Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Dave!

I knw you have been raving about the Yokomo ST motor and a couple of other stand up motors. But I was wondering if laydown motors would have the advantage over standup motors in a 5 minute race. Since runtime would no longer be an issue, I think laydown motors would have an advantage in an outdoor track with a 40 meter straight and medium infield. What do you you think? I have yet to tune a standup motor that goes faster than a laydown motor in a 5 minute main, but thats just me. I may be wrong. Thanks.

JJ
Old 03-28-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by jedi
Hi Dave!

I knw you have been raving about the Yokomo ST motor and a couple of other stand up motors. But I was wondering if laydown motors would have the advantage over standup motors in a 5 minute race. Since runtime would no longer be an issue, I think laydown motors would have an advantage in an outdoor track with a 40 meter straight and medium infield. What do you you think? I have yet to tune a standup motor that goes faster than a laydown motor in a 5 minute main, but thats just me. I may be wrong. Thanks.

JJ
I have been playing around with the LR`s as of late and there is a slight advantage.. on a large layout like you listed above.. but if you are not a fan of the drag brake that is caused by the laydown brushed 23T motors then I would stick with the standups
BTW Yokomo has just released 4 new 23T stockers
FST
FSR
FLT
FLR

basicaly they have changes the core size on the torque blacks from 3mm to 3.5mm and they have added a fan to the arm poles similar to the New Kawada motors and FLAP motors..
I`ll be picking the new ones up tommorow
-Dave
Old 03-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jedi
Hi Dave!

JJ
Hi Dave,
Have just purchased T-Max ST 23T? What is ur recommended gearing on above track mentioned by jedi? Have tried the LT and like it with 5.57 final drive on my TC4. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Dave,

What are you gearing your LRs at on what size track? Any other tips on this motor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JJ
Old 03-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
Dave,

What are you gearing your LRs at on what size track? Any other tips on this motor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JJ
Am gearing it at 6.4 with our current track lay-out.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya Dynarun Super Touring Motor

JDM,

I just got a Tamiya Dynarun Super Touring Motor to use in the Modified class race. Do you know how many turns this motor has? The manual does not specify any information about the number of turns...... Also, is this motor the TORQUE type or the RPM type? What Final Drive Ratio should I start with? The track that I run my car on is a bit technical, with some twisting turns and a straightaway about 35 meters long... I would really appreciate info on this matter....
Old 03-31-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nella-Nobrob
Hi Dave,
Have just purchased T-Max ST 23T? What is ur recommended gearing on above track mentioned by jedi? Have tried the LT and like it with 5.57 final drive on my TC4. Thanks.
With the ST try 5.5 to start and if your still getting plenty of pick up before the end of the straight, try 5.4
-Dave
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Tamiya Dynarun Super Touring Motor

Originally posted by the flash
JDM,

I just got a Tamiya Dynarun Super Touring Motor to use in the Modified class race. Do you know how many turns this motor has? The manual does not specify any information about the number of turns...... Also, is this motor the TORQUE type or the RPM type? What Final Drive Ratio should I start with? The track that I run my car on is a bit technical, with some twisting turns and a straightaway about 35 meters long... I would really appreciate info on this matter....
I'm not to up to speed on this motor ... but let me see what I can find out for you
-Dave
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Nella-Nobrob
Am gearing it at 6.4 with our current track lay-out.
6.3~6.5 for the LR's
Old 03-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
With the ST try 5.5 to start and if your still getting plenty of pick up before the end of the straight, try 5.4
-Dave
Hi Dave,
Thanks. U got it right. I find it better running 5.47 compared to 5.56 and 5.39 with my TC4.
Rgds.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Dave! Have you got a chance to play with the new Yokomo 23t stockers? I have an FLT and have been gearing it at 5.48 at our track with a 36 meter straight. I feel that I could still go to a taller gearing like 5.40 or even 5.3. What do you think? We are having our biggest race of the year this Sunday and I want to use this motor. But as of now, my T-maxx LR and Katana SL are still faster. Any tuning tips on the FLT would be greatly appreciated. I am currently using the Katana brush with stock motor spring bent to give more tension, the positive side slightly harder. Thanks.

Jayjay
Old 04-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

alright, I raced this weekend with a yokomo 23T ST motor and even with it geared at 5.0 on a fairly large track I was still getting motored down the straight. I did however find out that my brush hoods were pretty far off, the tops of my brushes were contacting way before the bottom. It did pick up some RPM after that but I was curious as to what brush and spring combo's people are running. I ran the stock quasars with a purple/red spring combo.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

23t motors dont like quasar brushes. They prefer high silver brushes like the Atlas sprint brush and theOrion katana brush. Since the ST is a stand-up, any high silver stand-up brush would work.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Matt Howard
alright, I raced this weekend with a yokomo 23T ST motor and even with it geared at 5.0 on a fairly large track I was still getting motored down the straight. I did however find out that my brush hoods were pretty far off, the tops of my brushes were contacting way before the bottom. It did pick up some RPM after that but I was curious as to what brush and spring combo's people are running. I ran the stock quasars with a purple/red spring combo.
Hi Matt..

DO your self a favor and stick with the stock springs...on the brushes.. try to get a set of the SP Silver Atlas ones.. they really will make the motor wake up... and if you really want some power out of that motor.. PM me.. I have a few things that might be of help to you

-Dave
Old 05-12-2005, 06:45 AM
tornado

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.