Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Conrad
Think you missed my point on rpm Dragon, if said motor is 3500kv at 3.7v it will only produce 12950rpm at 0 speedo timing, even on 2S the same motor will only produce 25200rpm which is in the turbo kick in range on the new firmware. So running with the minimum amount of timing on 1S, will the turbo actually work?

Unlike the older software when you hit full throttle on the Tx you got turbo from the speedo regardless of it's current rpm. Now on the new firmware it's rpm that defines when turbo comes in, not throttle position.

Now the more timeshift you add on the speedo the more rpm the motor will run at so you could/should notice more of a difference between kick in settings, no?
The new firware was designed specifically with 21.5-10.5 2s in mind. That said any motor that can't rev above 20k rpm will benefit from more timeshift which will give you that rpm anyway. Take note that the new system feeds on timing to boost motor performance so the is no sudden powerband like the old software.

Last edited by Dragonfire; 06-15-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys, my RB50 Needs Repair.

who do i need to contact to have it repaired?

Matt
Old 06-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MattFromSooke
hey guys, my RB50 Needs Repair.

who do i need to contact to have it repaired?

Matt
PM "Team Wave" for details. He posts on this thread every now and then anyway so you could hunt back a few pages for him.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The new firware was designed specifically with 21.5-10.5 2s in mind. That said any motor that can't rev above 20k rpm will benefit from more timeshift which will give you that rpm anyway. Take note that the new system feeds on timing to boost motor performance so the is no sudden powerband like the old software.
As I thought then, thanks for the clarification Dragonfire

Suppose the next question is how much extra rpm does the timeshift add but I doubt anyone will answer me that question..... A novak sentry would be handy about now.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Suppose the next question is how much extra rpm does the timeshift add but I doubt anyone will answer me that question..... A novak sentry would be handy about now.
If your worried about turbo cutting in then turn it off setting 4 turbo kick in 1 is off then run time shift 9!! i don't use turbo very often i just add a bit of motor timing instead, 10 degrees does the trick!!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Champion

The answer to questions like this its not important. All that matters is what it does to your lap times. Look there to see how changes are effecting you peformance.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

True, but when your using a 10.5t on 1S in a car that can go round corners very quickly then having as much power to get out of the corner and still accelerate down the straight to the same speed as other cars becomes very important.

1S is very soft and underpowered compared to 4 NimH cells, I spent most of my races last year throttle jamming to keep the car in the turbo and it was still slow. Sadly there is no other options in the series I run, no roar sportsman spec to keep things more equal and modified isn't allowed so power is key.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

True, but when your using a 10.5t on 1S in a car that can go round corners very quickly then having as much power to get out of the corner and still accelerate down the straight to the same speed as other cars becomes very important.

1S is very soft and underpowered compared to 4 NimH cells, I spent most of my races last year throttle jamming to keep the car in the turbo and it was still slow. Sadly there is no other options in the series I run, no roar sportsman spec to keep things more equal and modified isn't allowed so power is key.
If you want more power straight away then try running a little timing on the motor. Also a high TS and gain setting (pages 1 & 2) will bring up the power sooner as well. Because the system has been designed to handle a wide variety of conditions there is not a huge difference between max TS and max turbo.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Funny I'm sure I remember one of your posts saying 1 & 2 were for bottom end and 3 & 4 for for top end... Certainly that's what I felt when testing the TS settings, the higher the number the more top end the car had but it didn't jump out of the corners like it did on a lower TS setting. Perhaps a revised firmware with lower turbo kick in points for the RB12 when it becomes available will help.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wouldn't changing your gearing also alter your rpms ,try changing gearing so turbo kicks in sooner you should be able to notice it if your holding the car and floor it. I was testing in 17.5 1s 1/12 with the new firmware and was only a couple 10ths off of what i ran with a Tekin and could of got it faster but changed to the sportsman mode to get ready for a big race. Keep at it you'll get their it took me a while to get where i was and gearing made the biggest difference.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Funny I'm sure I remember one of your posts saying 1 & 2 were for bottom end and 3 & 4 for for top end... Certainly that's what I felt when testing the TS settings, the higher the number the more top end the car had but it didn't jump out of the corners like it did on a lower TS setting. Perhaps a revised firmware with lower turbo kick in points for the RB12 when it becomes available will help.
Thats true, but the systems timing on TS 9 will give you a fair bit of top end anyway... thats just the side effect of timing no matter where or when you use it. The TS system is designed to control the timing to offer better temps and control for driving through corners but at high settings it will also offer plenty of top end too, just not as much as the turbo system. If you are already running high TS values I am sure you would be using turbo. There is minimal turbo "kick" when the TS value is very high as the timing change is less significant.

Anyway I have a 12th scale I have yet to put together and start playing with but after comparing the BD v2 and the RB I am more interested in putting the wave into the 12th now. When I get this done I'll post up some findings but I suggest you don't give up and play with it some more. I will be amazed if you can't get it to go. Do you know what settings people are using with their MMP or RS esc's in 12th? This will give me an idea of where you should try starting from.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Something i forgot to mention is gearing seems to play a big roll on the waves performance. i am gearing my 17.5 2s at 4.16 fdr which is a roll out of 48mm which is crazy for a timing speedo but that is what is giving me puch with top end and lower temperatures so maybe muck around with your gearing. and just for info on old firmware i would have a roll out of 51 and i am only a couple of mm off the old roll out!! This is another reason why i don't run turbo very often with this gearing i already have a lot of speed when i wind out
Old 06-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

303slowdown, what settings were you running before changing to sportsman mode, did it still have plenty of rip out of the corners?

Well at my local club the other couple of 1/12th run older esc's with no turbo's but at the bigger series we all race at last year one guy was running his GM with 60' of timing and 50mm/rev but he was on four cell so he had plenty of power everywhere. I was running 63mm/rev with timeshift 2 and the turbo on, I did try timeshift 5 and the lower rollout but the car was dog slow on acceleration and top end.

Problem I have testing at the local club is the hall is alot smaller so the 1/12th is carrying no corner speed at all and the straight is half the length as well. Might try it again this week and see how it goes.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

303slowdown, what settings were you running before changing to sportsman mode, did it still have plenty of rip out of the corners?

Well at my local club the other couple of 1/12th run older esc's with no turbo's but at the bigger series we all race at last year one guy was running his GM with 60' of timing and 50mm/rev but he was on four cell so he had plenty of power everywhere. I was running 63mm/rev with timeshift 2 and the turbo on, I did try timeshift 5 and the lower rollout but the car was dog slow on acceleration and top end.

Problem I have testing at the local club is the hall is alot smaller so the 1/12th is carrying no corner speed at all and the straight is half the length as well. Might try it again this week and see how it goes.
If it is small then you will want to gear up run time shift seven. No turbo and put your gain setting to 4. This should give you plenty of punch. just watch your temps!! Also remember this speedy does make the car feel a little soft but does accelerate the same as all the others!!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

i ran the new firmware tonight for the first time due to holidays and lack of race meets and all I can say is what an improvement in performance thanks Teamwave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.