Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheperd Velox

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The holes where the clutch shoe is sliding on are a bit larger on the Shepherd then the Mugen. So the shoe's are not the same in this regard.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xspower
The holes where the clutch shoe is sliding on are a bit larger on the Shepherd then the Mugen. So the shoe's are not the same in this regard.

I found some old black mugens and the holes are wider apart by approx 0.2mm. Sand each hole in by 0.1mm should fix this problem. But the mugen is heavier as well and may be the compound is different too so I am sure will have a different feel with same set up. The tapers angle looks very close so thats good. I am going to try this week.

thanks for input
Old 07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

What tires do you guys prefer to run?The Serpent or Mugen style tires?Also what make of tires do you find to give good grip and a good wear rate?Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can only use one kind of offset wheels which is known as the Kyosho/Mugen offset.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kitracer
I found some old black mugens and the holes are wider apart by approx 0.2mm. Sand each hole in by 0.1mm should fix this problem. But the mugen is heavier as well and may be the compound is different too so I am sure will have a different feel with same set up. The tapers angle looks very close so thats good. I am going to try this week.

thanks for input

No problem
Old 07-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I finnaly got to race my velox today and I am stoked.Its the first time that I have raced a 1/8 and it is the most fun I have had.It was easier to drive than my on-road electric car.The car was awesome from the first lap and seem to handle the bumps very well.Cant wait for the race this weekend to show the locals with there snakes how a car should go.Thanks for all the help on the forum.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

We are very glad to hear that you are happy with the Velox. Shepherd has put alot into the car and has really done well. If you need anything just ask.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am very impressed with my week old Velox. First club race proved that this ultimate racing machine can be tuned very well to anybody's liking. With the endless tuning options available, I was able to dial in my car and make the A-main on its first outing. Good Job! Congrats to Chris Verano of Team Sheperd for taking 1st place at GLARCRC once again!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EEChris
I am very impressed with my week old Velox. First club race proved that this ultimate racing machine can be tuned very well to anybody's liking. With the endless tuning options available, I was able to dial in my car and make the A-main on its first outing. Good Job! Congrats to Chris Verano of Team Sheperd for taking 1st place at GLARCRC once again!
I'm glad you like the car Chris. After the first couple tanks you looked really comfortable with the car. Congrats on putting the car in the main on your very first time out with it.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TOP Racer
I finnaly got to race my velox today and I am stoked.Its the first time that I have raced a 1/8 and it is the most fun I have had.It was easier to drive than my on-road electric car.The car was awesome from the first lap and seem to handle the bumps very well.Cant wait for the race this weekend to show the locals with there snakes how a car should go.Thanks for all the help on the forum.
Same here, even I am half way around the world , felt the same.

4 Velox from HK will be going to FEMCA in Malaysia Aug. Will see how it will handle a totally different track.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Hope to see you guys here at the femca as from the Singapore Shepherd Drivers , we are still pending their working leave approved due to the long racing days.

Personally, should you guys need help on the parts, you would contact me at +60129731519 ( Atalon RC Speedway / Alvin ) as i will be at the track on the day.

Good lucks to you guys and Victory to Shepherd
Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fatboy
Hope to see you guys here at the femca as from the Singapore Shepherd Drivers , we are still pending their working leave approved due to the long racing days.

Personally, should you guys need help on the parts, you would contact me at +60129731519 ( Atalon RC Speedway / Alvin ) as i will be at the track on the day.

Good lucks to you guys and Victory to Shepherd
thanks for the number Alvin. Will keep it handy if we need parts.
Great number to have but not a good nummber to call
Old 07-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EEChris
hopefully i can be like you when i run my car haha...if my mom will let me drive to LA
Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_udr_verano
hopefully i can be like you when i run my car haha...if my mom will let me drive to LA
It's only a 7 hour drive ...Meet me at the track so we can set the car up and shake it down.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default need more steering!!!!

Iam running the velox with the central body and the stock setup except for 4deg toe in the front I have 1. I don't have enough steering. I on med to high bite track (301 in MD) use kyosho 35 and 37 tires. can you guys help or give me any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.