Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4JS

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Nice car, i just wish it'd use geared diff as Serpent does.

Its such a shame that no others have seen the light.

how is the weight of this version compare to E4FS and E4RS?

Can the rear toe-in be set at 0°?
i'm think can't use S400 gear diff !
Old 06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Does this fit E4JS version?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...2112&pageNum=2
Old 06-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
If you modfiy the tub, yes....if you are thinking direct fit, no. It design to place it on top of the carbon fiber flat chassis.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Who has driven one already?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They've now made a E4JR kit which is the same as the JS but RTR.

http://www.redrc.net/2008/06/team-magic-110-e4jr-rtr/
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Links on JR aren't adjustable, JS does.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are back for sale on RCshopping

FYI
Old 06-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

that JR looks great, i want to know the specs of the battery and the esc, like how low of a turn you can go on there. its great for $265
Old 06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

ESC:

H.A.R.D. have released this H6804 Dual Mode electronic speed controller, which will operates any 19 Turn + (stock) motor and is perfect for this class of racing, giving the user state of the art engineering in a compact, ready to use package. Setup is easy and the dual modes with reverse give you total control of your speed configuration. The ESC has two setup modes, Gentle Mode for 50% output and Fierce Mode for 100% output allowing you to ‘dial-in’ your car for high or low speed racing, depending on your racing skill.

Specifications:
Motor Limit: 19+ turns
Heat Overload: 85-90°
Low Battery Alarm: 4.5v or less
Drive Frequency: 1 kHz
BEC: 5.0V/1A
Length: 36mm
Width: 36mm
Height: 27.5mm
Weight: 47.3g (including wires)
Old 06-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

haha, how bizarre, they say their limit is 19t, and then they put an 18t motor in there. lol
Old 06-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

19+ and their 18 turn is a sealed motor, if you run a 18T mod you'd see way higher performance.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So there are 2 versions... now im confused

what is the price for:
KIT and
RTR?
Old 06-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

the kits $175 plus shipping and the RTR is $275 plus shipping.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi:

This is an interesting thread and it brings up a lot of interesting points. The manufacturer will always be in a position to sell the car cheaper than anyone else. But they shouldn't because in the long run it doesn't do anyone any good. Our prices are the same as your LHS should charge. It might be $20.00 or $40.00 more than on-line but the fact is that if you run into a problem building it good luck waiting for assistance from overseas. Also if you break a part don't complain that you can't get any parts locally. Your LHS can't afford to stock parts and kits if you spend all of your cash overseas. When you support your LHS they can afford to put on events, buy timing equipment and stock an inventory of parts so that you can be up and running the same day that you break a part. Wolf Hobbies is not a hobby shop. We are the US importer and distributor for Team Magic products. We are the ones that your LHS buys from. You would be surprised how little we and your LHS make on kits. For one thing, in order to get the kits to you ASAP we paid to have them airfreighted from Taiwan. This costs about 10X what ocean freight costs. Then the kit has to be shipped to your LHS and he has to make enought to pay for rent and to keep the lights on. On top of that look behind the counter. The LHS has a huge investment in replacement parts. I did not mention our profit because by the time we pay for airfreight, reboxing and a shipping department staff there really isn't any to speak of. We choose not to charge a premium for airfreight. In a few weeks we will get another container of parts and kits and things will be back to normal. None of this is looking for pitty but it is merely an explanation of why things are the way they are. The kit costs more at the LHS because he has to pay for the shelf that it sits on to make sure it is there when you are ready to buy it. On top of that he puts on events so that you can race your kit. Wolf Hobbies has made it a policy to sponsor every event we possible can offord to. Just in the next two weeks we will be helping sponsor the ROAR Electric Onroad nats in Arkansas. The week after that we will be in Illinois at the Byron race which we are also sponsoring. It turns out to be a big circle of cooperation. The money you pay at your LHS comes back to you in many ways. Im not saying that you can't buy from from a mail order place. If finanaces are tight and all you can afford is on line prices then by all means do it. But if you can afford to pay a few extra bucks and buy it from your Local Hobby shop then you should. In a way you are investing in the future use of your new car. After all what good is getting a good deal on a kit if you can't drive it because there are no tracks to run it on or parts to fix it? FYI: The reason for our prices being the same as the LHS is that we do not want to compete with them. We would rather have your LHS stock the items than have you mail order them from us. Our on-line store is a service to the loyal Team Magic customers who cannot buy their parts locally. The rate at which hobby shops and tracks are going out of business is alarming. They really do need our support so that they are there to support us.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that I agree that the carbon fiber decks are too expensive. It is good that it is brought up on these forums as it gives me credibility when I talk to the manufacturer about prices. But if you are thinking about upgrading your JS with a carbon deck you are probably looking at the wrong kit. The JS series of cars are what they are. Entry level or parking lot level cars. They are not going to be the car to get you in the expert A main. But they are a good solid car to develop your driving and competing skills. They have been created to be a very good value for what you spend on them but they are not intened to be upgraded beyond a mid level car.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

thats a very good post and you made a lot of good points. I have to agree with the lhs things, and how prices are what they are. I always know that if the company is based in america, i can always get instant help. I dont usually deal through the internet, as i have a hobby shop about 5 minutes away, that are really nice guys, but when i want something, you better believe they get it from whatever company or store sells them, even if they dont make a profit off of it.

The price of carbon fiber these days is ridiculous as well, so i may see why their upperdecks or chassis' are $100. You cant just take a car like the JS, and plan to make it perfect, with a few dollars. If youre serious about racing with it, it would be cheaper to buy the FS or RSm which are $400, but have everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.