Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I made them on a mill and lathe I will have them for sale in sept 2008.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am all for those rubber wheels on spec/stock racing. They LOOK SOOOOO COOOOOOLLLLL.

For mod, and even limited mod foam tires are the only way. For stock racing, rubber tires would wear longer and free the car up.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice!!! Sign me up for some when you are ready to sell.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a question that may or may not get some debate going...carbon fiber vs kevlar for chassis construction.

Carbon is lighter and more rigid than kevlar. Has anyone used kevlar layers in their carbon chassis? Or hybrid carbon/kevlar? There are some awesome hybrid material available...even colors.

If the cars are coming out lighter with the lipo...is there an advantage with added weight, flex or cost by using some or all kevlar in the new chassis? I think the flex could be kept out with a layer or two of carbon.

Just some food for thought....
Old 08-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by genesisG4
I have a question that may or may not get some debate going...carbon fiber vs kevlar for chassis construction.

Carbon is lighter and more rigid than kevlar. Has anyone used kevlar layers in their carbon chassis? Or hybrid carbon/kevlar? There are some awesome hybrid material available...even colors.

If the cars are coming out lighter with the lipo...is there an advantage with added weight, flex or cost by using some or all kevlar in the new chassis? I think the flex could be kept out with a layer or two of carbon.

Just some food for thought....
I have a quick answer for you, I tried it once, both the hybrid and the full Aramid/Kevlar material and found it to be unmachinable... You just cannot get a clear cut through Aramid fibers, you are only tearing them apart resulting in an extremely ugly edge (if you can call it that).

But maybe I was using the wrong tools ;-) you can allways try and let us know.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
I have a quick answer for you, I tried it once, both the hybrid and the full Aramid/Kevlar material and found it to be unmachinable... You just cannot get a clear cut through Aramid fibers, you are only tearing them apart resulting in an extremely ugly edge (if you can call it that).

But maybe I was using the wrong tools ;-) you can allways try and let us know.
yeah, that makes sense. I am not a composite guy but I have been involved in motorsports and another full size project that used carbon.
I am used to molds in the manufacturing process and not machining...I do know you can inlay kevlar but not sure if that helps or not.
If there was a way to manufacture...are there advantages to using kevlar in chassis construction? Cost savings, extra weight?
Old 07-24-2023, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question for you guys. I see that Fenix Racing has a LWB version of the G56 (possibly the G56.2) and was wondering, which bodyshells fit the long wheelbase version. Anyone know?
Old 07-24-2023, 06:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
Question for you guys. I see that Fenix Racing has a LWB version of the G56 (possibly the G56.2) and was wondering, which bodyshells fit the long wheelbase version. Anyone know?
All of the bodies on the market will fit the LWB vs SWB -- there is enough wiggle room.

LWB = 275mm
SWB = 264mm
Old 08-05-2023, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you guys are welcome over to Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion