Search

Associated RC12R5

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
SMG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Wow Steve, I actually thought the Steve I sent them to in Indiana was using them for his car, not trying to make a buck, pretty sad, heres the link that started this...... #1947

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...c12r5-130.html
Sorry you think I am someone else. I'm sure there is more than one guy named Steve in Indiana. I don't need to buy custom parts when I can make them myself! Maybe next time you accuse someone of trying to make a buck off of someone else, you will do your homework and be certain it is the right person. Too bad you had to bad mouth me on this forum when I am not even the person you think I am.
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC12R5-dscf2626.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM
SMG
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
Have you thought about shaving some of the front to give it some flex like the yokomo? Yes I have an extra one just to rub it in Sorry
Yes, I can custom make them to what anyone wants.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stical
Quote:
I'm converting my RC12R5 to R5.1 but there is one part I cannot find on the AE site.

The 16mm set screw for the side shock has part number 4689 in the manual but that part number doesn't exist on the AE site

Anybody got a clue where I can find this set screw ?

Thanks,
Erik

The one from the R5 is 10mm and the one from the R5.1 is 16mm since the upper pod plate is sitting higher on the R5.1 .

I could re-use that one but my actual problem is that part n° 4689 (16mm set screw ) cannot be ordered or bought seperatly , i can find any R5 or R5.1 part on the AE website except this one ?

http://order.aeteam.net/search.asp

I searched for the part number and found it, although it is backordered . . .
We'd have to ask Bob to be certain, but I would imagine the inclusion of a longer set screw for the 12r5.1 is to reduce the likelyhood of bending the brace, not because of a difference between the 5.1 and 5. In fact, the 5.1's top deck is lower actually so including a longer set screw for that purpose doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by SMG
Yes, I can custom make them to what anyone wants.

I also think the original purpose for the relief in the Yokomo part was for weight savings, not flex characteristics. From an engineering standpoint I can't see flex in that area being a good thing. In addition the forces that brace experiences from the side springs and the center shock are no where near strong enough to induce tangible flex in either piece.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm converting my RC12R5 to R5.1 but there is one part I cannot find on the AE site.

The 16mm set screw for the side shock has part number 4689 in the manual but that part number doesn't exist on the AE site

Thanks,
Erik

The one from the R5 is 10mm and the one from the R5.1 is 16mm since the upper pod plate is sitting higher on the R5.1 .

I could re-use that one but my actual problem is that part n° 4689 (16mm set screw ) cannot be ordered or bought seperatly , i can find any R5 or R5.1 part on the AE website except this one ?

found these for ya m3x16mm http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...m-Set-Screw-10
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Nice pics !
Hey Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anybody have a good 10.5 gearing with a lipo.. dont really know where to start with the new speedos having timing advance and all.

any help would be appreciated.

leon mcintosh
Old 01-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by punkracer24
anybody have a good 10.5 gearing with a lipo.. dont really know where to start with the new speedos having timing advance and all.

leon mcintosh
Spur 80 pinion 36 is what I start mine
Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Quote:

Thanks,
Erik

I guess my R5 converted to a 5.1 can't tell the difference because I used the same screw from the R5. I'm also using a Cyclone 12 shock on top and the AE side shock.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMG
Sorry you think I am someone else. I'm sure there is more than one guy named Steve in Indiana. I don't need to buy custom parts when I can make them myself! Maybe next time you accuse someone of trying to make a buck off of someone else, you will do your homework and be certain it is the right person. Too bad you had to bad mouth me on this forum when I am not even the person you think I am.

If you are not the Steve I sent them to in Indy, then I do apologize, however from my perspective, I have had a guy named Steve order 2 braces from Indy, and 2 weeks later, I see the exact replica on the thread, from a guy named Steve from Indy. A little conspicuous, but I am not on here to get into fights, having started one right here myself, You have my word that this will not be repeated. Again I am sorry for the problem that this has become.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkracer24

leon mcintosh

I have mine at 76 and 41. I think I saw Mike Blackstock say on here somewhere to divide your spur in half and start from there for 10.5.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
If you are not the Steve I sent them to in Indy, then I do apologize, however from my perspective, I have had a guy named Steve order 2 braces from Indy, and 2 weeks later, I see the exact replica on the thread, from a guy named Steve from Indy. A little conspicuous, but I am not on here to get into fights, having started one right here myself, You have my word that this will not be repeated. Again I am sorry for the problem that this has become.
something's suspect here....:^)
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
http://order.aeteam.net/search.asp

I searched for the part number and found it, although it is backordered . . .
We'd have to ask Bob to be certain, but I would imagine the inclusion of a longer set screw for the 12r5.1 is to reduce the likelyhood of bending the brace, not because of a difference between the 5.1 and 5. In fact, the 5.1's top deck is lower actually so including a longer set screw for that purpose doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by dangles
Originally Posted by AreCee
I guess my R5 converted to a 5.1 can't tell the difference because I used the same screw from the R5. I'm also using a Cyclone 12 shock on top and the AE side shock.
Gentlemen, thanks for the answers.

I had been looking at http://67.199.85.166/teamassociated/...ccessories.php and couldn't find it , tried ASC4689 as well but that turned up some flanged bearings .

I will give it a try with the R5 set screw but Dangles thanks for that link , all the others were 15 or 20 set screws which is a bit too much spare screws

Erik
Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
something's suspect here....:^)
No there is nothing suspect. I am the one who purchased 2 here in Indy but I am not the one making them. I don't know that Steve that can make his own.

I only paid $10 for mine so I wouldn't think of making them since I was able to get these for half the price of Yokomo's. I have both....

Steve Dunn
Indianapolis
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

yokomo is at it again but now for the 5.1. Hey it even matches color!
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC12R5-sp_4608s.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

whats the difference from stock parts? except lighter color blue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.