Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Matching loose cells

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default Matching loose cells

Does anyone have an idea what I would be likely to find in a box of 24 zapped GP3300's.

I know that 24, 1.18V cells is not probable but how much variation would you expect on average in a batch?
Old 06-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

are u getting the latest batch of cells?(under 2months or MAX)
if yes,i'd say avg is 1.14,min 1.10.
it's quite worth it to get 48 cells and matching them,if u can get them at less than US$5 per cell.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Matching loose cells

Originally posted by JohnA
Does anyone have an idea what I would be likely to find in a box of 24 zapped GP3300's.

I know that 24, 1.18V cells is not probable but how much variation would you expect on average in a batch?
Eagle Racing Japan sells a brick of there newest GP3300 cells in a brick of 24 for about 18000 yen..
I bought some last week for practice packs....plus a have a buddy that has a turbo matcher and a Zapper

can you say low buget

-Dave
Old 07-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone here actually match their own packs? I have been looking at the Turbomatchers that pop up now and then on ebay. Is there a good source to get cells at a decent price? Just curious

Matt
Old 07-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Matching loose cells

Originally posted by JohnA

It really depends on how the cells were zapped. First, cells won't have ultimate voltages and 1.18 is still very hard to come by regardless where your sources gets them. I know because we're a matcher. Another problem I'm seeing is if they were anywhere near 1.18s, then it wouldn't have been sold this way unless you're buying from someone who truly doesn't know the value of high voltage cells. My apologize for being straightforward with this. Although I can't get into the finer details of how to boost up cells since its a trade secret, I can only say that if they were virgin cells and have beem zapped prior to matching, then chances are, even if they were high voltage, they still wouldn't have gotten optimum output because of this.

The lastest batch of cells average around 1.14 to 1.15s so if you bought these from a reputable distributor freshly off boat, the the chances are they'll be around that area. Although we've had some luck and seen some nice 1.17 and 8s, it takes over 600 cells to find a handful. In the past, I've had geniune single cells of 1.16s go on sale at Ebay. There might be some in the very near future.

Lastly, From a fresh box of cells to zapping to matching, then to recycling and conditioning, it takes a lot of work before the cells are correctly done so the numbers are there. I've talked to a few matchers who's been asking me to share my secrets because their process was correct, yet they methods weren't followed correctly so the potential cells that could have been 1.17s were only stablized at around 1.15s. This is where it gets really technical and trial and errors counts. Good luck.

Again, my $.02

Jimmy
Old 07-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by pkranger63
Does anyone here actually match their own packs? I have been looking at the Turbomatchers that pop up now and then on ebay. Is there a good source to get cells at a decent price? Just curious

Matt
While the turbomatchers on ebay might be an inexpensive way to match cells for personal use, they normally are not calibrated correctly and lots of loose ends comes up after a few cycle. That's why most reputable cell matchers get new systems directly from CE. If one were to match with a used (non-junked) turbomatcher bought of Ebay, then the deviation should be between .015 to .030. So, that is a LOT of differences and only good for personal usage yet still have fairly unmatched packs because of the deviation. Some will even match at a lower number when the matchine first turns on and after a few cycles, actually over-reads cells. My suggestion is if you find a good deal at EBay for the use turbomatcher 4/35, expect to spent another $100 by sending it to CE for Updates and RE-calibrations.

My $.02.

Jimmy
Old 07-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by pkranger63

Matt
I can be your good source for raw cells. The latest batch I've got was averaging 1.155 raw! Yes! that means they were at that number before the Core Enhancement Zapping process. If you your anyone else is interested, shoot me an PM.

Jimmy