Wiki Posts
Search

Inferno GT Racing Info.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Inferno GT Racing Info.

I see that these cars are raced all over the United states. I will be racing here in Cincy this year for the first time. Our local track is huge (15 foot wide, 250+ feet straight away) Smooth Black top

Looking for set up sheets that have Won some of these big races ( i know they are not like the serpents and evo's but would like to know a great starting point for me.

Local rules seemes to be as follows. Please try to stay in them for suggestions.

1) cant change the motor and pipe
2) Any rubber tire
3) any gearing
4) Thats about it for now.

Lets start our own GT Thread.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183735

this seems to be the IGT thread
Old 03-23-2008, 04:55 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Crash
I see that these cars are raced all over the United states. I will be racing here in Cincy this year for the first time. Our local track is huge (15 foot wide, 250+ feet straight away) Smooth Black top

Looking for set up sheets that have Won some of these big races ( i know they are not like the serpents and evo's but would like to know a great starting point for me.

Local rules seemes to be as follows. Please try to stay in them for suggestions.

2) Any rubber tire
3) any gearing

Allready a thread for GT racing

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183735

AFM
Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks. for the help, wanted to shorten the thinking part and just talk about actual racing and setup. Spent an hour reading that thread and how they might make it a class. Well one year later it is a class. So guess i'm still searchin.

I will go back when i have more time to read all 600 posts, but if anyone knows, type away, i'l read it THanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

this site is the best forum for the inferno gt. it give you set up sheets, gearing, tire up grades. check it out. www.infernogt.proboards102.com
Old 03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

THanks, getting the twister tires for an experiment.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Actually, there was a IGT thread over on the 'oval, large scale' section with 271 posts already specific to the IGT

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154144

The links posted above are general for the GT class all makes and models.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

THanks, getting the twister tires for an experiment.

The Twister Tires are real good, you'll like them too.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hey crash

yea you better do your homework crash hahahaha i got some twister tires and some kyosho v slicks Diesel is also getting a car so i guess that means you will be at least 2 more spots down hahahaha also crash you can run whatever engine .28 engine that is commercially avaible look it up on tsrcar web site.

Last edited by .rc_racer; 03-27-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Havn't you learned yet that playing dumb always gets you more info than necessary. In any case glad you got someone involved that listens to others. Deisel please help the guy he needs it.

What ever you do dont let him out on the track by himself, he might just break something.

Sat. is another clean up day, board replacement, PA check day, and lap computer checking so bring your dad deisel and lets get ready for a summer of fun and racing with these big bad boys.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

O Ya, i found my avitar on your windshield (inside) thanks Rc-Racer lol.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Check out our track. Ran the V-Slicks 45 from Kyosho all day today and they seamed to do well. They also lasted all day with life left will keep you posted.

Wanted all to see the type of track we are going to be racing on. More info to come as i learn a little each time out.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Kraceway in Florida, is the home of the 2008 Kyosho US Open Sedan Championships race this weekend.

This event will feature the Kyosho Inferno GT Spec class cars racing for the 1st time in the history of this annual event.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

2) Any rubber tire
3) any gearing

I just checked the club site, and it seems that you can do much more. Their rules are in line the Midwest Series rules. You can change the engine and pipe. Must use a commercialy available .28. For the MWS we are limiting it to sport level .28 engines.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Replies

JSpeed. hey looks local to you. Do me a favor, go around and take as many notes as you can ie gearing (where they got it, motors and such) this is awesome i would love to be able to come and watch this event. Also any possible interchangable parts, then PM me so i can screen what to put on this site LOL. SETUPS in general......I would have thought keyosho would do some of this for us like they do on other cars???

Duneland, thanks i thought i saw that. Was hoping it would stay relatively simple so that all the great 1/8 (guys in the magazines and sponsered drivers would stay away LOL. I know the MWS is that way or was reading but i believe the local track is also going to develop a breakout time so all those hopups would mean nothing but loosing a lap. I just hope to get good control of my car over the next couple months, then maybee start to tinker with other stuff later.

If this class turns out to be really big then maybe open for the advanced drivers, until then you will not get and groom new drivers by throwing them in with guys that have raced forever.

My 2 cents, but if getting new drivers involved is the reason for the new rally class, then protecting the reason should be just as important as the reason itself. Or else you are just making another class for the current people to run that feel like it which equals the same drivers and not the reason i thought this class was started for and the reason i became interested in it.

I know thats alot of Reasons but hey, i'm no literrary (lol) buff, i crash cars for fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.