Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Here's a few
very nice!!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Had the run my trusty Type R for the FSEARA race at Royal Palm Beach today. Unfortunately, my E4 came with a right 6 deg caster block, and a left 3 deg
Had it all ready to go untill I noticed hrs before the racing, so I decided to just run the Type R instead. Spoke to Wolf today thru MDI hobby shop and he'll be priority mailing the correct parts and I should have them by this Thrusday, G-d willing
Old 02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Had the run my trusty Type R for the FSEARA race at Royal Palm Beach today. Unfortunately, my E4 came with a right 6 deg caster block, and a left 3 deg
Had it all ready to go untill I noticed hrs before the racing, so I decided to just run the Type R instead. Spoke to Wolf today thru MDI hobby shop and he'll be priority mailing the correct parts and I should have them by this Thrusday, G-d willing
sorry to hear that!! If you get a chance look at my new set up for the E4 is very good!!!

and check out the shirt that i have coming
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-e4-set-up.jpg  

Last edited by Marcos.J; 07-29-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

I orderd an RS from Wolf, but since he cant get them in yet, what he did was he took an FS kit and converted it for me into an RS by using 2mm top deck, 2 post steering, front spool, etc...Only difference is I have the 3mm lower chassis. With this combo my E4 has more flex than my Mi3 and Type R Its not stiff at all and should be killer on the asphalt.

Only issue I had with the car was the pesky mounting my Speed Passion 10.5BL motor. It just would not fit inside the bulk heads. Instead of dremeling down the bulkheads a bit, I just slipped it in at an angle and pushed down on the endbell side and it went in without much effort

The Speed Control, I mounted it right next to the servo, and followed the ESC by the receiver, to keep the heaviest items as close to the center as possible, for better handling and steering characteristics, taking a tip from Adrian's broomstick analogy

Servo- I mounted it using spare Xray t2 servo mounts, using the servo holes in the chassis, instead of the tape the manual suggests.

Also using Yokomo BD servo saver, which is much nicer looking and much thinner than Kimbrough's.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

I orderd an RS from Wolf, but since he cant get them in yet, what he did was he took an FS kit and converted it for me into an RS by using 2mm top deck, 2 post steering, front spool, etc...Only difference is I have the 3mm lower chassis. With this combo my E4 has more flex than my Mi3 and Type R Its not stiff at all and should be killer on the asphalt.

Only issue I had with the car was the pesky mounting my Speed Passion 10.5BL motor. It just would not fit inside the bulk heads. Instead of dremeling down the bulkheads a bit, I just slipped it in at an angle and pushed down on the endbell side and it went in without much effort

The Speed Control, I mounted it right next to the servo, and followed the ESC by the receiver, to keep the heaviest items as close to the center as possible, for better handling and steering characteristics, taking a tip from Adrian's broomstick analogy

Servo- I mounted it using spare Xray t2 servo mounts, using the servo holes in the chassis, instead of the tape the manual suggests.

Also using Yokomo BD servo saver, which is much nicer looking and much thinner than Kimbrough's.

the kit is killer on asphalt already
Old 02-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Instead of waiting for the E4JS, I broke and bought a E4RS. I can't wait. I think I am going to have an anuerism before it comes. The suspense is killing me!!!!

Now I will have my TB Evo III Surikarn(TB-02 parts fit, so it makes it a little easier to get for) for outdoor asphalt, Mi2EC for carpet, and the E4RS for indoor asphalt. But since I am mostly at the 'C,' the TM will be my primary car. I got to play with one the other day before I ordered when I went to practice at Mimi's. If the FS is as good as the RS, I am going to be very pleased!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jheimb4897
Instead of waiting for the E4JS, I broke and bought a E4RS. I can't wait. I think I am going to have an anuerism before it comes. The suspense is killing me!!!!

Now I will have my TB Evo III Surikarn(TB-02 parts fit, so it makes it a little easier to get for) for outdoor asphalt, Mi2EC for carpet, and the E4RS for indoor asphalt. But since I am mostly at the 'C,' the TM will be my primary car. I got to play with one the other day before I ordered when I went to practice at Mimi's. If the FS is as good as the RS, I am going to be very pleased!
Im may order the FS too and run the RS top deck , i think the thicker chassis and thinner top deck will be a good combination

and on the setup that I'm running i'm not using the middle plastic brace underneath the topdeck.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Im may order the FS too and run the RS top deck , i think the thicker chassis and thinner top deck will be a good combination

and on the setup that I'm running i'm not using the middle plastic brace underneath the topdeck.
If you order with Wolf he'll convert your FS to an RS by swapping out top decks, putting a Spool, and other things from the RS...I'd rather have the FS bottom plate with the thin 2mm top plate from the RS. The 3mm FS chassis is much nicer and there's plenty of flex for asphalt.

I dont use that middle top deck brace either...now it flexes even more A couple more days till my front 3R caster block comes in and its off to the track

Weight: this car is super light!!!

With my TP4900 Lipo, Futaba servo, ESC, receiver, tires, it weighs in at: 1261g!!! With the same electronics and Lipo, my Type R weighs 1300g, and so does my Mi3...

Now I'm trying to figure out where to add lead on this car to get it 1525g ROAR/FSEARA legal

Last edited by yyhayyim; 02-25-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

If you order with Wolf he'll convert your FS to an RS by swapping out top decks, putting a Spool, and other things from the RS...I'd rather have the FS bottom plate with the thin 2mm top plate from the RS. The 3mm FS chassis is much nicer and there's plenty of flex for asphalt.

I dont use that middle top deck brace either...now it flexes even more A couple more days till my front 3R caster block comes in and its off to the track

Weight: this car is super light!!!

With my TP4900 Lipo, Futaba servo, ESC, receiver, tires, it weighs in at: 1238g!!! With the same electronics and Lipo, my Type R weighs 1300g, and so does my Mi3...

Now I'm trying to figure out where to add lead on this car to get it 1525g ROAR/FSEARA legal
mine weighs 1332 with the body ready to race
Old 02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

mine weighs 1332 with the body ready to race
1332g What's the weight limit at your clubs? Where are you adding weight to make the 1525g required by ROAR/FSEARA races?

Places to add weight:

1) under the battery tray by using lead strips in the battery tray holes

2) top deck

3) in front of servo

4) Battery sides
Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

1332g What's the weight limit at your clubs? Where are you adding weight to make the 1525g required by ROAR/FSEARA races?

Places to add weight:

1) under the battery tray by using lead strips in the battery tray holes

2) top deck

3) in front of servo

4) Battery sides
lol mine is not anywhere near legal weight but i have a few spots already to add the weight

Ill have it already figured out for this weekend
Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

lol mine is not anywhere near legal weight but i have a few spots already to add the weight

Ill have it already figured out for this weekend
Get the weight legal so Adrian wont hold that against you when the broomstick E4 leaves him in the dust
Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Get the weight legal so Adrian wont hold that against you when the broomstick E4 leaves him in the dust
lol after long hours of testing I came to the conclusion that a Mr.Mop swings a lot better especially when you attatch the mop bucket full of mop water on the other end.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

but Adrian has alot of knowledge with cars so im sure he will figure something out that works!!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It hasn't happened yet no matter what car he's driven so by all means keep it light...I don't care.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.