Losi XX4

Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi XX4

Hello there. I live in the Netherlands so there are not many people around that know a lot about Losi or Associated. So i've got a question about my Losi XX4 (and you guys in America know a lot about these great cars!!).
I bought my Losi XX-4 when it was just released by Losi (a local hobby shop just ordered it for me beacause i wanted to have the car).
So i think my XX4 should be around 10 years old.
I want to start using it after at least 6 years of not using the car it but there are some things broken (the belts are bad and the left front wishbone is broken). The diffs are very good (no scratches on the diff rings)
I looked at www.losipartshouse.com and the parts that are missing/broken will cost me 31 dollar including shipping it to the Netherlands. So not very expensive (a new car will cost a lot more)
I also want to buy a Brushless set ( i now have a Novak Racer EX ESC with a Trintity D3.5 12x2 motor).

The question is, is the car strong enough to deal with the brushless motor power (i want a Castle creations Mamba Maxx with a 7700 motor) because it's already 10 years old?? I also had some problems with heating up my D3.5 and ESC, so how can i solve that (there's not much airflow under the body and also little room for a fan)??

Maybe the answers for these questions are for you very simple but it's difficult here to find people who know a lot of the stuff!!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nils
Netherlands
Old 02-24-2008, 04:49 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

The car will handle any amount of power you throw at it. I know there isn't much room for a speedo in the car so if you don't already have one you may want to try the new Tekin R1pro. I saw one yest. and it is small like a LRP quantum series.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I run a Castle Creations 7700 in mine. It handles it just fine. Actually I wish I had more torque.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

It is still a very good and capable car
I have been running it for a few months and it is nice and stable especially in 1/8 scale track we race, parts are available too from Losipartshouse
Attached Thumbnails Losi XX4-rc-0011.jpg  
Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Mamba Max fit great in this car, I ran my 4600 in there for a while.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Min I had a trick custom rear shock tower. I had a BK2 tower mounted to the lower XX4 bracket. the stockk one is on left.