Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND US INDOOR CHAMPS 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
Personally, I couldn't car less that the rubber tire guys would pull some bite out of the carpet. It's not like we can't change the cars to work with less/different bite.

I do prefer the idea of a handout foams to rubber tires. Purples and plaids would be a great way to control the tires and force the cars to be a little more driveable for the rest of us. Maybe even handouts from two brands so that the racers can choose what to run.
The event would never be able to carry enough tires. Once a 'best' tire was found for that particular track, the track would run out of those tires, and people would be stuck with the less desirable tire. I hate the idea of spec tires, this is one of the reasons why I like foam. Rubber tires belong on asphalt.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Im pro-rubber tire and would love to race them at Cleveland one day. That being said someone made a good point last year on the same debate. As long as Cleveland is filling all its entires with just foam tires then no reason to consider allowing them. At the point they cant fill the race with just foam tires then you might see them looking to rubber tires. The risk in that though is: will the rubber tire guys feel welcomed and want to race where they werent allowed to for so long??
Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Welcome to 2006. I'm sure half of the haters never even ran rubber tire on carpet. Oh and with all the setup skills on this thread you would think that some could adjust to this "less" traction for 12th scales.

All of these reasons are why this race will eventually die and Scottys and Boylans races will live on. That and the annual whoops section on the back straight.

Why Orion why.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Did this race even sell out last year?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

well if we went by the majority then 12th would win as its the biggest class at most races now at least in stock...

I'll race either way I just think its pointless to run something on a track that destroys the carpet and traction.

And running rubber tires doesn't increase overall attendance at big races just diversifies it more and waters down classes so more people have a chance to win.

Please insert $.25 to continue this conversation
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Sup Boice...

Go ahead and make those plans to come race... I think you'll be happy with improvements they are gonna make this year.
LOL...Theyve been saying that same thing for years and years now...and it only gets worse!

EA
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

No Masters..No rubber Touring= Home Cooked Turkey for me....
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Larry you wouldn't think you'd have to tell someone as tall as you are to "grow up"

I have run rubber tire on carpet as well as asphalt. I own our local track and we run rubber tire touring there so before you make comments do some research.

If you ran much 12th scale you'd understand. hard to adjust for carpet fibers being wrapped around your rear tires making you spin out FYI

EA... give things a few months its early yet... no need to be a hobby hater just yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Tag they are running pro 10 that should be an easier class for the middle aged

sorry man you had that coming. I know I'm getting older by the day too LOL
Old 04-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
LOL...Theyve been saying that same thing for years and years now...and it only gets worse!

EA
When I first went to this race as a kid back in 88', it was the most amazing experience. It was only 12th scale stock and mod with more racers, more heats that were all 8 minutes long, and yet we finished no later than 9pm every night. Last time I went in 91' it was still the same, great time, great racing.

Fast forward to 2003 when I got back into racing. All I could say to myself is WTF happened?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Grow up? Casue I have an opinion? This race was a disgrace last year. I could sit here and list 100 reasons why but that would be redundant as many people have done it before.

I ask all that read this thread to think twice about going to the Indoor champs. Stay at home with your family on thanksgiving, and be thankful you didn't go to the champs.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled marking out.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

your comment directed at me/12th scale, but it doesn't really matter...

i'm not talking about what you said about the race... what can I say if its true??? We all know the race needs to step up from announcers (it really needs to run more like the IIC with a true schedule to the minute that is awesome there., to the bumpiness of the track, to the lousy tech guys... and what big race has NO real trophy presentation???

race needs to be more professional period. I know they ARE working on several of these areas. I like the race b/c its a BIG 12th turnout period...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

We all know the race needs to step up from announcers ...
I'll Race Direct it!............
Old 04-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
IMO the only thing that will bring life back into Foam Sedan racing is a hand out foam thats a harder compound like purples and plaids. Make everyone buy the tires from the host track so the host track makes some money. How much money do host tracks make on foam tire races....not much if any with damn near the whole field getting tires for free or at cheaper then hobby shop cost. Look at the carpet nats more people in rubber tire then in the foam class.....I wonder why? It was close in Vegas too people are fed up on these stupid soft tires that last 1 run before they peel off the rim. Try a spec tire or a hand out foam tire race and see how it plays out. This is only for sedan, 12th scale doesnt have the same thing going on more people are going back to 12th scale because of this reason as well. The first race to do something like this would set the trend thats for sure and might get more people.
This is the only way to bring foam tire back. We are now at the point rubber tire was 7-8 years ago. What brought rubber back? SPEC TIRES- we need Purple and plaid

Oddly enough, I have been thinking this way for a while, and everybody I mention the idea to either is on board immediately or had the same idea as well. I have switched to rubber tire, since foam is dead in my area. I think foams are great, but the tire bills and peeled tires are adding up to be too great for most.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Larry you wouldn't think you'd have to tell someone as tall as you are to "grow up"

I have run rubber tire on carpet as well as asphalt. I own our local track and we run rubber tire touring there so before you make comments do some research.

If you ran much 12th scale you'd understand. hard to adjust for carpet fibers being wrapped around your rear tires making you spin out FYI

EA... give things a few months its early yet... no need to be a hobby hater just yet.
Im not sure how accurate your statement about rubber tires causes that is. I got that all the time on my foams tires at a track that didnt run rubber tires. I think its just the nature of carpet. Perhaps some tracks with older carpet that process has already taken place. Not sure...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.