Search
Like Tree1Likes

ORRCA QLD Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Any chance of having the Last Minutes Posted????[/QUOTE]

Apparently not, Shane!

The club listing has finally been updated, and hopefully all the info is up to date, but it’s still looking a bit smelly. The reason for not letting anyone know until now who the clubs are, wouldn’t be so John Hansen's team could get their proxies before the challengers could, would it? Does corporation’s laws allow this? I intend to find out about the laws today or Monday and advise here, so ORRCA can fix any irregularities, and the voting can go on without challenges.

To put this right,all proxies must be made void, and new proxies called for in couple of days time, when the challengers have had a chance to contact the clubs for proxies.

Cheers - Stonemotherless
Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stonemotherless
Any chance of having the Last Minutes Posted????

The club listing has finally been updated, and hopefully all the info is up to date,
Cheers - Stonemotherless[/QUOTE]

Sorry my mistake, one club has been added to the club list, but the rest of the info has apparently not been checked and fixed.

Cheers - Stonemotherless
Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The club listing on the web site is as up to date as the clubs let it, if clubs don't send there up dated contact details it's impossible to know until we send them an email.
If an email gets returned undelivered, I try to contact the club by other means to get the right details.

Notice to all Orrca clubs please check your details on our web site and let me know your new details if it has changed.

Minutes will be up shortly, sorry for the delay.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

As I said before, and with all due respect,why do we have to have a proxy system. Can the AGM not be conducted by using a Phone Conferance link or a Computer Forum link like this one. A laptop could be installed at the AGM with a broadband link without to much trouble, and communicated to the rest of the people present by an individual who's job it is to do so.
Technology is now up to the task.

Graham Lloyd-Jones
President SCRCCC
Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

To put this right,all proxies must be made void, and new proxies called for in couple of days time, when the challengers have had a chance to contact the clubs for proxies.

Cheers - Stonemotherless[/QUOTE]

Do proxies automatically carry over from one year to the next or do they have to be renewed every year, could somebody help me with this please as I dont know.

Graham
Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It would be quite easy to setup a text -based Internet Relay chat.

It's like the forums, but the text appears on the screen as soon as it is typed (like a chat program)
Old 03-28-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Proxy votes are new for each AGM, I would ask all clubs not attending the AGM to wait with there proxy votes until the list of candidates is published 7 days prior to the AGM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by john h
Proxy votes are new for each AGM, I would ask all clubs not attending the AGM to wait with there proxy votes until the list of candidates is published 7 days prior to the AGM.
Thank You for that John

Graham
Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

AARCMCC/Orrca discussion so far.
I rang Chris Peet (Electric Section Head) Saturday before Easter, we talked about the need for discussion, Chris said he would talk to Peter Ellis (boss man)
Yesterday I emailed Peter Ellis with some questions and some ideas, I don't want to post this email on a public forum, but I sent a copy to all the member clubs.
All correspondence will be sent to member clubs and clubs have been asked to send there questions to me to forward to AARCMCC.
I don't think a resolution will be tomorrow and the member clubs should make the final decision on the future of ORRCA.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

So correct me if I am wrong, the member clubs members can nominate someone to run for one or all positions as long as those people accept those spots. Then the candidates names will be posted 7 days before the AGM, and then a representative of each club will give their clubs proxy vote to a posted candidate before the AGM to be counted on the day of the AGM.

I know that explanation sounds confusing but I assume thats how it will work, it also sounds fair if the proxies can be allocated like that before the AGM.

Graham
Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

The idea of a proxy is to vote on there behalf so you are correct with your explanation.
The proxy should vote as directed by the member club, I see nothing wrong with a proxy contacting the member club during the AGM and getting advise on how they should vote on a candidate or resolution.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

The idea of a proxy is to vote on there behalf so you are correct with your explanation.
The proxy should vote as directed by the member club, I see nothing wrong with a proxy contacting the member club during the AGM and getting advise on how they should vote on a candidate or resolution.
Well done John, this will fix all the matters with the proxy voting, and also most of the questions which came up when I was getting advice about the laws concerning this. One issue that came up however; the treasurer must be able to produce confirmation of payment of current fees from all clubs that are voting members. Apparently there can only be 15 votes and proxies if 15 confirmations of payment can be produced. Could you contact Vanessa Weir about this, and make sure that they are handy at the AGM, John?

Also; if you could now only post the minutes.

Cheers – Stonemotherless.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Rookie

The club listing on the web site is as up to date as the clubs let it, if clubs don't send there up dated contact details it's impossible to know until we send them an email.
If an email gets returned undelivered, I try to contact the club by other means to get the right details.

Notice to all Orrca clubs please check your details on our web site and let me know your new details if it has changed.

Some updates to club listings:

Taken from Racing lines:

Rockhampton Radio Controlled Car Club: cq_rrccc@hotmail

Taken from club websites:

Townsville Model Off Road Club: [email protected]

The president of Logan club is Martin Nicholls, but Johnny Hyde can also be contacted

The president of Sunshine Coast club is Graham Lloyd-Jones, but Kathy Seib can also be contacted

John; could you please check that the clubs on ORRCA’s club listing are all still with ORRCA, and that there are no other clubs that should be listed like the late listing of FNQ Radio Controlled Car Association?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Coral Coast R/C Car Club (Bundaberg) contact details have changed as well

Secretary - Barbara McAuley - 0741574343
President - Ian Madden - 0427589650

Website - www.ccrccc.org
Old 03-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It seems to be impossible to get the minutes posted, and you start to wonder why? John asked for someone to fill the temporary position for a secretary, but then rejected the volunteer, and decided to do the job himself. I would think that you have an obligation to actually do the job, if you take it on like that on your own. There couldn’t have been any illusions of the mess that was left by the resignation. Are there matters that are sensitive or embarrassing in the minutes, that prove to be very hard to edited out, and is that why John doesn’t want someone to fix the mess?

Kindest regards,
Lars

Last edited by Chickentrader; 03-30-2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Wife's log on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.