Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Yeah for the onroad i would prefer asphault, thats whats big here and thats what everyone runs. It would be cool too if the off road track was good for 10th scales. It kinda seems like you get one or the other as far as scales go with off road. I think it would be cool if it were a blue groove track. Im not exactly sure how thats done (has to do with clay in the soil or something) - but i think thats the best bet as far as being good for all scales - stays smooth i would assume.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whoa! This is my first time seeing this thread...count me in! It would be awesome to do both on-road and off-road. For the on-road track surface, i would say go with flat asphalt with no islands (like the green islands at tamiya). THEN when ever there's a big carpet racing come up, like the IIC, or next week's ROAR Nats in Omaha ill be covering...racers from SD, OC, LA and anywhere else can come practice at this track by simply rolling the carpet over the asphalt. It could then be dual asphalt/or convert to carpet track. Just an idea...what does everyone else think?? Tweb already has the carpet/barriers...its ready to rock!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelNavarro
Whoa! This is my first time seeing this thread...count me in! It would be awesome to do both on-road and off-road. For the on-road track surface, i would say go with flat asphalt with no islands (like the green islands at tamiya). THEN when ever there's a big carpet racing come up, like the IIC, or next week's ROAR Nats in Omaha ill be covering...racers from SD, OC, LA and anywhere else can come practice at this track by simply rolling the carpet over the asphalt. It could then be dual asphalt/or convert to carpet track. Just an idea...what does everyone else think?? Tweb already has the carpet/barriers...its ready to rock!

That would be a great idea. Asphalt AND Carpet.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default New Track

This is what everyone should be doing! ! !

Support anyone who is going to make a place for you to race.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

This track sounds and looks awesome. Indoor offroad and onroad!! Finally get to blow the dust off my TC5 Kinda interested to see how 18th scales will run on a 8th scale track though. Best of luck with everything. Definitely gonna check it out once the doors open.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Well its not really an 1/8th scale track anymore if it is cut in half like that.

What size was the track in that video link? How wide were the lanes? The surface looks pretty good, but its hard to tell. What tires were they running on that surface?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Well its not really an 1/8th scale track anymore if it is cut in half like that.

What size was the track in that video link? How wide were the lanes? The surface looks pretty good, but its hard to tell. What tires were they running on that surface?
Yeah it will def be tricky to do it all... gonna take some long term brainstorming to get it all right.

1/8th scale does look fun on that vid though.... although slow
Old 03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 03-03-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Message well taken

I did not intend to P(*% any one off but I did want the BS bashing to stop. I have to agree with Steve. I don't think there should be so much negative B.S. when they should 100 % supportive.
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying jump the FHR ship. Noone did it when Lil john started on road. So don't slam the door before you see what is inside the store.

P.S. Joel that is great Idea. Asphalt and then trough carpet at big races or once a month?

Also You need to decide 1/8 w/ 1/10. But that will probably take up to much room to have two tracks.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Special"ED"
I did not intend to P(*% any one off but I did want the BS bashing to stop
Good luck.

Neither did I......thank you Ed. I miss you buddy!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

kudos ed and nc-hoping.i agree stop the slammin,didn't your momma ever say to you if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut!thank you .to my new hero revdup that for going on road now i am more ready then every.billy ho and fhr you rule.now we will have 2 places to race off road,for some of you nay sayers with closed minds sounds like you will only have 1.sorry
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well after reading the whole thread today and hearing everything for the past 2 weeks I have some questions. Now a 50Ft width sounds great but is that including the drivers stand. The layout that was posted origonally loost great but the infield really would never look like that. I've tried to do things like that and eather it dosen't fit or it is really strange to drive on.

You really have to decide what class you are going to offer. It will compleatly change everything. Form my own opinion whitch is super competitive and on the virge of crazy I really don't want to drive a 1/10 scale on a "1/8 scale track". I don't want a race to be decided by me hitting a strange rut. I would rather loose by sucking.

The onroad thing sounds great but There are currently tracks trying to offer both carpet and asphalt and are loosing customers. You really have to decide.

Please don't be upset about my post but it seems like it's time to decide so you can get on with the show. I'm no expert but I preaty much hear everything about anything because I race locally and in LA. If you have any questions please send me a PM. I hope everything works out. Will there be a day that I can get a walk through of the building? I would really love to see what you have going on.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martin salgado
I dont want to sound like I am throwing rocks. But Pics of the future site would be a little nice. I mean I have heard this story countless times over of people saying the same. I have been in R/C for over 20yrs now.

Dont get me wrong... if you build they will come and like Steve said racing 4-5 nights a week! I remember racing with my pops in the golden day of r/c here. That would be awesome to do it again.
i remember those days.. ahhh... the old discount hobbies indoor track, racing with marty, his dad john, nick, mark the hammer, jay, mike scube, mike lee, roy powell, erik solderquist. man o man.. the old ntc offroad track. good times..
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by magilla66
i remember those days.. ahhh... the old discount hobbies indoor track, racing with marty, his dad john, nick, mark the hammer, jay, mike scube, mike lee, roy powell, erik solderquist. man o man.. the old ntc offroad track. good times..

I remember those days as well! I ran the NTC track several times, I also ran at the Discount Hobbies off road track that was out back (I still have a race team jacket) I still talk to Mark the Hammer once in a while, I ran for Erik Soderquist's Extreme Motors.......those were the days. Between LA and SD you could race 6 days a week, and that was just offroad!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

This is awesome news! I had a big smile on my face when I read this thread! I definitely want to see this track have their grand opening and succeed for many years to come.

I just moved to Portland, OR from SD and am planning to come back to SD this year sometime. After I moved, I bought 2 electric onroad cars (1/10 touring car and 1/12 pan car) and built a prototype 1/10 electric truck (based off the X6). At the offroad track in Portland they have gas and electric. They have different race days but have open practice days where both can race. I refuse to go to the track when the gas guys are running. The noise and the smell drives me crazy.

I agree that you have to decide on your preferred style of racing to cater to. I think that 1/18 and 1/10 electric would be best.. Off-road clay/blue groove and on-road asphalt would be fantastic.

Just my 2 cents!

You have my 110% support for this endeavor that you are taking on. I cant wait for this to become a reality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.