Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Link dosent work for some reason
Problem solved, sorry i've never heard the video it's in german.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
isnt the only revisions for the b software was to accommodate for the reversing for the x12 motors, or is there more?
I had the reverse problem with a nemisis
Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
isnt the only revisions for the b software was to accommodate for the reversing for the x12 motors, or is there more?
Well supposedly but i have found it to be better full stop!!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM
rec
Tech Initiate

Hi all

I thought about buying a rbs, but i see rcmarket give a good deal on the rb 50 and programme box.

So my question is does the rb-50 has the same "stock spec" racing than the rbs ?

Thanks .
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did anybody answer the question about putting the new RB-S software onto an RB30?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rec
Hi all

I thought about buying a rbs, but i see rcmarket give a good deal on the rb 50 and programme box.

So my question is does the rb-50 has the same "stock spec" racing than the rbs ?

Thanks .
No, rb-50 is diferent. But you can upload the same firmware as rb-s into rb-50, although i think Team Wave doesn't advise to do that. But only Max can answer that.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Did anybody answer the question about putting the new RB-S software onto an RB30?
Yes, Max (teamwave) said not to do it, only the rb-50 is capable of running the rb-s software for the 2x turbo.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Hi american guys,

looks like Teamwave/King Golden have put a big effort on states and announced Shawn Palmer as the Head up man of King Golden USA. For sure it gonna be a big step forward for all King Golden brands, that include for sure Team Wave.

King Golden USA
Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Conrad,

Can you lead me to the info from Max saying not to put RBS firmware on an RB30? The tech specs of the RB30 and RBS are pretty much the same.

Team Wave will not honour a warranty on an RB50 or RB30 if it has RBS firmware on it so I dont see how Max can say it is OK on an RB50 as if that is the case surely they should honour any warranty?

I have put the RBS firmware on my rb30 and it works but I have not raced yet. I have a fan on the RB30 and a heat sink and fan on the motor. I am keen to know where Max said only an RB50 (and not RB30) is ok - not to disagree with you, just because I dont want to blow my speedo!!!

Is it a case of it is ok to run the RBS on the RB30 but only if you dont use the 2 x turbo?

Thanks for any comments

Regards

Chris
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

[click]
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Conrad, thank you, as I say, not to disagree, just so I dont blow my speedo!

Anyone any ideas why, when the RB30 and RBS are both 200A/phase (according to Team Wave Website), the RB30 cant handle the RBS firmware? I am not an expert by anymeans so would appreciate any input!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Audrius
thank you for trying to help me. Today was on track to test car. So now my config was: tyres ~56mm, spur 100, pinion 29. Motor timing all the way to max, 10 degree mark. ESC settings:
Neutral brake - 5;
Brake force - 3;
Turbo - 1;
Time shift - 3;
Drive profile - 4;
Brake profile - 6;
Temp cut - 2;
Lipo cut - 2;
Motor type - 1.

At start ESC worked well but after few laps (and I was not driving fast) ESC faded, speed dropped drastically. After turning ESC off and on speed comes back but again after two or three laps fades. I do not know where to look? With that same motor and same battery and Tekin RS Pro everything was working good. Where I have to look? Maybe something wrong with ESC? Maybe I have to put fan back on ESC? Maybe ESC temp cut off works? HELP!!!
While I haven't done much testing with turbo 2 yet my brother (decibels) has. Basically you choose which turbo by the amount of full throttle usuage you use around each lap. If you are full throttle ALOT, you need to stick to turbo 1 and gear accordingly. If you don't use full throttle alot then go for turbo 2. You need to remember that as soon as you hit full throttle the turbo kicks in which loads up motor and speedy. If you are full throttle almost the whole lap this load is alot for the motor in particular.

Originally Posted by topher2009
Conrad, thank you, as I say, not to disagree, just so I dont blow my speedo!

Anyone any ideas why, when the RB30 and RBS are both 200A/phase (according to Team Wave Website), the RB30 cant handle the RBS firmware? I am not an expert by anymeans so would appreciate any input!!!

If you have tried turbo and twin turbo back to back you will notice the large power difference. The RB-30 was designed as a budget priced speedy and the twin turbo system puts a lot more stress on both the motor and the speedy. This is why they don't recommend it for the RB30.

However... My brother runs a RB30 and so far it works fine with the RBS C software with a 17.5 Duo. I can't promise you that it will be reliable and the speedy may fail but for 1 race meet so far we have had no problems with twin turbo. The speedy does get a little warm (no fan). For that reason I personally wouldn't run anything higher than a brushless stock motor (17.5t) regardless of having a fan or not. Remember it was not intended for this abuse in the 1st place.

Just a note: If you use the RBS software on the RB30, you do so at your own risk. I would suggest getting a RBS or a RB50 and updating that to your desired software for competitive use. If you run 17.5t or higher turn motors keep your RB30 for a backup. Also keep in mind that Max is working hard at the moment on improving the software to be the best ESC out there. I believe newer firmwares will actually be easier on the hardware both motor and ESC for lower temps and more consistent lap performance.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Dragonfire, I agree with everything you said. The only thing I would add is that if anyone was to use RB-S firmware on their RB30, try and put a fan on it.

What I hope everyone realizes is that it wasn't long ago that Team Wave ESC's were the fastest on the market in any class. Since the beginning of the year many manufactures have released new hardware and firmware that have given them a big step forward, especially in 17.5 and 21.5. I am 100% sure Max won't take long to make sure that once again, that Team Wave are again the ESC of choice in all categories.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Dragonfire, I agree with everything you said. The only thing I would add is that if anyone was to use RB-S firmware on their RB30, try and put a fan on it.

What I hope everyone realizes is that it wasn't long ago that Team Wave ESC's were the fastest on the market in any class. Since the beginning of the year many manufactures have released new hardware and firmware that have given them a big step forward, especially in 17.5 and 21.5. I am 100% sure Max won't take long to make sure that once again, that Team Wave are again the ESC of choice in all categories.
Paul,

Are you racing @ WHRC tomorrow night ?? If so, could I leave you the RB-S, to see if it is repairable ? ?

Regards,
Michael.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Initiate

THanks for all your help, I have run a 10.5 on the RB30 (with RB30 firmware) with a fan on the ESC for a year and it has been faultless, with the outdoor season about to start - and the track we use having a very long straight, i fancied the twin turbo of the RBS firmware for the extra speed!

As the RB30 has been faultless with its proper firmware, I think i will just put that back on it so as not to ruin it! I will wait for more feedback from people using 10.5 and RBS firmware on an RB30 as i dont want to be a test bunny!

Thanks

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.