Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

keep doing what your doin dont let anyone change you mind about building the track i will be there whatever kind of track or tracks you build we need someone to step up and give us a world class facility
Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Right now 1/8th scale gas RC (buggy) is the most popular RC class in the WORLD. for a reason. The cars are quite forgiving to drive v.s. 1/10th scale, and dont break as easily. A 1/10th scale driver is going to spend A LOT less on average per year in your RC facility. If you need to make the big bucks, you need to cater to the big crowd. As I agree ARC will be incredibly great and close, I am optomistic that a very large 1/8th scale "scene" can exist in both SD and Temecula.

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last edited by POUNDITRACING; 03-06-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marzac2
The cars are quite forgiving to drive v.s. 1/10th scale, and dont break as easily. A 1/10th scale driver is going to spend A LOT less on average per year in your RC facility. If you need to make the big bucks, you need to cater to the big crowd.
I dont really totally agree with this. Start up costs for nitro and electric are pretty even if you are going to RACE. I'd venture to say that average yearly costs are pretty equal when all is said and done too. Costs of both classes can spiral out of control easily, and they can be kept in check easily as well. And yes I ran nitro for a while (just cant stand the mess/cleanup).

Now, he's talking about having 1/10 On-road AND off-road. Not just off-road. So you're talking about a bigger spread of racers (other than just 1/8 nitro) with money to spend. Thats twice as many opportunities to have bigger races that can attract crowds as well. Then theres the hassle of seperating practice days up for nitro and electric. I can guarantee that business will be lost if nitro and electric are run together indoors. And thats if he can even actually get permitted to have nitro indoors. Nitro fumes are bad enough outdoors, they will be horrible indoors (I still dont think fans are enough) Oh, and theres having opened bottles of fuel during racing at indoor facility.....fire marshalls would have a field day with that. And what are the guys that like to smoke while refueling cars going to do (and why are they dumb enough to do that?) ? They cant smoke indoors, so they'll have to take breaks outside.

Thats my .02 take it for whats its worth, cause I dont know anything.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I didn't point any fingers at anyone you f...king retards. Read my post again and tell me where I said FHR sucks, there pits suck, there track sucks, there driver stand sucks. I implied that it would be nice to have a track with nice pits and drivers stand. I never said anything about FHR except that he shouldn't be worried about them as a competitor, its life, deal with it.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nicker619
Rev,

We need a NICE track in san diego as we don't have one. Business is business don't worry about who you steal from FHR, thats life. If your already worried about hurting your competitors you have the wrong mind set. we need a nice track with a nice driver stand and pits.

Hmmm, you pretty much said that FHR sucks without actually saying it. You said that we dont have a nice track in SD. Which to me, means you think FHR isnt a nice track.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Insert foot here.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nicker619
I didn't point any fingers at anyone you f...king retards. Read my post again and tell me where I said FHR sucks, there pits suck, there track sucks, there driver stand sucks. I implied that it would be nice to have a track with nice pits and drivers stand. I never said anything about FHR except that he shouldn't be worried about them as a competitor, its life, deal with it.

Again, this implies that FHR's pits and drivers stand sucks...... You want a track with nice pits and a nice drivers stand, which means you dont like what they have and think that theirs sucks.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that calling us F***ING retards was pretty unecessary
Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Insert foot here.

Hi Ray!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't seen the org. poster on this thread for awhile. I was just wondering how everything is going. If he got the keys? If he did, can he post some pic's of how everything is going?

just some .02 cents
Old 03-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

I was actually thinking the same thing Martin....he said he was supposed to get the keys on the 15th, soooooooo. We'll see. Maybe he's getting scared with all this "talk" going on.....worried that he'll make the wrong choice? Hope not. SD could use more racing opportunities to utilize.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default don't mind the haters

Hey RevDupraRaceway- Don't mind the haters, this would be nice for SD, all the negativity will go out the door once the first race starts. I've been wanting something like this to come to SD, kind of like the track that was in Huntington Beach. Props to You.

I'm a freelance graphic designer, if you ever need any help let me know. Ad's, flyers, Logo's, t-shirt, etc...

Best of Luck to you.

Huffpie

p.s. all you haters keep you comments to yourself. This would be another choice for SD racers to race at.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry for the delay in posting i was out of town for a few days on family issues ... took some pictures of the space and they will be posted later in the day... i am working with an indavidual on the forums here who has brought me alot of insite that will help the track be a bit more successful.

first notion is that the space has ample room for 10 scale on-road and off-road... but in order to run an 8th scale i need to use he entire building...with that being said my main focus has changed.

we will be catering to the 10th and 18th scale crowd ut i will not alienate the 8th guys and gals if you want to come out and practice to prep for a race so be it and if there are enough of yo that are willing to race on a smaller track then we will hold dedicated races for the class .... as for now the offer is still up in the air and i look to have the keys by the 15th of march. open date may be delayed because of the asphalt that needs to be layed but as for now im right on schedule.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Good to hear RevDup!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I think that you made the right decision by sticking with 1/10 electric offroad and onroad.

You are making the track a lot more marketable by offering a wider array of racing options.

Any plans for a on-site hobby shop?

Cant wait!

Chirag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.