Wiki Posts
Search

GRRRRRR PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default GRRRRRR PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

ok i have a kyosho usa-1 with an OS 21 Rz in it. a lil old but this truck is bad ass.....when it runs lol. i have a couple of problems but pretty much one main problem. i can start the truck. it is running rich for the reason that its been sitting for years and im trying to clean out all the after run oil in it. its really hard to get it to idle after it starts up and if it does it dies when you take the igniter off. its not responsive when you hit the gas. if it runs and keeps going after i take the igniter off and i hit the brake it dies? what is going on here? what am i doing wrong. thanks for all the help and interest ahead of time. OK I GOT THIS PROBLEM SOLVED. ON TO THE NEXT ONE LOL (BTW THX EVERYONE FOR THE HELP. LOVE MY TRUCK NOW THAT IT RUNS LMAO!.)

---->>OK SO HOW DO I KNO WHEN THE YOU HAVE STRIPPED A DIFF?? I HEAR A STRIPPING TYPE OF NOISE NEAR THE REAR DIFF WHEN I RUN IT OR WHEN I PUSH IT ON THE GROUND WHILE ITS OFF? ANYONE KNO WUT IT MIGHT BE? HAHAHA MY MOTTO ON THESE HOBBIES IS RUN IT ONE DAY FIX IT THE NEXT HAHAHA<<-------

Last edited by fadedmindz; 04-05-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: NEW QUESTION
Old 04-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like just mixtures, lean the bottom till you can get it to idle then tune the top.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

can i ask why it dies like right after i get it started and i take the igniter off?
Old 04-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

replace the glow plug
Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cheesecake
replace the glow plug
i did. twice
Old 04-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

try running a really hot plug....... and get the engine tuned i reccomend tearing it completely down cleaning it out with brake cleaner removing the carb needles and resealing the whole engine and lubing the needle gaskets with green slime. it probably is running really rich and its keeping the glow plug from satying ignited
Old 04-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

thats exactly what i thought. i really doubt i have to tear it down for the reason that it tries to start up right away and the motor was really well taken care of. i think i will try to just get it leaner and see what happens. i think it might be my lsn. ill c later today
Old 04-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

well my opinion would eb to tear it down just to check it out. from sitting the bearings could be rusted and there could be other things going on inside.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

ok cool thanks bro for all the help. ill get back to you guys on it and se if i need anymore help. i have the day off tomorrow so ill have lots of time lol
Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cheesecake
try running a really hot plug....... and get the engine tuned i reccomend tearing it completely down cleaning it out with brake cleaner removing the carb needles and resealing the whole engine and lubing the needle gaskets with green slime. it probably is running really rich and its keeping the glow plug from satying ignited
why did you say to try to run a really hot plug? wut is the differnce?
Old 04-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

kts hotter from the get go so it will try to stay lit longer then a cold plug
Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

can n e one else help?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If the engine dies when you hit the brakes, there is usually something wrong with the clutch (bearings most likely) or your throttle trim is wrong and the carb closes more when you hit the brakes.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

so then do i have to adjust the idle???
Old 04-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Like Zoom said the first two things to check are the idle gap and the clutch/bearings.

First take the air filter off and hit the brakes. If the throttle doesn't stay open at least the width of a fat paper clip you need to turn the idle screw in a bit. Don't forget to put the filter back on and zip tie it after you check it out. And remember you do not adjust the idle with the radio trim, only with the idle screw and after you have tuned the high and low speed needles.

If the carb is not closing to far then check the clutch and bearings. If you can push the car on the ground easily they are probably all right. But the only real way to tell is pull the engine and inspect the shoes and bearings.

Did you try leaning the engine a bit? When you start it you should be blipping the gas to keep it running for a bit so it can warm up after you take the igniter off. That's why it's nice to have it sitting on a block or starterbox when you start it so the wheels can roll while just sitting there. Then when you put it on the ground run it around for a few minutes so it actually warms up and then begine tuning the carb for the proper settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.