Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Guys,

I hope it's OK to post a for sale item here. If not apologies.

I have a brand new, unassembled E4 kit (the original version with the most aluminum parts, what Wolf Hobbies calls the 'limited edition').

I purchased the kit approx 5 weeks ago but am running in a 540 novice class and have decided to stick to 540 novice for a while to hone my skills (the E4 isn't permitted in novice). I have opened the box only but not assembled a thing, so it's absolutely brand new. I also purchased 2 new pairs of rear suspension arms which I am throwing in with the kit.

The car is located in Australia but I will include free shipping via airmail with insurance. Payment will be via paypal so it's secure.

All up, for the original E4 kit with an additional 2 pairs of rear arms, plus insured airmail shipping I am asking $390 US firm. This kit sells for $400 with no shipping and no additional spares, so this is a killer deal.

The first person to respond to this add get's it, so don't miss out. As I don't log into this forum often, please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks for looking and apologies again if I'm not supposed to post a for sale add here.

Steve
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I take back what I said about the E4 shocks being OK to build. I had the cap strip off on and thought it was only the cap but the threads on the shock body are stripped also. Not cross threaded but stripped.

I ordered new caps and built the shock but the cap just spun without engaging the threads.

Time for some nice Tamiya or TC5 shocks.
Whoa there man! Dont use the associated shocks , Their worse than most of them. The New Tamiya High Lubricity (hard annodized) shocks are as good or better than any available. As for the TM shocks ,,, Sounds like you just got a hold of a bad part.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Whoa there man! Dont use the associated shocks , Their worse than most of them. The New Tamiya High Lubricity (hard annodized) shocks are as good or better than any available. As for the TM shocks ,,, Sounds like you just got a hold of a bad part.
Hmmm.... Three out of four bad shock caps are not the odds I prefer.

Have you seen or set up the new AE shocks? They are awesome and I would rank them up there with the best. (New design, no longer emulsion type and they use a bladder too.)

I installed a set of spare Tamiya TRF shocks and the TM springs fit just fine. We'll see how it works tomorrow. So far the suspension seems to be a bit freer than with the older TM shocks.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I personally had a TC5 and I can tell you that the new shocks are terrible, they leak and you must check them often. I have an E4 for racing this year and I would have to say the the E4 shocks blow those out of the water. I have not had to do anything to mine since I put them togehter months ago, unless I am changing the oil. They have kept the set rebound very very well and have not had any leaks at all.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by katfish317
I personally had a TC5 and I can tell you that the new shocks are terrible, they leak and you must check them often. I have an E4 for racing this year and I would have to say the the E4 shocks blow those out of the water. I have not had to do anything to mine since I put them togehter months ago, unless I am changing the oil. They have kept the set rebound very very well and have not had any leaks at all.
+1
Old 02-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Are speaking of the new model E4 shocks as on the E4RS/FS or the older version. I have the older version and they built up nicely at first but it seems that the alloy is soft and the threads wore to the point where the caps are popping off. No, they weren't cross threaded it just seems as if they wore out. (You can see the patina of Al on the shock body threads.)
Old 02-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

I have the E4RS, they are great!! I may buy some to use on my TC5 for Foam, they are that good.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

I have the E4RS, they are great!! I may buy some to use on my TC5 for Foam, they are that good.
Aha! I have the older version. They were nice when new but not so good now. The alloy is a bit too soft and the threads are a bit too fine. After a couple rebuilds they're not staying together.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

1 create a setup sheet interactive for e4 sedan
Here is the link of the form:

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/team...SetupSheet.pdf

source:teammagice4.blogspot
Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nocif13

kewl.. thanks man.. I must of over looked that one. All I need now is a killer rubber carpet setup for a one way ... and the rest of the parts I ordered.. Hey wolf! Wheres my Lipo Tray !? U R KILLING ME HERE!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

you search a setup for carpet whis rubber and oneway?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

you search a setup for carpet whis rubber and oneway?
Ive been trying to embellish my 416 setup to my E4 but .. The geometry is too dissimmilar . And running round cells doesnt allow me to practice much. I've been waiting for a long time for me lipo tray...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Umm... what is that ? French ? Ok im lost ....
Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

What pisotns will work in the E4, I have seen where the Losi pistons were used, has anyone ever tried the Rpm two stage pistons in on road???
Are they worth messing with, I used them in off road and like them there just curious.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

What pisotns will work in the E4, I have seen where the Losi pistons were used, has anyone ever tried the Rpm two stage pistons in on road???
Are they worth messing with, I used them in off road and like them there just curious.
Hmmm.. not I think a good idea. Whats wrong with the stock pistons ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.