Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdougie
In my experience with three different Associated 10L's back in the 90's the fiberglass chassis had more flex which worked better on low grip tracks. Plus the cost was lower too...lol
That is true, The chassis flex gives you more overall traction. As the cars progressed we have all found ways of genreating traction through suspension. Now when going to the stiffer chassis design with carbon fiber, you shed weight and can tune for super fast laps.

It seems that bruce went with the fiberglass car to continue a design he has been doing for years. He kept it fun and affordable. He went the extra mile on his formula car to compete with the rest of the companies.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Thats the next big change to occur in sedans. They will have to go to saddle lipo in order to get the best performance, balance and lighter weight.

This is why the BMI DB10R is designed to run 4 cell (Ideal), 7.4V or 3.7V saddle lipo (Ideal) and stick lipo (Less than Ideal). The problem with any stick Lipo pan car is that you will HAVE TO add weight to the side of the car opposite the speed control in order to balance the car.
Why does a LiPo saddle pack solve any balance problems? Are the packs not centered on the c/l of the chassis?

Are you also suggesting the the tc's will significantly lower the min weights in such a way to make NiMH obsolete?

Even if one needs to add weight, I can't see not being able to get a good balance and stay under the min's.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for helping me Pro ten Holland, this is my car. In the box there ir another one, used, but disassembled. as you can see It's like new.

I will take into accuont your words when I buy the brushless combo. Lots of thanks.

10th on-road seems to be an interesting scale.

Bye!
Attached Thumbnails Pro10 Class-rc10l.jpg   Pro10 Class-rc10l_box.jpg  

Last edited by Daniels; 03-23-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Images are too big
Old 03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

What we are looking at is not balance in general but balance with minimum overall weight and also keeping a good front to rear weight bias. A car that has a lower overall weight,good for and aft,and side to side balance will be at a huge advantage over a heavier car. Todays minimum weights are set due to standards based on nickle metal cells. When lipo takes over, minimum weights will drop so we dont need to add a ton of weights to the cars. Designs will conform and cars will change. Saddle packs are the way to go.

The only reason lipo packs are formed as stick packs right now is to help make the transition from nickle metal to lipo. When cars start to be designed around lipo, stick packs will be forgotten.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will let you know when I get the new CRC car. It looks as though it will be easy to balance. Having the reduced MOI with the battery stick on the c/l should make it quicker side-to-side. Whether this translates into a faster lap, we will see.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

I am sure it will be fine. You will need to add weight if you run brushless being that you will have that big old heavy speedo hanging off the side of the chassis but it will work.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Also keep in mind, 80% of rc racers do not attend large events. Most of these cars will run at local clubs that do not enforce weight limits. A lighter,balanced car will transition faster, and can be driven deeper into the corners than a heavier car. The heavier car will be at a disadvantage. If your club does enforce weight rules, then adding weight will be something that everyone has to do. Only thing is that most clubs just want attendance so they dont throw alot of rules around.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

I'm not trying to bash what you guys are doing, and don't want to start a huge stink here. Although I really don't understand the point of this class.. I've never raced them so maybe i'm really missing something. I guess I just don't understand having 2 1/12 scale classes.. When you say the setups work very simular. If you really want to race pan cars why not stil with 1/12 scale? This is a honest question not trying to flame or anything like that..
Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke81
I'm not trying to bash what you guys are doing, and don't want to start a huge stink here. Although I really don't understand the point of this class.. I've never raced them so maybe i'm really missing something. I guess I just don't understand having 2 1/12 scale classes.. When you say the setups work very simular. If you really want to race pan cars why not stil with 1/12 scale? This is a honest question not trying to flame or anything like that..
I'm kinda with you... However, I don't really get Trans Am either and it has taken off in a big way. I think the more realistic bodies and the fact that the 1/10th scale cars are a little easier to drive than the 1/12th scale cars will draw some people in that wouldn't have considered 1/12th. I hope the class takes off in popularity so I can run two classes and neither one of them will involve a TC
Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

I dunno i really enjoy running tc.. I enjoy the fact that they are so complicated, but I do understand why some wouldn't.. It just seems that one of the problems we have is way to many classes of the samething, and it seems like this would be repeating that same mistake..

I really enjoy running a 1/12 scale so I'm not a pancar hater.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dunno i really enjoy running tc.. I enjoy the fact that they are so complicated, but I do understand why some wouldn't.. It just seems that one of the problems we have is way to many classes of the samething, and it seems like this would be repeating that same mistake..

I really enjoy running a 1/12 scale so I'm not a pancar hater.

I don't hate TC's in the least... I have fun racing just about any RC car. The thing I've never understood is why the more expensive, slower, lesser handling, more comlicated cars became the most popular ones. The initial popularity of TCs probably had a lot to do with it simply being something new and the fact that you could drive them in a parking lot or your driveway much easier than a pan car. However, nowadays an overwhelming majority of TC cars will never see any surface that isn't a prepped RC track.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

speeds like a 12th scale, half the operating costs, a quarter the maintenance, realistic fun bodies and can handle 6 cells or lipo... what's not to love?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

A shameless little plug: #110 is my 10th scale pan thrust kit.

Oh man, even less maintenance!

Brian-Slapmaster Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

...I guess I just don't understand having 2 1/12 scale classes... If you really want to race pan cars why not stil with 1/12 scale? This is a honest question not trying to flame or anything like that..
For me, 1/12 is great indoors. But the GT10/Pro10 class should be better for the HUGE outdoor facilities that I race at in the warmer months. Places like Blue Diamond, DE are so big that 1/12 disappear on the back stretch. poof vanished
Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am tired of TCs. Complicated cars, not energy efficient, lots of mantainance. Not for me anymore, I raced them for 6 years and had enaugh.

Pro 10 are about the same sice, only the rear looks sexier because of the huge wheels. Batteries last longer, mantainance is easier, dont cost a fortune and are great for big outdoor tracks.

1/12 is a great class too but there is no scale realism, and as fast as it can be, it is not the best deal for big outdoor tracks.

Anyway, lets hear about some testing first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.