pro3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Installing an Upper Deck

Originally posted by popsracer
Thad Garner;

What would I expect to see from my Pro-3 by installing the HPI upper Deck.

What changes if any, should I make to the set-up. I'm running in Stock Class and using a front One-way.

Thanks,
A major improvement in handling and faster cornering speed!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

the biggest change I saw with an upper deck is that the car responds more to changes in set up. Before installing an upper deck I would have to drastically change things to feel a change in the car, ie 2 to 3 steps in spring rates. Now with an upper deck I can feel very minor changes in my setup.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by newracer
the biggest change I saw with an upper deck is that the car responds more to changes in set up. Before installing an upper deck I would have to drastically change things to feel a change in the car, ie 2 to 3 steps in spring rates. Now with an upper deck I can feel very minor changes in my setup.
ditto..
Old 12-12-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Pro-3 upper deck

Thanks guys.

I already have the HPI upper deck, but it is not installed on my Car. I test fitted it and couldn't get the batteries in & out without removing the front mounting screws and lifting the deck out of the way. Since I race two classes at the track and have to get my Sons car ready also. There just isn't enough time to hassle with the interference problem. Once I get another ESC, (smaller) I will move everything farther back and out of the way and reinstall the upper deck on the car.
I'm getting close to my goals with this Car (top 3 in Stock Sedan) and I thank you all for your help.

Last edited by popsracer; 12-12-2002 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

popracer..

are you using stick packs or sidexside configuration.
if you're running with sidexside packs...change the center battery bar to a piece of flex wire. that way you can bend the battery into position.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Battery pack config.

Rc-Zombies;

I'm running side x side. I never liked the saddle pack config.in my Pro-2. But a good idea anyways. My ESC (Tekin G-9) works fine so it's hard to find an excuse to spend $180 on another one. Plus I just spent almost $800 on a Motor Dyno. Maybe sometime after the first of the year.

Thanks,
Old 12-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default battery pack on pro3

Originally posted by rc-zombies
popracer..

are you using stick packs or sidexside configuration.
if you're running with sidexside packs...change the center battery bar to a piece of flex wire. that way you can bend the battery into position.
Question: I am using quantum comp and phaser. If I mount these on an HB chassis, will the pack fit through the belts without using a wire? I currently have the Kai chasiss and i do remove the upperdeck to fit the battery.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Upper Decks and Batteries

Guys;

I REALLY don't like the Idea of disturbing the upper deck to change batteries and I usually don't have enough time at the Track between races to put the Car on the Tweek station (Integy Laser Tweek Station) everytime.
I go to GREAT lengths to make sure my Chassis are not tweeked. My shock lengths are within .0005 from side to side on all of my cars. You might call me a perfectionist, but these little things can make the difference between finishing 1st in the "A" Main or 5th in the "B" Main.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: battery pack on pro3

Originally posted by purplepro3
Question: I am using quantum comp and phaser. If I mount these on an HB chassis, will the pack fit through the belts without using a wire? I currently have the Kai chasiss and i do remove the upperdeck to fit the battery.
At one point I did have the Kai chassis, Quantum Comp, and Phaser mounted...Batteries should fit the the belts just fine as long as the electronics are as far back as posible.

Suggestion... instead of removing the upperdeck to install you packs... just remove the forward screw on the electronics side pod and just swing it to one side. that way you only remove 1 screw instead of 4 to 8 screw..

got you PM...I tried to repl but your mailbox is full...
Old 12-12-2002, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

car too slow help!!!

there seems to be something wrong with my pro3....when i put it on the ground it would run REALLY slow...i noticed that when i picked it up and pulled on the throttle...the rear belt would be spinning normally but the main belt would be like barely moving can any1 please help me ??

p.s. my pro3 runs on a mvp pro, novak explorer II, hb uppdeck, and everything else stock
Old 12-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

pLasTiK:
do you have the pin in place inside the main belt pulley? and also the one on the spur gear adapter..
Old 12-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default doh!

doh!! i figured out what it was! how stupid of me...it seemed that the screw that holds in the spur gear wasnt there hehe...now i have another problem...it seems that my rear wheels seem to "lag" a bit and that i have slow acceleration
Old 12-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default Slipping Pro-3

pLastiK;

Check to make sure your diff(s) aren't slipping. Hold the outdrives with your fingers and try and turn the belt pulley. You can also bend a "U" shaped piano wire to hold the outdrives. It should be almost impossible to turn the pulley. Go back and RE-read the instructions. You may have simply overlooked something.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont know if there's something terrible about this idea but u guys dont even mention it.So why dont u mount the electronics on the upperdeck?that way if ur using some carbon fibre chassis u dont need the wing thing on the side.for me , i just tot it would look cool on my composite chassis.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lee82gx
I dont know if there's something terrible about this idea but u guys dont even mention it.So why dont u mount the electronics on the upperdeck?that way if ur using some carbon fibre chassis u dont need the wing thing on the side.for me , i just tot it would look cool on my composite chassis.
It will affect CG and lateral balance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.