Wiki Posts
Search

integy 16X9 charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default integy 16X9 charger

I bought a new indi 16X9 charger about 2 weeks ago and i love it. It does everything i need it to do for my batteries for stock racing. What does every one else think of it. Any problems?
Old 12-25-2001, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I like mine alot sofar. I run tire warmers and my 16x2 off the back of it. Pretty sweet charger for the money..
Old 12-25-2001, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help me

Hi, I just bought the 16X9 charger and I got really annoyed by the fact that my charger false peaked. I tried using the the delta peak charger and it worked well, so I know that there is something wrong with the 16X9. Is there anything that I can do in the settings that can solve my problem.
Old 12-25-2001, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

azmi,

it shouldn't false peak. it could be your batteries. if that's the case, increase the volt threshold. for nicads, i use 15 mv/cell. for nimh, i use 6 mv/cell. other than that, you shouldn't be false peaking. perhaps, your unit needs to be re-calibrated. my buddy purchased one that would give very high voltage readings at the completion of the charge. it wasn't charging the batteries to high, but the built-in volt meter was reading the battery voltages higher than what they actually were. the 16x9 is a very good charger. maybe you got one that might be defective, i'd send it back to have it checked out. but before that, try adjusting the volt thresholds to my suggestions, and if that doesn't work- send it back! i've charged old batteries and they never false peaked w/ this charger.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Diesel buddy
Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will increase the voltage threshold and recharge those batteries. At first I thought that the batteries that were in trouble but my charger false peaked even the newly bought Tamiya 2400.
I got to admit that I am very new to this hobby and I need all the helps that I can get. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion
Old 12-26-2001, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

azmi, what was ur voltage threshold set at??
Old 12-30-2001, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Spaz
I kept my threshold value to the one set by the manufacturer. I think that's the reason why it was not optimized for my batteries. I guess 15 can be a good number the 2400 batteries.