Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not to pick on you ...
But , this improves gas truck racing ?

How ?
By keeping the class in the races. Yes, they are using the class as a place to put the Brushless/Li-Po guys, but they're also filling up the GT class and (in their minds) ensuring an adequate turnout for this class. If this works, then I could see the class be renaimed as (or returned to the title of) 'Stadium Truck' as opposed to 'Gas Truck'.

The class is being dumped at more and more races due a 'percieved' lack of participation or interest. As pointed out previously, this is due to a Catch-22 cycle. Guys don't bother bringing their GT's because they fear a low turn out-----yet the low turnout is due to guys not bringing out their GT's...

I admit that the class will no longer be 'pure Gas Truck', but I'm glad it will at least remain in some form. I don't want to be limited to running my AD2 in parking lots and back yards!!!

Personally , I will never race my gas truck in the Pro series as the rules now are ....
Why?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Legend

Why not just kill the gas truck and be done with it ?

1/12th divided 1/10 gas truck last year and
soon 1/12th truggy`s...
More division O well...

Electric`s included now ? Only dilutes the class all the more ....

So....
Don`t blame the racer`s for not coming .....

Its the whole program !

These are the real reason`s for low turn out in 1/10th gas truck...
Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

I don't mind the Brushless/Li-Po electrics. At least they're still a 2WD 1/10scale stadium truck. The handling is similar. Their behavior on the track is similar. I wouldn't be surprised if this gas-brushless combined class is a temporary thing anyways. Brushless/Lipo will end up with their own class, and the brushed/NmH 'standard electric' class will die out. That's my prediction anyways...

The 1/12 scale CRT.5 trucks are a completely diferent animal. I don't care if thy physicaly are close in size, 4WD and 2WD don't mix on the track. The CTR.5 trucks should realy be in their own class.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Legend

I`m all for the brushless & 1/12ths and everything about um...

Just not at the expense of gas truck !

Only object to having a "class" verse "class" race program...

Would work better for me as a racer, if the two type design`s were scored seperate ...

Maybe more acceptable and also at same time, being interesting & fair ?

Thanks Eccentric for your view....
Old 02-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think this is a good thing. For one thing, the electric pro series is all but dead, so this is kind of a second chance for a few drivers. I know a lot of tracks around the country already combine the classes.
main advantage may come down to race length. for instance if you run an hour main how many times will you have to change your battery? and can you do this without thermaling a motor?

I know for one, I will be running an electric truck in this class this year.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Not to pick on you ...
But , this improves gas truck racing ?

How ?

Personally , will never race my gas truck in the Pro series as the rules now are ....
I noticed one thing constant with all smokers (nitro), they say they are the best, fastest and most fun, but when an electric comes to play they get defensive. Why is that? If they are the best and fastest, prove it. if they are more fun, kick back and have fun. Don't go home, or shun others, because you are afraid or don't understand. I have both and like a os.12 TZ might be too much for 90% of us there, a mamba max 5700 on 3s lipo is too much. I run a 4600 MM with 2s lipo in a T4 and its equal to my .12 TG powered GT2. What i'm saying is, if you want to run, run and have fun. Its not like we are going to get rich doing this
Old 02-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I race gas truck and BL ele truck.

Now to learn how to drive both at the same time!!!!!

I like both and don't want to have to choose which to race.

I WANT TO RACE BOTH!!!!!!!!!

Will call John Adams at Horizon to see if they are working on a Spektrum that can do this!!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by crazyjr
I noticed one thing constant with all smokers (nitro), they say they are the best, fastest and most fun, but when an electric comes to play they get defensive. Why is that? If they are the best and fastest, prove it. if they are more fun, kick back and have fun. Don't go home, or shun others, because you are afraid or don't understand. I have both and like a os.12 TZ might be too much for 90% of us there, a mamba max 5700 on 3s lipo is too much. I run a 4600 MM with 2s lipo in a T4 and its equal to my .12 TG powered GT2. What i'm saying is, if you want to run, run and have fun. Its not like we are going to get rich doing this

Just so you realize. There`s nothing here I don`t understand and I`m sure not afraid of discovering which class is faster or superior...

My only point is I hate even having to race another class of car`s with a my gas truck....

I just want to race my gas truck against other gas trucks.....
and

If I can`t, I won`t ....

Separate scoring would resolve everything for me however ,. hope the Pro series organizers`s can understand my feelings ....

I`m one racer, that does race a gas truck & electric just so you know...
Old 02-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Maybe ROAR will notice RC Pro Series attempt to save the dieing gas truck class and help with the future li-po brushless truck class together!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Just so you realize. There`s nothing here I don`t understand and I`m sure not afraid of discovering which class is faster or superior...

My only point is I hate even having to race another class of car`s with a my gas truck....

I just want to race my gas truck against other gas trucks.....
and

If I can`t, I won`t ....

Separate scoring would resolve everything for me however ,. hope the Pro series organizers`s can understand my feelings ....

I`m one racer, that does race a gas truck & electric just so you know...
My apologies, I wasn't implying that you were afraid or didn't understand, but those are the same responses of those who may be. "I refuse to run with another class" "I only run with Nitro's" Well, I prefer to run with electrics, because there is less BS involved. We've had to deal with you guys for acceptance. I remember 5 years ago, I couldn't run with the Nitro's, Because they said i was wasting my time and they wouldn't let me enter. I didn't care I wanted to run no matter if i died before the 7 minutes or not. Now that we are on level ground, More are worried that electric will take over (not saying you are afraid) but i see every time i run my T4. I say we all can run the same class, we electrics can pit (out of respect to you nitro guys) and we can pull up to 40 minutes on a charge so we can go as long as you. I say we stop the BS and let the chips fall and above all, have fun with what we prefer
Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I race both gas truck and modified truck and very much enjoy both of the classes. On club days I see no problem with a brushless/lipo guy running with us be it truck or buggy. We've lately been having some E-1/8 scales racing with us. I actually kind of enjoy it as it brings another sort of challenge to the table.

I don't think they should be mixed on a points series or trophy race though. Unless it's a class that you sign up for and they both have their separate classes as well. A 30 minute nitro race is as much about mechanical skill as it is about driving skill. An electric takes away to many variables that can keep one from finishing or not finishing.

But again,.. on club days I'm all for mixing of the classes, bring it on fellas. The only thing would suck for me is deciding to run my T4 or GT.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

I have GT2 and a T-4. I am a little faster with my GT2, but perfer and will race the T-4 because I don't have to worry about a pit man, flame outs and having to clean up that nasty GT2 after every run!

I don't have to worry about charging up the starter box battery, the R/X battery, the glow ignitor battery and if my temp gun is working along with somebody that knows how to tune it with a screw driver. Electric takes the aggravation factors out making it simple so I just have to worry about chassis tuning and learning the track!

Anybody want to buy a GT2 with only 3 races on it?
Old 02-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

GT2 and T4 here also. The electric seems way easier to drive to me. I can run the same line almost every lap and stay within 1-2 seconds on lap times. But with the GT2 it seems there is a lot more concentration involved. You have to really drive the truck around the track. The electric trucks seem more like a cadillac. The just go around the track easier to me.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Craps
I have GT2 and a T-4. I am a little faster with my GT2, but perfer and will race the T-4 because I don't have to worry about a pit man, flame outs and having to clean up that nasty GT2 after every run!

I don't have to worry about charging up the starter box battery, the R/X battery, the glow ignitor battery and if my temp gun is working along with somebody that knows how to tune it with a screw driver. Electric takes the aggravation factors out making it simple so I just have to worry about chassis tuning and learning the track!

Anybody want to buy a GT2 with only 3 races on it?

Well if you insist...$100.00 shipped to 95492 with engine&spares, and that's my final offer!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

I have both as well, I notice with the electric that there is no difference in weight transfer, or moving in weight distribution. With the GT2, I see there is a difference from start to end of a tank. To me that can be a disadvantage, with more powerful engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.