SMC 28C 4000/5000 Hardcase Lipo part 2

SMC 28C 4000/5000 Hardcase Lipo part 2

Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
yes that one will work

Are you sure? I ordered that 2s adaptor, Didn't work. that adaptor has 4 pins in the small end(end that should plug into the battery)

I think Danny should have these in bulk to sell to his customers. So many have asked what adaptor harness to use.

Bob
Old 09-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Where can I order up the new packs?
I found it here.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SMC5028LD

This is what I meant by carbon edition...my name not SMC's.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by 1M
Are you sure? I ordered that 2s adaptor, Didn't work. that adaptor has 4 pins in the small end(end that should plug into the battery)

I think Danny should have these in bulk to sell to his customers. So many have asked what adaptor harness to use.

Bob
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...288c30c5fb33fd

nexus says its a JST-XH Connector which is what reedy/smc is.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jake S
That one will NOT work...it has a flightpower-style adapter.

Originally Posted by Jake S
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...288c30c5fb33fd

nexus says its a JST-XH Connector which is what reedy/smc is.
The 2S one in this pack has the correct JST-XH plug for SMC batteries - it is only offered as a 2S+3S combo. (The 3S is not completely useless, as it will work on the Protek and other common lipo Tx packs.)
Old 09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
I found it here.

I ordered from stormer, and yes that is/was the picture on their site, but I just received the "older" red pack with side exit wires. What should I do? I really was expecting the newer packs after viewing the new picture, and wanted the top exiting wires for ease of use in off-road. Is there any way I can exchange them for updated packs? I also need them before the weekend.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would call them. I held off from ordering from Stormer because I wanted to verify that they were in fact shipping the newer cases. I would imagine they would exchange it since they show the new one in their ad. This is why I thought a new part number would have been nice to avoid these mixups.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Just checked again, Now the picture has been changed back to the red pack.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have shipped out some 3200 and 4000s with the new top wire cases. The 5000s have been stuck in Chinese export customs but are finally on there way to us.

For those needing the top wire cases make sure to ask the place where your ordering them to make sure they are sending you top wire cases.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
We have shipped out some 3200 and 4000s with the new top wire cases. The 5000s have been stuck in Chinese export customs but are finally on there way to us.

For those needing the top wire cases make sure to ask the place where your ordering them to make sure they are sending you top wire cases.
No big problem, I will use the "old" ones for now, Looks like the "new" ones will still be a few days/weeks. Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Just checked again, Now the picture has been changed back to the red pack.
Blame manufacturers that make a change to a product and use the same part number for that one...(*cough*...Danny...*cough*) there would not have been an issue if the part numbers were different.

That said, somebody alerted us to this, we noted the color change. Might even have been you.

If you get one, and you needed the other, send it back, we'll swap it out for you. Not a problem.

Danny, if you change them again, give them a different part number. Running changes just irritate customers. Like when Trinity changed wheel colors like 5 times on TRC touring wheels... same part numbers... what a fiasco. Thank goodness that was a few years ago.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, but I really need them this weekend, so I will just use the ones I got. Not an extremely big deal, They will work fine. Maybe a discounted price when the new ones show up?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I found it here.

Verndog fess up! How did you get one if they aren't here from overseas yet... inquiring minds want to know You don't have to answer b/c I have a good idea how you got one but I am not thinking it was from Stormer
Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Thanks, but I really need them this weekend, so I will just use the ones I got. Not an extremely big deal, They will work fine. Maybe a discounted price when the new ones show up?
No problem.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Blame manufacturers that make a change to a product and use the same part number for that one...(*cough*...Danny...*cough*) there would not have been an issue if the part numbers were different.

That said, somebody alerted us to this, we noted the color change. Might even have been you.

If you get one, and you needed the other, send it back, we'll swap it out for you. Not a problem.

Danny, if you change them again, give them a different part number. Running changes just irritate customers. Like when Trinity changed wheel colors like 5 times on TRC touring wheels... same part numbers... what a fiasco. Thank goodness that was a few years ago.
I just ordered one of these. Are you saying it is not the top wire exit version??

If not...I dont want it....thats what I've been holding out for, and what it appeared I ordered.

Originally Posted by Catalyst
Verndog fess up! How did you get one if they aren't here from overseas yet... inquiring minds want to know You don't have to answer b/c I have a good idea how you got one but I am not thinking it was from Stormer
I dont have it yet...just ordered it...have I been hornschwaggled??
Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

I just ordered one of these. Are you saying it is not the top wire exit version??

If not...I dont want it....thats what I've been holding out for, and what it appeared I ordered.
Without your name, and address, we don't know who you are, where you are, and can't look it up.

That is all best handled directly here. email us.

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.