Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Its indoor asphalt and when alot of races show it has traction as high or higher than carpet. Its fine grain rice asphalt with almost no pores and only one tiny bump on the whole track which is not a problem even for 1/12th scales.

Once I try are new layout this week I might shorten the rear camber link on the rear hub if I need more rotation and possibly another spacer under the ball stud on the hub. Have to try the layout first.
Are you using Jacos?
Try 3 deg of camber and 4mm of spacer under the inner upper links.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Team Magic E4FS - pretty much two rollers with a bunch of parts. havent seen the parts yet, but was told id pretty much need radio/receiver, servo and batteries. $250. should i do it?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Rookie

We can proudly announce that we are as CometRC.com the distributors of TEAM MAGIC, K FACTORY and HARD products within the UK.

www dot cometrc dot com

Regards

Team Comet
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cometrc
We can proudly announce that we are as CometRC.com the distributors of TEAM MAGIC, K FACTORY and HARD products within the UK.

www dot cometrc dot com

Regards

Team Comet
I have not shipped from overseas before but roughly what type of lead time to get stuff to the US?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Are you using Jacos?
Try 3 deg of camber and 4mm of spacer under the inner upper links.
Yes where using Jaco Blues because that is the spec tire for the upcoming ROAR Nationals. I will try that this weekend once I see what the car is doing on the new layout. I know right now at least I have 2 1/2 neg camber on the rear and 3 neg on the front.

More than likely once the Nats are over I will switch to another tire but for next 2 months or so Jaco it is.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

So, about those E4FS rollers/parts. Is it worth it? Seems parts can only be found in a few places. Makes me worry.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by marooko
So, about those E4FS rollers/parts. Is it worth it? Seems parts can only be found in a few places. Makes me worry.
It is easily worth that much. Parts can be found at Wolf Hobbies. I talked with Wolf a few times and super nice guy. I ordered once so far and have another order pending but so far zero problems getting stuff for the car. He is really into the Team Magic cars and even has had his own Wolf Hobbies custom parts made for the E4 cars. My experiance with Wolf has been great. I know from reading past posts I only see good things posted about Wolf Hobbies.

A few places overseas carries stuff as well so if I need something that bad I can always order it and have it in two weeks or so.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you.

My only other concern is that I'm pretty new to RC. My Rustler is my first car. While I was intimidated at first to work on it, I've now taken everything off except the servo and turns out, it was cake. The E4 looks much more intimidating, but I'm assuming it would be just as easy to figure out. What do you think about the complexity of the car?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thank you.

My only other concern is that I'm pretty new to RC. My Rustler is my first car. While I was intimidated at first to work on it, I've now taken everything off except the servo and turns out, it was cake. The E4 looks much more intimidating, but I'm assuming it would be just as easy to figure out. What do you think about the complexity of the car?
It is like most touring type cars. They are a little more complex than your standard offroad cars. Don't let it intimidate you. Go slowly and take your time. If you get stuck this forum is here to help you and anyone else.

Make sure you have a nice clean work area free of clutter. Makes working ont he car alot easier. Do a little at a time then take a break. Keeps you more refreshed alert while working on the car.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Those seem like really good tips. Sometimes I'll work on my Rustler for over an hour. Cleaning, replacing parts, etc. and it can be tiresome/aggravating. Maybe I'll keep that in mind next time; shorter work times.

Thank you Wyd. To you and the rest of the Castle team: Mad props. Thoroughly enjoying my MM ESC and motor.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Those seem like really good tips. Sometimes I'll work on my Rustler for over an hour. Cleaning, replacing parts, etc. and it can be tiresome/aggravating. Maybe I'll keep that in mind next time; shorter work times.

Thank you Wyd. To you and the rest of the Castle team: Mad props. Thoroughly enjoying my MM ESC and motor.
Not a problem. I try my best to help out.

If your new to touring cars in general being in a hurry will get you nothing but problems. Touring cars are a precision type of car and like to be treated as such. Take your time and do things correctly the first time will save you alot oa headaches later. What you get away with doing for lack of better terms "half ass" will not fly with touring cars.

Use the six P method: Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance (the 6 P's) You can apply this saying to almost anything. I learned that after being a little older now. Wish I would of applied this alot more when I was in my teens and early 20's.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

www.vgmodelbouw.nl sells stuf for TM in Holland
Has a lot in stock and what they don't have they can get in about a week

cheers Roy
Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I talked to a fellow racer that I knew had a milling machine. He is going to modify my Wolf Battery tray evey so slightly so it will allow for square battery cases like the SMC packs have and about 1mm wide overall. I could do it with a Dremel if I wanted but he can do it alot nicer than I can with the mill. Will have it Friday.

This will allow me more choices in batteries. Never a bad thing.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I talked to a fellow racer that I knew had a milling machine. He is going to modify my Wolf Battery tray evey so slightly so it will allow for square battery cases like the SMC packs have and about 1mm wide overall. I could do it with a Dremel if I wanted but he can do it alot nicer than I can with the mill. Will have it Friday.

This will allow me more choices in batteries. Never a bad thing.

Wyd,

2010 in my country LiPO will be allowed to race.

What is your opinion over the wolf aluminum battery tray ?, it allow to not add too much extra weight for LiPO minimum car weight ?. It worth it ?

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Wyd,

2010 in my country LiPO will be allowed to race.

What is your opinion over the wolf aluminum battery tray ?, it allow to not add too much extra weight for LiPO minimum car weight ?. It worth it ?

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
The Wolf tray is very nice. With the tray I'm just a tick over the ROAR weight limit which is 1420 grams. If I use the Orion 4800 Platinum lipo I think I'm at 1430 grams.

The nice thing with the Wolf battery tray is the extra weight is kept as low as possible on the car so handling is not affected like adding weight in some other places. Keeps all the weight located in the center of the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.