Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do We Need a Pan Car Trans Am Series?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Well it's mostly my fault as a 1/12th and survey noob. I didn't realize the VTA TA interaction.

If you would like me to make a survey that actually answers questions you have just email me atjeffdotdoyleatgmaildotcom.

You can make your own survey for free at http://surveymonkey.com

=)

Last edited by boscoj; 05-09-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRob40
I think this would be a great idea, especially if set up to allow people to dust off their old pan cars.

My primary issue with the current VTA regime is that with the way they have it set up now it's nothing more than another touring car series - and isn't there enough of them already - but with severe restrictions on battery, motor, and tire/wheel choice (especially so that a bunch of the guys are having trouble getting tires because they only allow one brand, they control the market and availability). Sure some guys contine to rant on about how their old this or that TC is competitive with the field; but what field? One at a club race? I'm quite sure that when things shake out long enough only current, or up-to-date, high-end TC will control the top of the field. And from what I saw from the "big race" all the fast cars were new models.

If you're going to make it vintage - make it vintage (old style bodies AND old cars). Othewise don't close your mind to a little creativity that can do nothing but get more people involved in RC racing - and maybe do so on a budget.

And then the VTA originator has the nerve to come into this thread and suggest that by starting this idea up that it's going to rob from his fields.
And I wonder, just who's doing the field robbing - someone trying to start a TA-PC class (something that's intended to build upon a currently non-existent class of car) or someone that's truely robbing from the current TC classes and fields? And then, on top of that, people had been doing all sorts of classes all over the country using old-school TA bodies and old pan cars for years - it's not like he invented the idea - but he acts as if his way is the only way. Pu-lease.
Every successful venture has critics.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by robk
Every successful venture has critics.
ROF .....come back and check with me in a year or so before you start with the whole "successful" song and dance..... LMAO
Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Already successful. Just letting you know you are wrong about us.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by robk
Already successful. Just letting you know you are wrong about us.
LOL, okay you go with that, but realistically that's yet to be determined............

..........just check back in a couple of years, seems way premature to do any bragging.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok children...VTA has a good thing going right now and I want to see it be successful. World GT has a chance to do very well as well and I dont see why you cant have both at some tracks and I would love to see WGT end up a national class and seeing VTA and WGT together. In the meanwhile why not take your personal issues to personal messages instead of airing them out here.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Suspended

I'm in. I just don't know why some of you guys can get along. There's plenty of track enough for everybody. Racing is good. No racing is bad. Seems to me that all of you need each other.