GT10 Class

Old 05-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

espresso, somebody has to be first.. get the car, run the car for fun, others will see and soon join in... i got my pan 3 years ago.. i was just either waaaay ahead or behind the curve....
Old 05-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

tally, ahead. did you figure out your lipo set up yet?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

mason, i had it running pretty well last outing, but really needed to get a 13.5, which i have now.. however, we celebrated mothers day last night which coincided with our monthly race date so i missed it. still need more testing... i really thing i also need to get a full set of pinks and ditch the white rears purple fronts.. you guys gonna try to get something going in central fla?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
espresso, somebody has to be first.. get the car, run the car for fun, others will see and soon join in... i got my pan 3 years ago.. i was just either waaaay ahead or behind the curve....
Thanks for the encouragement. I probably will go with the crc kit and run at the nitro track and see if I can rally some peeps on the forum to join.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

daytona was racing once a month. I dont know if their 10th pan is still holding up. they race the 4th sunday of the month and its not the best weekend for me. jason might be able to tell you about adrenaline or ss raceway in tampa for that kind of action and i dont know what superior is running anymore. those are all a minimum of an 1.5 hr drive for me. locally here in town I dont see on-road coming back unless cost are contained. and that means pan cars, lipos and brushless. because everything else is already lipo/bl. only people buying nimhs are just trying out r/c cars and usually a stick pack to slap in their rtr. but thats going/ is gone away as well when they hear the differences in run time..

anyways back to the thread topic!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Would be nice if the ROAR On-Road Nats had a GT10 class... I would buy a car...
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone know if this body is still being made and where to find it?
http://www.active-hobby.com/j/toyotagt1.html

This will be going on the new crc gen x 10.

Here is the translated link
http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Old 05-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
daytona was racing once a month. I dont know if their 10th pan is still holding up. they race the 4th sunday of the month and its not the best weekend for me. jason might be able to tell you about adrenaline or ss raceway in tampa for that kind of action and i dont know what superior is running anymore. those are all a minimum of an 1.5 hr drive for me. locally here in town I dont see on-road coming back unless cost are contained. and that means pan cars, lipos and brushless. because everything else is already lipo/bl. only people buying nimhs are just trying out r/c cars and usually a stick pack to slap in their rtr. but thats going/ is gone away as well when they hear the differences in run time..

anyways back to the thread topic!

The 1/10th pan cars are running at adrenaline. We ran them at SS a few times but the nitro cars get to be a headache after a while. The big problem some people are running into with the lipos is that the cars do not handle as well. We fixed this on our car with the weighted lipo tray but we are the only ones with a fix so far. Because of this most are just sticking with 4 cell and the class has been getting more attention since we all agreed running 4 cell.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

not really the place for this, but if some of the current lipo's are 2s2p, then why is there so much dificulty in producing a 2s2p pack half the size of a current lipo? nominal capacity would be around 2500mah, and for stock or slower, would probably be fine... right?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Lord

I think it will run into worse handling issues than we already are. The larger Lipo packs are already too light. These cars rely alot on the weight of the cells for handling. You can get the cars decent with the larger lipos. Adding some weight makes them work much better. I have found in nearly every chassis layout we have tried that weight does need to be added to make the car handle the best it can with lipos. We found our existing layout to be the most efficient with minimum weight added. It seems that with the use of lipo you need to really get creative with weight placement to get the lateral and forward traction we are looking for.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

what's the weight of a 4 cell pack?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

at some point don't we just start re-springing cars with much softer springs?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

You can only spring the car so soft until there is no longer enough verticle downforce on the tires for the given amount of power. Ideally in every form of racing i have done, you never add weight. You made suspension adjustments. Unfortunately, we are already pushing a fine line with the power to weight ratio on these cars. Lipo and a 13.5 is a handfull comnpared to 4 cell with a 4.5. the 4 cell car will beat the lipo car. Now you throw a 10.5 or less in a lipo car and all you can do is try to get the car around the track without spinouts. It is a touchy discussion here because i know this is not what alot of people want to hear. Sometimes they need to see it for themselves. The only answer is to add rearward weight to the cars or make a weighted lipo tray like we did
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So you're saying that the best way to run the db10R is 4 cell. The lipo tray and battery are placed front to back in the car. Does the weight of the lipo tray bring the weight of the car up to what it would be with the 4 cell. I get the feeling you like the 4 cell best. Less headaches!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Lord

What we did is make a lipo tray that makes the lipo pack the same weight as a 4 cell pack. Its not that i favor 4 cell racing to lipo. I would much rather run lipo. My goal is always performance. I can always just make the car fit lipo and sell it with no info on how it will hurt handling. I would sell many more cars. Alot of people will think that my car is the only one with this issue also. This is not the case. I made the decision to explain what the differences will be in running both styles of batteries. It will hurt my sales but i feel like i did what was right. I dont like to be the guy who pulls the shades over the eyes of the general public. I dont believe in gimic and i make sure i am proud of what i put my name on

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.