Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheperd Velox

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I just want to take the time to thank Chris Verano. more than any person in R/C he takes the time to help people with there cars. I am just glad that the people at Shepard realize the great resource they provide to the customers in the USA with him. He has personally at the expense of his time setup 7 - 10 Velox"s at the track on two day races countless times. Weather you are a skilled racer or you are a hack that is trying to get around the track, If you ask he will take the time and tells you what he is doing and give you advise to change the car for your driving style. Now i am waiting on him to get the new parts to see what does what and how each part helps the car for different surfaces. Thank you Shepard USA for taking care of the little guys that needs the help. He and brian show how well the car worked. let everybody drive the car checks us all out to see if there is anything that they could help us with. again i just want to let them know that we as a racing community all the guys driving the velox that we all appreciate the help. so Chris i know this a rough time for you it is the one year with the loss of your mom. If you need anything that i can help you with just let me know. You are the person that got me to try the car. and i will probably run the car as long as you do. you know i had help from another company if i ran another car but again thanks very much.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Suspended

Default Great words

Originally Posted by new3
I just want to take the time to thank Chris Verano. more than any person in R/C he takes the time to help people with there cars. I am just glad that the people at Shepard realize the great resource they provide to the customers in the USA with him. He has personally at the expense of his time setup 7 - 10 Velox"s at the track on two day races countless times. Weather you are a skilled racer or you are a hack that is trying to get around the track, If you ask he will take the time and tells you what he is doing and give you advise to change the car for your driving style. Now i am waiting on him to get the new parts to see what does what and how each part helps the car for different surfaces. Thank you Shepard USA for taking care of the little guys that needs the help. He and brian show how well the car worked. let everybody drive the car checks us all out to see if there is anything that they could help us with. again i just want to let them know that we as a racing community all the guys driving the velox that we all appreciate the help. so Chris i know this a rough time for you it is the one year with the loss of your mom. If you need anything that i can help you with just let me know. You are the person that got me to try the car. and i will probably run the car as long as you do. you know i had help from another company if i ran another car but again thanks very much.
Its nice to see that support is so well arranged. Everybody running the '09 spec over there? What are your experiances with the "tuned" radioplate?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All the options are out here. There will be no kits as you know until the end of the Toy Fair where it will be introduced. The 09 will be here late Feb. But we did get some conversions that will update the entire car to the new 09 spec. All the main parts are the same just all the optionals have been included in the new kit.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had a good time working with everyone on the car...I even think it's fun when I wrench and BT drives the car. As soon as I get the new stuff, I'll be out to test it and let you guys know how they are.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Its nice to see that support is so well arranged. Everybody running the '09 spec over there? What are your experiances with the "tuned" radioplate?
i havent seen the new stuff yet. at least on anyone's car yet. i know jessie has a lot of new stuff on the wall. but i dont know exactly what is the 09 spec. i dont know exactly what is 09 spec and what is just upgrades. i do like the the new longer pillow balls for the euro rear end. the rest of the new things i dont know what is good for USA and what is a detriment. i ll wait on the the guys who on the team to run the new stuff and see how it changes the handling characteristics. but what is the 09 spec car what changes are 09 and what are upgrades. for specialize tracks
Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Suspended

i havent seen the new stuff yet. at least on anyone's car yet. i know jessie has a lot of new stuff on the wall. but i dont know exactly what is the 09 spec. i dont know exactly what is 09 spec and what is just upgrades. i do like the the new longer pillow balls for the euro rear end. the rest of the new things i dont know what is good for USA and what is a detriment. i ll wait on the the guys who on the team to run the new stuff and see how it changes the handling characteristics. but what is the 09 spec car what changes are 09 and what are upgrades. for specialize tracks
As Xspower already stated, the '09 version is standard inclusive the current '09 conversion kit, leaving out the old parts. It consists out of:
  • 09 chassis
  • new uprights
  • 08 conversion
Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

so the 09 car is the euro rear end with new chassis and the new uprights what about the lower rear axial bulk heads and adjustable swaybar. so what is the "tuned" radioplate?" if i am wrong please correct me please thank you.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Suspended

so the 09 car is the euro rear end with new chassis and the new uprights what about the lower rear axial bulk heads and adjustable swaybar. so what is the "tuned" radioplate?" if i am wrong please correct me please thank you.
The lower rear axial bulk heads are also standard in the new kit. The adjustable swaybar is an optionpart. See my website for more information.

A tuned radioplate has adjustable flex functionality to improve 'natural" grip. This feature is great on low as high grip tracks.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default VELOX V8 2009

HERE IS THE CAR
http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=14612

SOME BIGGER IMAGES HERE!
http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=14695
Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Velox Rolling chassis for sale here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...g-chassis.html
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

I got all the 09 parts a few days ago...I'll be out soon to try them. I'll let you know when we go.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by C Verano
I got all the 09 parts a few days ago...I'll be out soon to try them. I'll let you know when we go.
Succes, keep us posted

Our teamdrivers trashed their records with these changes.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the set-up help today! By the way, your car looked really good out there.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Default V8

saw Chris's Velox V8 today with the 09' conversion on it the f@$%^ car was hooked up on 40 shore tires at Cp on a pratice day needed to be at the winternats with it cant wait to try it myself
Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EEChris
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the set-up help today! By the way, your car looked really good out there.
No problem...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.