Search

2003 roar fuel sedan nationals

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2003 roar fuel sedan nationals

Sup guys!!!

I wanted to start talking this event...this years nats is taking place at Revelations Raceway, a location close enough for me to attend. (5 hr drive...each way...) This track is a beautiful facility... and the guy who runs it , Dana Smeltzer is a true gentleman who tries hard to make sure everyone has a truly good time.

After looking at entry list...all I can say is...everybody is there... everybody!!! All teams for the exception of Kyosho will be represented. Entries from all over the states and as far as Canada will be there. This is going to be a very competitive field!!!

So...who is going win?? Will Barry's car last? Josh Cyrul?? (I'm actually looking forward to seeing this living legend drive) Speaking of legends... Joel "Magic" Johnson will be there. Or will it one of the Serpent guys... Team Mugen is certainly well represented with Robbie as well as Swauger. Afterall... this is Robbie's home track. Hara himself is signed up... presumebly running the new R40... What a way to debut a new car!!! with one the world's best drivers... What else... can't forget about Ishitani and Tosellini even thought the Yok platform is dated... Without a doubt, the A main will be a phenomenal event... wouldn't it be cool if a privateer makes it to the A... anything is possible cause there are some fast ass locals that has logged thousands of laps. I myself could only dream....uhmm...

So... for those that enjoy racing...let talk this up. You So-Cal guys chime in too and give us the low down on the new layout...or whatever else..
Old 07-17-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Post Track Layout

i guess this is a good place to post the current layout of the track at revelation. i draw it as close as i can remember it, let me know if it was not correct.
Attached Thumbnails 2003 roar fuel sedan nationals-rev-layout.jpg  
Old 07-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm having a hard time deciding who to root for..

I race tc3's.....so thats a logical choice..

BUT,I I've had HPIs since 97...and I'd like to see their new car do well.....esp Thad Garner...(Hara's not driving the car)...

if its good for HPI,its good for the RC hobby..

And I'd also like Ralph Burch to win...Yes,I own an Impulse..

but the real reason is,even though he knows I run Tc3's,he is ALWAYS a great help whenever I call him(esp about my HUDY stuff ot Veteq)..never has a bad thing to say about the competition(OR the CARS....Something the MUGEN wannabes ought to learn)...and is great asset to the racing world and hobby in general....

not to mention 1/8th scale Champion......

A truelly great guy and champion...
Old 07-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

check out the results of club racing at www.rcracing.com race results for relation raceway, our boy Josh Alton is going pretty fast lately and in charge of chassis tuning for the ofna ld3. whatup jonathan?
Old 07-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Where do you sign up (website?). I live in VA, but want to hit the nationals.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Data... thanks for the nice pic. How do you like the layout?

FastHarry...isn't it refreshing to talk about something besides hop ups? BTW...Burch imo will probably be the most prepared pro, having his entire team there and all...and what's the deal w/ Hara not driving. I guess HPI would not have any excuses if he did drive and not win...

Tee... Josh Alton has been working a lot with that OFNA car...and he has come a long way with it... He could easily be in the top 25.

Mtx3 racer... Sign ups are close dude...150 entries already!!!

Guys...here is a question...which motor will prevail?? NS12?? I see lots of Rody Tunes, RTU's?? Humm... I will be bringing it with the infamous "NMW turbo Fanned motor".
Old 07-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Jonathan
I will be bringing it with the infamous "NMW turbo Fanned motor".
Jonathan, how does that motor work? Have you run it yet? Run time?
Old 07-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jonathan
Data... thanks for the nice pic. How do you like the layout?

FastHarry...isn't it refreshing to talk about something besides hop ups? BTW...Burch imo will probably be the most prepared pro, having his entire team there and all...and what's the deal w/ Hara not driving. I guess HPI would not have any excuses if he did drive and not win...

Tee... Josh Alton has been working a lot with that OFNA car...and he has come a long way with it... He could easily be in the top 25.

Mtx3 racer... Sign ups are close dude...150 entries already!!!

Guys...here is a question...which motor will prevail?? NS12?? I see lots of Rody Tunes, RTU's?? Humm... I will be bringing it with the infamous "NMW turbo Fanned motor".

from what I understand,Hara is now sponsored by Hot Bodies,not HPI..

Thad Garner will be driving the R40..

And good for him.....
Old 07-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

InitialD

I broke in the motor 2 weeks ago... I ran it pretty rich and it was easily the fastest motor at my local track. I didn't pay any attention to runtime then because I didn't lean it out yet...

Thanks Harry for the clarifications.

Where are the fast So-Cal boyz...Kevin...Rocket??? Leo... Jr...Robbie...

Btw... anyone else from this forum going. I know YBSLOW and Tennesse from Arizona will be attending... anyone else...
Old 07-18-2003, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fastharry
never has a bad thing to say about the competition(OR the CARS....Something the MUGEN wannabes ought to learn)
Look who's talking...........

That's funny, I swear that you are the very one who disses the MTX-3(and it's owners) in alot of your posts! And without provocation I might add!

BTW, my sig is in response to one of your comments of MTX-3 owners a while back in one of your posts. That really blew me away! It's weird how a certain car can do that to you.

Did you base you assumtions on a couple of people from the MTX-3 thread?

You really crack me up!!

Anyway............

I'm a long time AE fan, BUT I am also a happy MTX-3 owner so i'm rooting for either team...................well, maybe just a little more for Mugen!

GO ROBBIE, MIKE, TENNESSEE, YBSLOW (KRIS & TIM?)!!!!

and Barry, Mark, Billy, etc.!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Look who's talking...........

That's funny, I swear that you are the very one who disses the MTX-3(and it's owners) in alot of your posts! And without provocation I might add!

BTW, my sig is in response to one of your comments of MTX-3 owners a while back in one of your posts. That really blew me away! It's weird how a certain car can do that to you.

Did you base you assumtions on a couple of people from the MTX-3 thread?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually called him on this a while back and it seems he settled down but i think he's got ants in his pants again or is it mugen in his pants?

Everyone has an opinion on a car and some don't like certain cars but the you get "some" people who will talk smack about a car without every owning it or running it and that's the wacky thing!

I think it's maybe time for a certain someone to come out of the closet and show us pics of his mtx3 FULLY HOPPED UP!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

You guys make me laugh.......Go read your own forum..there isn't one stock Mugen on there....90% have more options then my Racer2 HPI's did..And my racer 2 didn't need Knuckles or rear arms either..

But I guess,since you didn't notice that,you wouldn't notice in my reply i mentioned the people who own them ,NOT the car..

BYW,my tc3 held up fine to bring me to a second place A main(30 minute) win in Edison nj(a ROAR region 2 club)..A serpent 705 won...

you don't want to know who finished behind me because they broke,do you?..
Old 07-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fastharry
You guys make me laugh.......Go read your own forum..there isn't one stock Mugen on there....90% have more options then my Racer2 HPI's did..And my racer 2 didn't need Knuckles or rear arms either..

But I guess,since you didn't notice that,you wouldn't notice in my reply i mentioned the people who own them ,NOT the car..

BYW,my tc3 held up fine to bring me to a second place A main(30 minute) win in Edison nj(a ROAR region 2 club)..A serpent 705 won...

you don't want to know who finished behind me because they broke,do you?..

SlowHarry,there you go again asuming things without knowing.My mtx3 is completely stock and i have mentioned that in the forum but it's only stock because i don't need any of the other parts YET.As i've also said i've only needed to replace a couple of hub bearings after a few months of running it.Who said there is anything wrong with aftermarket/hopup parts anyway,tell me how many STOCK ntc3s you know of LOL!!!!!

As for which car finished behind you,don't tell me it was another ntc3 with fuel problems again or was it the drivetrain or was it ???,just enjoy your ntc3 even though the novelty has run out and let others enjoy their cars!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

well,then,I guess you fit into the 10% that don't have them loaded up...
Old 07-18-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Woops,forgot to add,sorry to the starter of the thread for getting off topic,i'm done with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.