New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Team Wave RB-50 using RB-S Firmware 2x Turbo Test.

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
RBS firmware is not compatible with RB30/50 when the time it was released. We spent 1-2 months to change the software such that it can fit to RB50 that user required. Of course you can upgrade your RB30/50 with the RBS firmware but warranty will be void and this is understandable.
How can we sell more if we say not compatible? Will people buy one more RBS because RB50 is not compatible? We don't think so. If we sell more RBS, that means we will sell less RB50. If we say it is compatible, we will sell more RB50 but less RBS....Bare in mind that the price of RB50 is higher than RBS and our profit is even higher!! The intention of RBS is offer user to have the best performance at the lowest possible price! LRP TC SPEC and SPX also share the same hardware and sell at the same price too. The different is also the firmware alone.

Greg Fisher (Cannon), please stop attacking our company and ruin our name any more as every body know you are the dealer of TEKIN and hobbywing !!!

As a lot of users are using RB50 and would like to run stock, that's why we change the firmware such that it can fit to RB50 but obviously we can't offer warranty for that since RB50 is designed for modify racing!

It is so easy to make the RBS firmware non uploadable to the RB30/50 but we haven't do that!

Clever user can read through this thread and note the intention of somebody.As a manufacturer we keep clam for long time but I think we need to say something to protect our company at this moment. We are not here to start war with anybody else but to serve our customers. Thank you.
Originally Posted by cvt01
I just uploaded the new RB-S firmware to my RB-50 and I can confirm that now I have 2x turbo and 7 timeshift profiles.
We have a practice this afternoon I will see how it feels (unfortunately this is a really tiny track with no timing).
Originally Posted by cvt01
Ok, back from practice, the RB-50 worked quite well but I'm not sure I was able to use all of its potential on this tiny track. I was running it with a Speedpassion 13.5 V3. I put the timing down all the way to "0", dropped the rollout to 37 put Timeshift to 7 and turbo to 2x. However there was nobody to compare it to (all the others were running 12th scale) it seemed really fast in the infield but it felt a little flat in the straight. The motor came out 55-60C after the 5 minutes so it may be able to handle lot more gearing on a normal size track. I would say it is promising but I'll see it in a real race next weekend.
BTW attached is the layout for the next race, it is quite big of a track 30m (~100ft) by 15m (45-50ft). If you guys have any advice on how to set up the ESC that would be greatly appreciated.

very good ,

To Make sure of this.
could you test and compare your self
when using the same RBS firmware on your RB-50
between turbo 1x and 2x perfomance
is there any differences,
if there is,
then it is realy working.

which is Great!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

For small track, you can use 1x turbo instead of 2x. You can also run higher gear ratio to gain infield punch and torque. Try lower timeshift to 3-4 to gain more torque. After you are happy in the infield but not happy in the straight, try to run 2x turbo.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

In our test, RB50 with RBS firmware or RBS have the same performance. We run both together and can't find the difference (or I shouldn't say there is no performance difference, otherwise someone will pop up and challenge us again )
Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

In our test, RB50 with RBS firmware or RBS have the same performance. We run both together and can't find the difference (or I shouldn't say there is no performance difference, otherwise someone will pop up and challenge us again )
At least you are not telling any more lies Max

Pity you didn't say that in the first place
Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by cherry2blost; 02-01-2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: attitude re adjustment
Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
C annon can't you just bugger off back under your stone and leave well alone now, we are all aware that YOU think TW stuf is shit, OK point taken now F*** OFF
Your wish is my command

haven't you noticed that these posts have now got you FREE upgrades....

ENJOY
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Your wish is my command

haven't you noticed that these posts have now got you FREE upgrades....

ENJOY
Indeed. Thank you for that.

But for now it would be very good to get back on the topics and not on "empty" messages like a couple of last of yours... Thank you for understanding that.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

dang.... would have bought the rb-50 if this was the case...

i run both mod and stock...
Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

Although RB50 can load the RBS firmware for better competition in stock class, it is not a good idea of using the firmware to run modify. A mistake on the setting will damage your ESC/MOTOR.

Last edited by TEAMWAVE; 02-01-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

Although RB50 can load the RBS firmware for better competition in stock class, it is not a good idea of using the firmware to run modify. A mistake on the setting will damage your ESC/MOTOR.

Max

The guy was complaining that as he runs both stock and Mod if he was told
the truth first he could have bought the RB50 and he could have swapped the software around ... RBS when running stock and RB50 when running Mod.
Instead I assume he bought the RBS and now cant use it to run Mod

This is to help Max understand what katze was saying
Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

i see Cannon's wooden spoon doing the rounds
Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iceman 69
i see Cannon's wooden spoon doing the rounds
reckon he's been trying to run it with his Waves, maybe thats why the 75% failure rate lol
Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Team Wave RB-50 using RB-S Firmware 2x Turbo Test

For small track, you can use 1x turbo instead of 2x. You can also run higher gear ratio to gain infield punch and torque. Try lower timeshift to 3-4 to gain more torque. After you are happy in the infield but not happy in the straight, try to run 2x turbo.
Great So With RB-50 Using RB-S firmware, can run 1x and 2x Turbo.
that will work differently between 1x and 2x.

Thanks its been challenge to do it.

Yes, That would be Great for safety information,
That meant Turbo 2x is Recommended For Stock only

Next Question is
What if i run Mod on RB-50 Using RB-S Firmware running 1x Turbo Only ?
Will it work's ?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Max, if someone was to run the RBS software on an RB-50 what would be the lowest motor rating you would reccomend? It might be worth adding some of this info to an FAQ on the website just to clear it up for everyone
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Given all the chirps and questions that i have read on this thread, maybe it would be a good idea for TW to update their FAQ on their web site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.