Wiki Posts
Search

Banana Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Banana Plugs

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Deans Banana Plugs will fit in my intellipeak ac/dc deluxe with LCD is the one I have.I want to get some Banana Plugs for my charge lead meaning the wires that go into the charger,Iwant to get something like the Deans type because the spring metal part does not compress like the hobbico ones.I tried going to my electronics store and all the ones they had were to big and would not fit.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Ask your shop, the balancing port on the Orion and TrakPower lipos use a smaller plug than the standard bannana type. And I think some of the small fly models may use them too. I know when I ask for plugs they immediately ask me what size.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Does the Intellipeak AC/DC have banana sockets on it?

I thought Duratrax used a bare wire type connection on this charger.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Tech Champion

I think you're right, which is why the standard plugs don't fit. But maybe something smaller will. Maybe not.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Super_Roo You are right the intellipeak has bare wire connectors,but I have had other chargers in the past and they were a pain the wire works it's way out if you put solder on them and the spring loaded connectors cut the wire if you leave it bare and the nice thing I was told about a higher quality type banana plug is they do not compress like the hobbico ones tend to do and the deans style of banana plug holds better and does not work it's way out.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Not sure that small plugs would work all that much better. Maybe ya could build up a ball of solder on the end of the wire?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I've got it all fingered out guys I'm going to make my own.I'm going to get some K&S solid Brass rod available from most hobby shop's.What I'm going to is use a drill bit and find the largest one that will fit in and then order a Solid Brass Rod 2 size's smaller than the drill bit and order 1 brass tube that will slide over the Solid brass Rod,then I'm going to cut a small piece off the tube so I will have a ring and solder the ring on to the Brass rod,and at the same time solder the Brass rod on to my charge lead to make a make shift Banana plug.The Idea is that the ring will stop the charge lead from being pulled out and the Brass rod will not get cut like the wires do over time.The main reason for doing this is so the wires will not get pulled out.I will be shrink tubing any metal area's that may touch each other.