Wiki Posts
Search

trouble shooting about engine bearings and plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default trouble shooting about engine bearings and plugs

hi to every experience rc guys.

how often do you guys change plugs and the engine bearing??
Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by novaa
hi to every experience rc guys.

how often do you guys change plugs and the engine bearing??
change plugs when they need to be changed, approx every month or so, depends on how much driving you do.

not sure about bearings, ive never had to replace one yet.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i replace plugs depending on temputure and when the blow. i didnt change a plug for 5 months then it gfot cold and the engine ran like crap..... also bearing im switching to tko ceramics after the 1st gallon im also replacing the rod at this time also
Old 04-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheesecake
i replace plugs depending on temputure and when the blow. i didnt change a plug for 5 months then it gfot cold and the engine ran like crap..... also bearing im switching to tko ceramics after the 1st gallon im also replacing the rod at this time also
i see. i did a change of fuel for 2 times. each time i change my plug doesnt seems to fire up so i change twice for my plugs.

wow. u seems to maintain your engine to a tip top condition.

my local rc basher doesnt change the con rod at all. however they do change the bearings.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by novaa
i see. i did a change of fuel for 2 times. each time i change my plug doesnt seems to fire up so i change twice for my plugs.

wow. u seems to maintain your engine to a tip top condition.

my local rc basher doesnt change the con rod at all. however they do change the bearings.

normally, the life of the bearings are longer than the rods... bearings last quite awhile if the tuning is right and don't overheat the engine...

plugs have to be change if the engine cuts after the glow heater is removed... or the idling become irrattic, or idling is crap... i'll not run it till it blows as there might be chances of the filament dropping into the cylinder and marred the piston and sleeve... plugs are a lot cheaper than piston and sleeve, so change them to prevent damage to it...

i'll change the rods if there is excessive play on them with the fit on the crankshalf... you might get away without changing them, but if there is too much play, the crank pin might be damaged... crank is more expensive then the rod...

2 cents....
Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

as cheeseball said bearings and rod after the first gallon......you will get alot more life out of the engine and it will hold tunes better