Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated RC12R5 >

Associated RC12R5

Associated RC12R5

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C
Is there any other supplier of Yokomo other then RC Market, either On-line or any hobby shop in the US were we can buy the 12R5 Rear Brace and Side Spring Holders as listed below.

Yokomo 12R5 Rear Brace Part No. SP4611
Yokomo 12R5 Side Spring Holders Part No. SP4640

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....................Thanks Again!!!

Alex
I've been searching the web as well , Yokomo USA is no longer but there is still Yokomo Malaysia aka http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/ .

When the next paycheck comes in I'm going to check with them wether they can order the Yokomo parts.

Erik
Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi peoples,

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but if i am traction rolling my car is there anything in particular that i can change or focus on that will reduce this more than any else?

Admittedly i should probably try letting off earlier before the corner, and i was dialing out front end steering but would prefer to keep as much as possible.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
Hi peoples,

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but if i am traction rolling my car is there anything in particular that i can change or focus on that will reduce this more than any else?

Admittedly i should probably try letting off earlier before the corner, and i was dialing out front end steering but would prefer to keep as much as possible.
It depends a bit on what the car does.. Is it griproling on the front or rear tires?

Really effective is gluing the side walls of the front tire. This will reduce front grip big time. But, after a few Bat's you will be running on the glue, and start losing front grip fast.

Putting a shim on the front springs, this will reduce travel of the front susp.

Makin your car more wide at all tires... will reduce grip roll.

Softer center spring, will give more grip and therefore less grip roll.

check the rear tires on the foam being pulled of the rim, but not chunking. This happens a lot, because of the tire additive.

When the grip is really high, putt a softer front spring, this will reduce the "pressure" on the front tire, which will degrease front grip.

Then again, gluing the front tire is the fastest and most effective way to reduce grip roll.

Best Regards

Robert
Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

mangoboy last week your car seemed to be rolling off the rears. If you are running a tall tyre ie lots of side wall this will give alot of sideways grip. Check as mentioned about tyres peeling from rim but not chunking, Glueing sidewalls is a last resort imo when all else fails. Have got the full set of AE side springs if you want to try something different
Old 02-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stical
I've been searching the web as well , Yokomo USA is no longer but there is still Yokomo Malaysia aka http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/ .

When the next paycheck comes in I'm going to check with them wether they can order the Yokomo parts.

Erik

Erik.............. Thanks Again for the info, let me know if you have any success on availability through this point of contact.

Best Regards!!!

Alex
Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default help please...

im a complete newby to rc cars and 1/12 pans in particular. ive always been interested in them however. well thanks folks, i bought a 12r5. heres where i need your help. i will be running a novak 1s-ss pro brushless system with a 13.5t motor. for battery i will be using a reedy 1s 3.7v lipo. rear tires will be jaco with a 1.88 diameter. can someone please refer a spur (# of teeth) and a pinion (# of teeth) range? thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
SMG
Tech Apprentice

thunderdaddy you have a PM
Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thunderdaddy
im a complete newby to rc cars and 1/12 pans in particular. ive always been interested in them however. well thanks folks, i bought a 12r5. heres where i need your help. i will be running a novak 1s-ss pro brushless system with a 13.5t motor. for battery i will be using a reedy 1s 3.7v lipo. rear tires will be jaco with a 1.88 diameter. can someone please refer a spur (# of teeth) and a pinion (# of teeth) range? thanks in advance.
What is the track like? Gear for the track and not per someone's recommendation who never saw your track, driving style and surface.

Try rollouts in the 60 to 70mm range for small technical tracks.

At the track I race at it's a 75'x35' track with a lot of infield. I'm using a Tekin 13.5/RS v203. Tires are 45mm, spur=80T and pinion=38T for a rollout of 73mm.

Rollout of 80+ will be more for a very large sweeping track.

Temp your motor after you finish a heat and gear so you do not exceed 160*F. (Some motors are good to higher temps but 160 seems to be universal.)
Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SMG
thunderdaddy you have a PM
smg, please tell me how to get to your pm. thank you.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C
Is there any other supplier of Yokomo other then RC Market, either On-line or any hobby shop in the US were we can buy the 12R5 Rear Brace and Side Spring Holders as listed below.

Yokomo 12R5 Rear Brace Part No. SP4611
Yokomo 12R5 Side Spring Holders Part No. SP4640

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....................Thanks Again!!!

Alex
I have two extra yokomo brace for spare purposes and one on the car i could sell one cause I am occasionally going back to the stock post set up which is giving me more bite on some tracks.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
I have two extra yokomo brace for spare purposes and one on the car i could sell one cause I am occasionally going back to the stock post set up which is giving me more bite on some tracks.
lol..now u find it!!!j/k...did u test and actually find more rear grip? if so maybe a harder rear tire compound would let it loose?, and youll get longer wear outta the rears :^) jus speculating, i run the brace also..
Old 02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Initiate

sean can you help me here. thanks much.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
AE-Reedy

sean can you help me here. thanks much.
There are too many variables to comment accurately but you can try starting with a 45/76 and go from there.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
lol..now u find it!!!j/k...did u test and actually find more rear grip? if so maybe a harder rear tire compound would let it loose?, and youll get longer wear outta the rears :^) jus speculating, i run the brace also..
No!.... I purchased 1 then later two more when my first got damaged.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:26 PM
SMG
Tech Apprentice

smg, please tell me how to get to your pm. thank you.
Just go to the top of the forum page on the upper right hand side and click on private messages.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.