Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!? >

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that looks like the orion to me, which will fit a mini...check the specs...

Last edited by TeamB&B; 03-09-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Considering a distributer buys them in big volume and lays out a bunch of money for that. Then they need to advertise which is extremely expensive(magazine adds can range from $500-$2000 a month) and then package the product if its not done already. Now they need to discount for the hobby stores at usually 50% off retail. How much do you really think they make off of them after all of this? Pretty soon we will all see that it is not worth the agrivation to import from overseas. This will be a good day.
I dont disagree. But the world is changing. It will be interesting if people would give up on Marketing and Support to get products cheaper and direct. I suspect they will.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The problem is that you need to market the product to sell it. The companies can use internet forums to do this but sales will be cut drasticly. I know because this is how i need to operate. My costs are too high for me to advertise in the magazines. If i had to advertise in the magazines my cars and parts would cost much more. This does put a big damper on my sales but i chose this route. I wanted to keep the volume under control so i could keep up with my everyday business. Alot of these RC companies do only RC and need to advertise in order to stay in business.

I cant say anything for profit margins of other companies because it is not my place. I just feel That when any company decides to sell to distributers, they need to keep it that way unless they will keep the prices in line. The prices they are selling these chinese packs for are the same prices i am offered to carry them. Why would any company invest money when the product is being sold to the public at the same price. There is usually minimum orders for distributors. The public dont need to meet a minimum.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The hardshell enclosure is the same one used on the Core 3250 & RCM 3300 but the cells inside may be different. Physically they should fit a wide range of chassis very easily.

Mark
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't just go hating the chinese.. Because the internet means people can find out where things really come from and try and by pass the middle man.

Most toys have been made in china since I was a kid but you always had a few layers of middle men/paper pushers taking the bigest % of profit.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

i love china and i support everything they make. Unfortunately with these packs it would be hard to strap them into a sedan with battery tape because of where the wires are coming out!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Lord

I wont even try to help you understand the problem. You are completely missing the point. You will understand when it hits your end.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The thing about inexpensive LiPo packs is what cells you're getting. There are some really cheap, scary cells out there.
and that's how lipo got a bad reputation to begin with.

cheap nimh packs just suck, cheap lipo packs can do some damage.

<- owns strictly orion lipo products.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The thing about inexpensive LiPo packs is what cells you're getting. There are some really cheap, scary cells out there.
I think this is true about expensive packs too. Someone is going to pass off poor quality cells for going retail. So I dont think the cost has as much to do with it as the quality. The cheap price though is definately a red flag.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by or8ital
I think this is true about expensive packs too. Someone is going to pass off poor quality cells for going retail. So I dont think the cost has as much to do with it as the quality. The cheap price though is definately a red flag.
It may be a red flag to you, but if you think about the large markups involved in getting those pricey $100 packs to your door the direct distribution from Hong Kong could be saving you on everything but the shipping which you would pay anyways if shipped CONUS.

I would also like to add that the technology in all lithium batteries are increasing very fast, so these cells could be of better quality than what was out last year. Remember, it used to be 10 and 15C cells now 20 and 25C cells are standard.

For $35 I will pick up two and run those as my basher/ 1st heat pack in off-road and parking lot.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trailranger
It may be a red flag to you, but if you think about the large markups involved in getting those pricey $100 packs to your door the direct distribution from Hong Kong could be saving you on everything but the shipping which you would pay anyways if shipped CONUS.

I would also like to add that the technology in all lithium batteries are increasing very fast, so these cells could be of better quality than what was out last year. Remember, it used to be 10 and 15C cells now 20 and 25C cells are standard.

For $35 I will pick up two and run those as my basher/ 1st heat pack in off-road and parking lot.
So you agree, its quality not price that determines how good a pack is.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

<=== happily been avoiding all things chinese for a while now.. it's hard, but till they learn what the "fair" part of fair trade is, i'll pass..
Old 02-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tallyrc
<=== happily been avoiding all things chinese for a while now.. it's hard, but till they learn what the "fair" part of fair trade is, i'll pass..
Old 02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Unhappy

That just shows you how much we are getting screwed! $$$$$$$$
Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I wont even try to help you understand the problem. You are completely missing the point. You will understand when it hits your end.
its quite clear what the point is, you already made sure of it. I was simply saying that the pack wouldn't work in a sedan was all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.