FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF >

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Old 10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cartix
Nice job 'speedmall'. This is what I did with mine for a TCS race in the late '90's. Interior with roll cage. 2nd place in concours.
That is a cool looking interior and exterior job you did! Part of what draws me into Tamiya stuff is their plastic modeling background, therefore allowing some realism into their RC kits...

My only gripe with their modern stuff is the packaging, I wish they would do the hand-drawn artwork on the white background that they used to do. I hate this photo-graphic stuff they do now...

Have you guys seen the driver of Tamiya's Thunder Dragon? The driver looks like a Zombie! Freaking cool!

Hey Chappy, what is a mini-body and cup racer body? Is it the Mini Cooper M02 stuff?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi All, Been trying to sell some of my collectibles lately but it seems the market is way off. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find ANY info on what a YRF2 chassis is worth? Can anybody give me a good starting point and a realistic value for a chassis in "good" condition. Chassis plate and suspension good but frt shock mount is broken with a crappy repair done. Appreciate the help.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, "realistic" value of a product is the value of that product. Now if it's worth more to the seller than the offers from the buyers, just keep it.

I've sold things too so I know how it feels. We sellers have an expected value of an item. Sometimes it surprises us that it's worth a lot more than we were planning to sell it for. However, in a free market, something is only worth as much as the next guy is willing to pay for it...

You might eventually be able to find someone out there that are willing to meet or exceed your expected amount, but how much patience do you have to wait for that chance to bump into them? That's your call...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79

Hey Chappy, what is a mini-body and cup racer body? Is it the Mini Cooper M02 stuff?
The mini body can be from the old Hpi mini RS4 or Tamiya mini cooper/M-chassis. The cup racers are the new cars that HPI just came out with.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedemall
The mini body can be from the old Hpi mini RS4 or Tamiya mini cooper/M-chassis. The cup racers are the new cars that HPI just came out with.
Yeah, what he said
Old 10-28-2009, 01:50 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chappy67
Has anyone brought this up yet?

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/32710/

Says it can be adjusted to work with mini bodies and cup racer size bodies. It is no Yokomo YR but looks like a good base for some cheap, fun driving.

Put it back down, put your hands in the air, turn around and run screaming away from it. They are terrible.

Have a read of the review on www.rc-mini.net if you dont believe me!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NT
Put it back down, put your hands in the air, turn around and run screaming away from it. They are terrible.

Have a read of the review on www.rc-mini.net if you dont believe me!
Well thats a bummer
Old 10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

That alfa you see in my pics is the same exact body as the Martini but my version BOSCH only came with the TL01 I have that Martini around here somewhere. It was driven by Larinni and Nannini and was the TA03F front engine car.I enjoyed building the Calsonic because the decals were small in quantity lol. Thats the only bad thing I found about some of these FF kits, way too many decals.

The martinis are not hard to get,there are 4 of the kits and a body set on this page
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
I should have mentioned that I'm not looking to spend $100-$177 on a body...

LOL

Also.. I'm looking for the one that came out before the Martini... the all red Alfa

this guy has 10 in stock.. but he's asking $89 each for them
Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by akura2

LOL

Also.. I'm looking for the one that came out before the Martini... the all red Alfa

akura2 YGM
Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by akura2

LOL

I thought about it when I saw that most of the bodies that I wanted were $75-$100 and came to the conclusion that Tamiya bodies do nothing but appreciate and become more rare as time goes on ,depending on condition of course. So if you keep the body in top shape you can sell it for the same price or more than what you paid for it originally. This has worked out for me when selling bodies in the past and I almost always made a profit or broke even. I know it hurts to put that much money on a body but the satisfaction you get when it's all painted and finished is worth it, for me anyway.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

So how old are these kits?

Also, do you guys think the standard configuration can take a 4300Kv sensorless brushless?

It's been fed by NiMH...
Old 10-30-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
So how old are these kits?

Also, do you guys think the standard configuration can take a 4300Kv sensorless brushless?

It's been fed by NiMH...
I believe the FF chassis began production in 1992-93 and ended in 1995-96. I would not attempt to install brushless into an FF chassis. It may be able to take it but only for a short time period. The plastic gears will eventually melt from the heat and fuse together resulting in trashed gears and possibly the entire front gear casing. If you do attempt this be sure to install a full set of ball bearings and be sure that your gear mesh is perfect. If steel gears were available for this chassis then I would say go for it. But since the car was not made for that type of power I wouldn't chance it. Just go with a lipo pack and a nice mod motor and you will see that it's more than fast enough,that's what I did.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

FF01 with a 13.5 runs well but with the gearing limitation it runs much awesome with a 10.5.
Actually prefer it as it doesnt wheel spin as much as the brushed motors did.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
FF01 with a 13.5 runs well but with the gearing limitation it runs much awesome with a 10.5.
Actually prefer it as it doesnt wheel spin as much as the brushed motors did.
X2 lol I agree with the wheel spin issue. I am constantly roasting the tires and have to slowly roll on the throttle to stop from doing so.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

I believe the FF chassis began production in 1992-93 and ended in 1995-96.

Thanks for the info guys!

What's funny is, I was heavily into RCing back in 1992 to 1993, but I guess that was when I didn't appreciate anything Tamiya did.

That was era when the Japanese RC makers seemed like they are behind the curve with how to make race-worthy vehicles, so I ended up ignoring Tamiya and Kyosho...

But it's crazy, outside the racing world, bashing (which is what I do now), these vehicles are so fun!

I probably didn't care too much for the JACCS or the PIAA Accord when it came out because I was driving a crappy Tercel in real life!

Only later when I got a 1997 Accord, I've been looking to get an Accord body for it...

I remember seeing an OLD HPI body that claimed "97 Honda Accord" but for some reason, I didn't see any resemblance...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.