Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XXX clicking in the rear end ??????? HELP >

XXX clicking in the rear end ??????? HELP

XXX clicking in the rear end ??????? HELP

Old 07-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry XXX clicking in the rear end ??????? HELP

ok well i recently got a losi XXX and i was doing a few jumps landed onthe back end a few times pretty hard i looked it over noothing looked broken kept driving then about 5 minutes later the motor got nocked loose so itake it back and i cant get the mesh on the gears right if it was my life on the line here and i can always get gear mesh right first try it cant figure it out i dot know much about a XXX series but i know on the XXt the motor plate can bend pretty easy i am wonde3rin if i did that to this but i look at it and it looks stait so any help here would be greatly apreciated the LHS couldnt even figure out what was wrong they said to fix it replace the whole clutch top shaft and motor plate i was like WTF forget it u just want money
Old 07-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

take the motor out and spin the topshaft.do you hear clicking? if so it's in the tranny and probably your topshaft.if not then take your motor plate off and lay it on a flat surface. does it lay flat? if not,get a new motor plate and your problem should be solved. i would recommend the trinity motor plate if you need a new one as they are thicker and it takes A LOT to bend them. good luck!!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

ok i did what u said and i have the trinity plate it is bent but we bent it back and it still clicks did i make a mistake bending it back or could it be something i didnt see inside the engine cuz it only does it when the wheels turn backwards fowards is all good
Old 07-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Does the drivetrain bind up when it clicks? Try putting one tire on the table, hold spur with one hand, then with other hand spin other tire back and forth lightly. If that's the noise you're hearing then it's ok and just the pin on the ball part of the dogbone hitting the outdrive slots. If your outdrives and dogbones are worn badly that might be what you are hearing as long that there is no dirt in any of your gears and they are not stripped out. Also can hold car off ground and compress both arms so that the dogbones are level, then spin drive train. If you don't hear the sound then that means you are OK also and just means there is a little slop in the universal pivot in the rear axles from wear and tear.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Team Losi 4 Life, you make me ashamed to be a Losi guy. You seem incapable to punctuate and/or spell. I suspect your car is built as well as your post.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

WOW! Although his spelling does leave a little to be desired, I think you might have been a little harsh on the guy. After all he's just asking for help, it's not like he's on here starting trouble.