Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Old 02-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default transponder mounts

pro3racing: great!!! i'll send you an email for my mailing address. thanks again
Old 02-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: transponder mounts

Originally posted by purplepro3
pro3racing: great!!! i'll send you an email for my mailing address. thanks again
i will let you know when they are mailed to you
should be thursday of this week. i mail them to you
and your welcome
Old 02-12-2002, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

To all the guys who are dialled...
I can't seem to dial out the mid-corner understeer I am experiencing with the car. I've tried different springs, camber link locations, different wheelbase spacer combos, different ackerman and still no luck... Any suggestions?
Old 02-12-2002, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Have you tried less caster at the front?

Or possibly a light anti-roll bar at the rear?

And has your damping been in tune with the spring rates? - a "springy" car might "jump" in the corner, making the car feel a bit understeery/oversteery.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know if there is any difference between the hot bodies carbon graphite shock towers and the hpi carbon graphite ones
Old 02-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by spaz456
does anyone know if there is any difference between the hot bodies carbon graphite shock towers and the hpi carbon graphite ones
go with the hpi towers!!! the hb towers you must shorten your shocks in order to get the right height .
the hpi are great they have the stock set up and the hb set up
if you want to use the shorter shocks.
i my self have sold all my hb towers .i use the hpi now.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sosidge
Have you tried less caster at the front?

Or possibly a light anti-roll bar at the rear?

And has your damping been in tune with the spring rates? - a "springy" car might "jump" in the corner, making the car feel a bit understeery/oversteery.
Already running 8 degrees, don't want to run 6 degrees because the hinge pin locators get scrubed out too much and can't get hold of the new castor blocks either...

Running navy or grey springs with #3/40 wt which feels kinda right to me. Also running black sway bars front and rear, might take out the front bars?
Old 02-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Looking at the navy and grey springs rates (it's confusing because HPI make several blue or navy springs), I would think 50 or 60wt oil would be more suitable for those springs.

Yes, a lighter anti-roll bar up front, or no anti-roll bar at all might help (I don't know the colours from stiff to soft).

BTW, I don't get what you're problem is with the caster - are you saying the 6deg blocks cause problems, or are you talking about problems if you change the kick-up (i.e. inboard wishbone mounts) from 2deg to 0deg? Because I've had no problems with my 6 deg caster blocks - and my understanding is that the pro3 likes less caster.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by pro3racing

go with the hpi towers!!! the hb towers you must shorten your shocks in order to get the right height .
the hpi are great they have the stock set up and the hb set up
if you want to use the shorter shocks.
i my self have sold all my hb towers .i use the hpi now.
k thanks i almost ordered the hb ones and a guy at the track last night was going to sell me his front and rear shock towers because he said they made his ride hieght to high so those must have been the hb ones so i guess ill just order hpi ones. thnks pro3racing
btw does anyone know take off's site?
Old 02-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Take Off site:
http://www.powers-international.com/...ex-english.htm

If you're unable to order the parts you need from your LHS. you can purchase them direct from Schumacher.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default pro3 chassis

to all pro3 racers: controlcentre (hk) is now selling woven carbon fiber chassis for the pro3. it looks like the Kai Pro3 limited chassis and it sells for $73.

pro3racing: hi there!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sosidge
Looking at the navy and grey springs rates (it's confusing because HPI make several blue or navy springs), I would think 50 or 60wt oil would be more suitable for those springs.

Yes, a lighter anti-roll bar up front, or no anti-roll bar at all might help (I don't know the colours from stiff to soft).

BTW, I don't get what you're problem is with the caster - are you saying the 6deg blocks cause problems, or are you talking about problems if you change the kick-up (i.e. inboard wishbone mounts) from 2deg to 0deg? Because I've had no problems with my 6 deg caster blocks - and my understanding is that the pro3 likes less caster.
Well tried just about everything last nite and not much good - harder front springs, softer front springs, softer all round, harder all round... Even went to 6 degree castor, no front sway bar, even 1 degree rear toe. Hard to maintain speed in corners, the car just washes off speed and others just turn inside me.

The ackerman just makes the car turn in quicker but mid corner understeer is still there... With the 6 degree thing, I meant the kick up... The 0 degree kick up configuration makes the little raised sections on the block scrape the ground. My block is now flat and the metal insert is starting to show!
Old 02-14-2002, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

See, i never run my car with 0 kick-up - just don't like the idea.

Are you running a top-deck? On a grippy surface the stiffer chassis will carry more speed in the corners.

Are you running a "race" body, like a stratus?
Old 02-14-2002, 07:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: pro3 chassis

Originally posted by purplepro3
to all pro3 racers: controlcentre (hk) is now selling woven carbon fiber chassis for the pro3. it looks like the Kai Pro3 limited chassis and it sells for $73.

pro3racing: hi there!!!
hey purple pro3,
rcmodel has the same chassis for 68.00 in stock
www.rcmodel.com.hk/
your trans mounts are on the way! i hope they work out for you
and mike yours are on the way also.
you both let me know how you like them.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Happy Valentines everyone.

RcModel has dropped prices on the chassis. now $61.00
and the Spec-V is selling for $243.20

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.