Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

I think HPI still got things going on:d I am buying pro Hara preaty soon. And will win lots of races with it
Old 06-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Usagi - stop being so negative about everything, it's very tiresome.

I think you'll find HPI is making a hell of a lot more money than you'd imagine.

9/10 r/c car kits never find there way to a track, and HPI's models appeal to the beginner, because they look good, and are often pre-built.

The Pro3 was released without enough parts support, and with a notable design flaw (the over-flexy chassis).

I think HPI got their fingers burned, and lost a lot of competition car sales.

Now, one year on, the parts are available to make the pro3 into the car people wanted in the first place, and it's winning races.

If you feel HPI are ripping people off, you don't have to buy the products - and the Hara edition would only be released at the price if HPI thought they could sell it.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by sosidge
Usagi - stop being so negative about everything, it's very tiresome.

I think you'll find HPI is making a hell of a lot more money than you'd imagine.

9/10 r/c car kits never find there way to a track, and HPI's models appeal to the beginner, because they look good, and are often pre-built.

The Pro3 was released without enough parts support, and with a notable design flaw (the over-flexy chassis).

I think HPI got their fingers burned, and lost a lot of competition car sales.

Now, one year on, the parts are available to make the pro3 into the car people wanted in the first place, and it's winning races.

If you feel HPI are ripping people off, you don't have to buy the products - and the Hara edition would only be released at the price if HPI thought they could sell it.

First since I don`t know you, I don`t need to defend my remarks, Second if you don`t like what i say so what, I am not hurting you.
But I am just telling it the way it is, like it or not. Hpi is burning too many ends and not building enought middle. I don`t care about the pro3 stuff, its a died horse now, so let it die.
Winning racing well hpi is sure not making the ioption parts that winning those so-called races. They winning far and inbetween. The Hara edition is not a HPI car its a "HotBodies" . So come on hpi is so far behind its not funny. The Hara edition is a rip-off! 59,000 yen! come on.?@Ok your rich! YOU BUY IT! Let other desided for themselves.

Last edited by Usagi; 06-20-2002 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Smile Hmmmmmmmm. . . . . . . .

I hate my Pro 3 also!!!!!

But now after all the hopups-- and it looks like the HARA edition, i will not part with it!!!!! Even with a tricked out YOKOMO SP!!!!!

The pro3 is a beginners car, not competitive right out of the box but I strived hard to make it at par with the other kits here and I ended up with a pro3 just like the HARA Edition---- to sum it all up, what i have spent is a lot more than 59,000 yen.
(what a waste of money!!!!---but I am HAPPY!!!!)

If only they came up with the HARA Edition earlier then i would have been one of the first person buying it!!!!!!(craving for it)

Coming out with the HARA Edition is some sort of an admission from HPI that the Stock Pro3 could not win-period.

They came out with the Vspec and still the buyers were still not satisfied--- Maybe , just maybe the HARA Edition is the result of the many people clamoring for more and who love HPI Pro3 and still are not satisfied with the VSpec but does not want to change to a different kit.

HPI Pro3 is almost non existent here in Manila, but I am sticking with my Pro3 anytime!!!!

Peace to all MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now. . . . . . . . . . . .

Pls. tell me, where I could buy "driving skills. . . . ?"

hehehehehehehe. . . . . peace!!!!!

Last edited by lem2; 06-20-2002 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Lem, hehhehehe well your the ones with the Ova ball diff right? And your really happy that good. There are alot of burnt out hpi owners, as for me I am sticking to my pro2. I am very happy with it and I never trade it, even for a tamiya 414M2 Special. I wish HPI would go back to the Good O`days like the pro2. I miss them
Old 06-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

lem2: why hate your pro3? we basically have the same car except that i do not have the aluminum knuckles, C-hubs, rear hubcarrier, rear bulkhead. i also do not have the woven graphite shock towers and OVA diff. If it doesn't rain of Saturday, I'll see you at the race
Old 06-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Here's my expirience with pro3.

I own hobbyshop, for the first time pro 3 come out almost all my customer wanted it. I bought about 50 kits and sold about 38 kits, for that I also order the options alot. Next after all the guys assembled the kits almost all hate it. I ordered the all the option for about 25 car. Right now there;s no one, I say no one using that car again, so what do I do with all my spare parts and all the option. No one ever buy anything for HPI products again.
That's no good for bussiness.
I miss car like pro2, back then 80% using HPI, only few space left for other brands.
We had good time and now is disaster.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Build them with options and sell them on ebay.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

I bet most of you guys can't even notice some of the problems they had like flex and other things I mean you can fix that. The yokomo had side to side flex people still race those and love them, I am buy a pro 3 preaty soon I it will be the fastest car out there It was that way with my first one.

LAter,
Drew Roberts
Old 06-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default PP3

Originally posted by purplepro3
lem2: why hate your pro3? we basically have the same car except that i do not have the aluminum knuckles, C-hubs, rear hubcarrier, rear bulkhead. i also do not have the woven graphite shock towers and OVA diff. If it doesn't rain of Saturday, I'll see you at the race
Sir it was just the start of my lenghty comment----

I love it so much that I sleep beside it!!!!!

I hated it when it was right out of the box but now!!! Love it with all my might!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

As a I read a few of the comments I can see all the negativity as well. The car isn't all bad, but it could be made better of course. Why complain I say....you could of spent your money else wear if you have bought one. I have one and it's taking it awhile to get up to par, but I knew this before buying. I can assure that the end result will be a nicely tuned car. It's mostly driving, motor, and battery and I doubt HPI is going out anytime soon.

Last edited by HPI 1; 06-21-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, I seriously doubt HPI is going anywhere anytime soon. Behind Traxxas, HPI is probably the best "sport/hobby" chassis maker out there. Making mostly cars for fun instead of mostly for racing, will tend to keep you in business for a while.

I do think that its kinda odd to release the Hara edition car so late in the cars life cycle. We all know that they are already working on new TC designs, so this seems a bit like trying to ring the last little bit of dough out of the Pro3 that they can. That might not be the way their thinking, but thats the appearance it gives.

Some companies like Yokomo and Schumacher take heat for coming out with too many new chassis too close together. But in this case HPI is taking a little heat for holding on to a current chassis maybe a little too long. Especially considering the problems its had since its creation.

That would be kinda messed up if they sold these Hara cars now, and came out with a whole new car before the end of the season. Now, that would just be wrong! But, HPI doesn't seem like they'd pull something like that.....would they!

Last edited by Darkseid; 06-21-2002 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good observation Darkseid.

People want to knock on a car, but put most of the capable cars in the right hands then it will be competitive. Like the Express car which has been around forever it seems and it can still compete at any level. I doubt the Pro 2 or Pro 3 will die out. Wasn't the Pro 3 Europes touring car of the year. People are still racing the original Yokomo MR4/with hop-ups of course which has been around for quitet some time. If Hara's car was box stock other then the chassis at the NORRCA event then why are people complaining. That proves that its mostly driver and setup.

Last edited by HPI 1; 06-21-2002 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

If Hara's car was box stock other then the chassis at the NORRCA event then why are people complaining. That proves that its mostly driver and setup.

Thats a great point made by hpi1 its all about driver mostly and his orion power
Old 06-21-2002, 02:13 PM
Regional Moderator

come on everybody .....hpi isnt going know where but forward!
this company is getting smacked around for doing something right and being in the spot light.
sure they might have done things a bit wrong in some peoples eyes. but when they put the pro3 out it was to race with a bit of flex in it, if im not mistaken frank spoke about it one time on the hpi forums and said he guessed people werent ready for it
and then they came out with the graphite chassis to remove the flex for the people that where unhappy with the car.

no matter what you buy you will add hop ups of some sort
i dont care what car it is. but the main thing no matter if you had
haras car itself is the driving it takes months to years of practice to become as good as they are !

im very happy with hpi and the pro3's just which they
had the prices down a bit here in the states for parts and etc....
and had a few more hop ups here also.
but thank you shops in hong kong and japan i have enjoyed buying from you .

so all i can say practice ,practice and more practice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.