Tekin R1 Pro

Old 05-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well yes but they mention something about 4.5 and 5.5 that they have to get the next time... below is the link...

http://www.teamtekin.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1709

it has the following...

"Even if you downloaded version 180 recently during the short time it was posted please do it over. Please uninstall your current hotwire using the windows add/remove programs and install the new version. Download the new .zip file from the website and run the setup.

We updated the hotwire a little also. We fixed the timing suggestion for the 3.5 motor, but I see we reversed the 4.5 and 5.5 motors…. We will catch that one next time when Chris gets back from climbing mountains in Canada. We also added a timing suggestion for the sensorless motors.

Enjoy!
"

Since I primarily use 4.5 and 5.5 the new update sounds ify for me...
Old 05-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
Well yes but they mention something about 4.5 and 5.5 that they have to get the next time... below is the link...

http://www.teamtekin.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1709

it has the following...

"Even if you downloaded version 180 recently during the short time it was posted please do it over. Please uninstall your current hotwire using the windows add/remove programs and install the new version. Download the new .zip file from the website and run the setup.

We updated the hotwire a little also. We fixed the timing suggestion for the 3.5 motor, but I see we reversed the 4.5 and 5.5 motors…. We will catch that one next time when Chris gets back from climbing mountains in Canada. We also added a timing suggestion for the sensorless motors.

Enjoy!
"

Since I primarily use 4.5 and 5.5 the new update sounds ify for me...
It has nothing to do with the software and won't affect how it runs, it's only SUGGESTIONS for the timing, the suggestion for the 4.5 and the 5.5 were mixed up, so if you run a 4.5 and want to use tekin's suggested timing use the 5.5 setting and the other way round for a 5.5.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

ah thank you... I havent even thought of it that way. I thought he meant they screwed up the settings for the 4.5 and 5.5 and they get it fixed next time

Now thats cleared up
Old 06-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

well...

for the looks of this thread noone is interested in the R1 anymore... I finally did get to use it in the race weekend. My Lrp quit working so I swapped in the R1 pro.

I do not have a hotwire so I used the on board setup.

The performance sucked... I have orion 3.5, 5.5 and 6.5 and Sp4.5 ver2 I tried the linear agressive very agreesisve settings... didnt work. tried all the motors nothing helped. It was just slow....

So I ripped apart the LRP fixed it on track. and set the track lap record with it.

Not sure how you guys make it work but I cant get this thing to work. and for me it is just wasted money sitting on my desk... I ll spend some more on the hotwire see if that solves the problem.. if it doesnt and I cant sell it to anyone with good concience I stick it in one of my old cars...
Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

If you haven't got the hotwire I assume your R1 hasn't been updated since you bought it ? There have been a lot of improvements especially in the past two months and the 180 helps a LOT in 5-cell mod racing.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Is anyone successfully using the R1 Pro in 1/12 scale with a 10.5 motor? Is startup the only problem when using this application?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Is anyone successfully using the R1 Pro in 1/12 scale with a 10.5 motor? Is startup the only problem when using this application?
I'm driving an R1 in a 1/12th using a 9.5 (10.5 is slower than a good 19T).
Works well, startup is improved a lot with the 180 update but its not perfect.
Once its rolling the speedo is the smoothest I've used (owning a GTB, Sphere, Sphere comp 07), I like it a lot.
I'm using a GM Evo3 motor and I've set the timing at about 75.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info. I'm trying one out tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Thanks for the info. I'm trying one out tomorrow.
Watch out with the R1 pro, for the lower body's like Zytek or Speed 12 it was pretty close to mount the esc under.
There was something like 0.5mm between the body and the buttons on top!
Thats why I put an R1 on my 1/12th.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
If you haven't got the hotwire I assume your R1 hasn't been updated since you bought it ? There have been a lot of improvements especially in the past two months and the 180 helps a LOT in 5-cell mod racing.
No I dont have a hotwire. trying to get one buteveryone I looked is out of stock...

what else needs to be done when the hotwire is here besides updating the esc? I primarily run 5.5,4.5 and maybe 3.5 if I need the power that much. 3.5 and 5.5 are orion Vortex ver1. 4.5 is SP4.5R ver.2

also, I am reading alot about rotors with different diameters... does it effect the R1 start up if we use smaller rotor with 5 cells? I am assuming smaller rotor is better for 5 cell of course...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

It's nice to know that Istanbul is waiting for the Hotwire. Here in the US LHS the Hotwire is due in the mid June.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Team Tekin

Depending on how old your R1 is for software, there has been huge improvements. Getting yours up to date is very neccessary. The low winds you're using should work fine with the R1. 180 is the current release.

I'd offer to update it for you but you're not even in my country. I'll see if I can get an update on the Hotwire for you guys.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

yes, I am trying to locate a unit so I can purchase it. then I can update everyone elses, if anyone buys it After last weekends disaster I am sure everyone is waiting for me to make it work before purchasing...
Old 06-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

I've been talking with Randy Pike and he's been very helpful, but I still can't seem to fix my problem. Before I send it in to Tekin, I'd like to tap into everyone else's experience. When I turn on the unit, 1,2 and 6,7 flash constantly. I've reset to the factory defaults, I've set my transmitter several times, and I've checked all the solder joints for excess solder and security. NO luck fixing it. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? It has the original software (I will be updating) and I'm trying to run a 10.5 Orion motor with 4 cells. BTW, it does the same thing with the motor hooked up or not. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Ran into that problem last week. Flashing lower & upper LED's. Have readjusted Home position of TX(Neutral/Throttle/brakes), with no luck. It would adjust the throttle throw. Replace the Redline motor, Same Problem. Disconnected the White wire(W), The ESC acts as normal, LED's. The problem is, with everything connected, It will look normal, but, Under throttle the LED's run in reverse during throttle advance. Weird!!

Since I have a spare R1 I replaced it. Went through the Adjustment of Home position on the TX. Lower & upper LED's came on, in solid form. Still could not get it to operate.

To get it going. I had to Change Model Memory location on the TX. So, If you have model Memory on your TX try that. It work fine for me. I will probably send the R1 for repair, in the next 2 weeks, I'll be out of town, for that time.

I really don't know what the problem is, if the ESC went sour, or TX Memory went sour. I won't know till a couple weeks.

Let me know if you find the problem or get more info!!! Good luck!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.