Wiki Posts
Search

JRXS Type R or RDX Phi??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default JRXS Type R or RDX Phi??

I need some pros and cons for the 2 cars. I run 13.5 carpet rubber. Also what aftermarket parts do you suggest for each chassis.

Any help would be appreciated. I currently drive a TC5 and feel slower than everyone else. I think my setup is alright and just want to try something new.

Chirag
Old 03-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

You can't go wrong with the corally car.
The EU version comes with everything you need to be competitive with rubber tires on carpet. My only suggested option parts would be a kydex front bumper and a spring set.

Race results don't lie...............at the recent ROAR carpet nats the corally car qualified 1-2-3 and finished 1-2 in the 13.5 rubber class.

Quality, performance and customer service is top notch with corally.

DO IT...................DO IT
Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i'll second that, corally is the best
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

The Corally car is amazing, its fast and its just wonderful to drive! Go for the Corally man!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
You can't go wrong with the corally car.
The EU version comes with everything you need to be competitive with rubber tires on carpet. My only suggested option parts would be a kydex front bumper and a spring set.

Race results don't lie...............at the recent ROAR carpet nats the corally car qualified 1-2-3 and finished 1-2 in the 13.5 rubber class.

Quality, performance and customer service is top notch with corally.

DO IT...................DO IT
I think your forgetting at snowbirds a type r tq'ed and won stock rubber as well as a 1,2 finish.

All you need for rubber carpet racing is a oneway and a couple of different springs.

either way they are both great cars.
My choice is the type r and thats after owning both
Old 03-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
I think your forgetting at snowbirds a type r tq'ed and won stock rubber as well as a 1,2 finish.

All you need for rubber carpet racing is a oneway and a couple of different springs.

either way they are both great cars.
My choice is the type r and thats after owning both
If thats how you want to play.

I think your forgetting the corally car tq'd and won 13.5 and 10.5 rubber classes at the novak race. And it also tq'd and won the rubber class at the fast cats challenge.

I'm not very good at math......but it looks to me like 4 big race rubber tire wins this year for corally and 1 win for losi.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm not convinced the Type-R is the best car for rubber tires in club traction. It seems to do quite well at big races where the traction comes up, though. I ditched mine after months of frustration, and things improved for me immediately. Just my opinion and experience, though. I'm sure there's 20 Losi guys that would tell you different.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I'm not convinced the Type-R is the best car for rubber tires in club traction. It seems to do quite well at big races where the traction comes up, though. I ditched mine after months of frustration, and things improved for me immediately. Just my opinion and experience, though. I'm sure there's 20 Losi guys that would tell you different.
This is a result of having a car with almost all of the weight being inside the hinge pins. To have consistent traction on all surfaces you need to transfer weight.............very hard to do with everything in the middle of the car.
Its a good concept for high bite but not ideal for med-low bite situations
Old 03-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

If thats how you want to play.

I think your forgetting the corally car tq'd and won 13.5 and 10.5 rubber classes at the novak race. And it also tq'd and won the rubber class at the fast cats challenge.

I'm not very good at math......but it looks to me like 4 big race rubber tire wins this year for corally and 1 win for losi.
Hey dude I was simply pointing out that both cars are capable of winning in rubber trim....

I was not taking anything away from the corally as i stated both cars are good my personal choice is the losi as yours is corally.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is a result of having a car with almost all of the weight being inside the hinge pins. To have consistent traction on all surfaces you need to transfer weight.............very hard to do with everything in the middle of the car.
Its a good concept for high bite but not ideal for med-low bite situations
Makes sense, that was certainly my experience. The car wanted to hook mid-corner no matter what I did. I struggled with it for months, and finally gave up. The new car was instantly better, and was so smooth and predictable, even with a lame setup. There was just no comparison at all.

The R does seem like one hell of a foam car, though, especially in high traction.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Chirag,

Please read the PM that I sent before you take any of this seriously.

Steve
Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

I have owned both and both are good cars. I prefer the corally it is easier to work on and is less fragile.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

With the RDX Phi you get tons of input on setups from the Corally community.

Like the majority of the guys that commented above.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

I had the trype-r and am now sporting the corally. I've noticed a much higher level of qaulity and much more sound car. I hit the wall today at almost full speed and was able to continue the race with no tweak. If that was the type-r, I'm positive I would have broken a c-hub or arm for sure. I would say if you can swing the little extra cash, "CORALLY"
Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just got done building my phi, and I was impressed with the fit and finish. Dont forget the aluminum c-hubs and aluminum rear hubs that come with the kit, thats a nice touch for the phi.