Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Hi Guys,
I got my LE built, but have some questions. I apologize if they've been covered before, but there are a lot of pages to cull through on this thread.

On the set up sheets that can be found on the CRC website, there are some adjustments that aren't mentioned in the instruction manual that came with my kit:

Rear end Droop: - how do you adjust droop on this car?
Rear steer: ?? this isnt' an oval car. Why is it on the setup sheet. I must be missing something?
Front end Upper Arm Length: I only had one set of upper arms to choose from. What is the adjustment?
Front end Chassis Stiffener: what is this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
Decided to fit wide Troy front plate.

1.Does the CRC part number 72 the risers go underneath the plate.
2.I also noticed it is not possible to use the long wheel base hole as bottom wishbone will foul the center screw. is this correct
3.On set up im using the zero caster blocks with all washers to rear , I also have 10 degree blocks .What would you use and position of washers with wider front end.
4.Ive been using white side springs , my car also has the losi original shock with a gold spring

Plus a stupid question ,the wide bottom front plate does it go with the metal insert up ,I guess it does.
IS THIS SETUP FOR CARPET OR ASPHALT?

1. PART NO 72 IS NOT NEEDED WITH SMALLER FRONT TIRE SIZING. BUT, YOU MAY WANT TO USE IT WITH LARGER TIRES.
2. USING THE LONG WHEELBASE POSITION WITHOUT ISSUE HERE. DOES FLIPPING THE TROY PLATE OVER FROM FRONT TO BACK ELIMINATE YOUR ISSUE? SEEMS I HAD TO DO THAT.
3. USING 10 DEGREE BLOCKS. 1 WASHER TO FRONT/2 TO REAR FOR MOST SETUPS.
4. I GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN RED AND WHITE REAR SPRINGS. DEPENDS ON THE CONDITIONS. FOR CARPET, I ALWAYS USE 1/12TH KINGPINS AND
#50 OR #55 1/12TH SPRINGS.
5. METAL INSERTS SHOULD BE INSERTED FROM THE TOP SIDE OF TROY'S WIDE BOTTOM PLATE. AND THEN BE SECURED WITH A FH SCREW THROUGH THE CHASSIS PLATE FROM THEIR BOTTOM SIDE.

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ground-round
Hi Guys,
I got my LE built, but have some questions. I apologize if they've been covered before, but there are a lot of pages to cull through on this thread.

On the set up sheets that can be found on the CRC website, there are some adjustments that aren't mentioned in the instruction manual that came with my kit:

Rear end Droop: - how do you adjust droop on this car?
Rear steer: ?? this isnt' an oval car. Why is it on the setup sheet. I must be missing something?
Front end Upper Arm Length: I only had one set of upper arms to choose from. What is the adjustment?
Front end Chassis Stiffener: what is this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
ADJUST REAR DROOP BY SCREWING/UNSCREWING THE BALL END ON THE SHOCK SHAFT. SHORTER IS LESS/LONGER IS MORE.

PUTTING THIN WASHERS UNDER BOTH FRONT BALLENDS OF THE SIDE LINKS CREATES REAR STEER IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. CONVERSELY, PLACING THOSE SAME WASHERS UNDER THE REAR BALLENDS CAN CALM THE CAR WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MUCH STEERING.

OPTIONAL LONG UPPER ARMS ARE AVAILABLE. THEY DECREASE THE AMOUNT OF CAMBER CHANGE AS THE FRONT SUSPENSION GOES UPWARD.

THE "CHASSIS STIFFENER" WAS FOR THE OLDER GEN-X 10 PRO CHASSIS. I DON'T USE IT ON MY LE CHASSIS; BUT, TOP FRONT BRACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM AFTERMARKET COMPANIES TO STIFFEN UP THE FRONT END.

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

You guys are keeping me from working on my cars...Are you locals? LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
hey bill i nearly ordered another right side mount for my le but couldn't figure out how it could work,the recess for the ride height spacer are on opposite sides for left and right,if you have two rights they ride height spacers would both mount in from the right side,would this then let the whole axle assembly pop out once pressure was applied from the left side.or do you flip it up side down
there is probably some thing I'm missing,i hope as i would really like to up grade the rear pod to some thing stronger.
EDIT. after close inspection of my car i realise the motor plate is recessed both sides
You are the first person to discover the answer on your own...Good job! LOL

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Thanks, Bill. That helped a lot. No get back to wrenching.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

No problem. I am a tad crazed about the WGT 1S class on both carpet and asphalt. But, did initially setup my first Gen-X 10 with a 2S/13.5 setup; so, I can relate to the racers in New Zealand too.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Speaking of Kiwi's, we had another race meet on the weekend. It was more of the same really, getting pasted by the X-Ray's. It did get better during the day though. I have confirmed a few things, as I swapped cars with a mate for a play.
His X-Ray was PLANTED in the corners, and consistent throughout the track, fast and slow sections. It was easy to give it a nudge before the car was square, and had just a little push which was a nice change from my over-steer.
Looking at his car, he has a TON of rear droop, so I may have to try that. Also, I haven't got the Encore shock yet, still running the big fatty. That has to go I think.
I'm also considering the amount of ackerman I run. I have a mini servo angled and spaced off the mounts by 2mm, and currently have the ball studs on the back of the saver. This leaves the arms a little swept back, but not massive. Does anyone have a top-down pic of their servo set-up?
I recon i'm losing about 2 seconds a lap by not being ablet o get on the power, which is a lot over a 24 second lap. Any more ideas?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JR007
Speaking of Kiwi's, we had another race meet on the weekend. It was more of the same really, getting pasted by the X-Ray's. It did get better during the day though. I have confirmed a few things, as I swapped cars with a mate for a play.
His X-Ray was PLANTED in the corners, and consistent throughout the track, fast and slow sections. It was easy to give it a nudge before the car was square, and had just a little push which was a nice change from my over-steer.
Looking at his car, he has a TON of rear droop, so I may have to try that. Also, I haven't got the Encore shock yet, still running the big fatty. That has to go I think.
I'm also considering the amount of ackerman I run. I have a mini servo angled and spaced off the mounts by 2mm, and currently have the ball studs on the back of the saver. This leaves the arms a little swept back, but not massive. Does anyone have a top-down pic of their servo set-up?
I recon i'm losing about 2 seconds a lap by not being ablet o get on the power, which is a lot over a 24 second lap. Any more ideas?
I assume that you are using the Gen-X 10 Pro...not the LE.

Is everyone using the same tires? What are they? Maybe someone will know them.

Have you tried a 1mm washer under the rear ballstud of the side links to lessen the oversteer?

Which ackerman hole are you using?

What servo? What servo saver?

My steering links are always slightly swept back (to the outside). Ball studs are on the front side of the servo saver...No spacers between servo and its supports.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been trying to find a picture of the yet to be released CRC Mercedes WGT body. Been looking through the IIC thread but no luck.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
I've been trying to find a picture of the yet to be released CRC Mercedes WGT body. Been looking through the IIC thread but no luck.
Wouldn't you look in the CRC website at www.teamcrc.com?

No worry...It's not there yet...Maybe John or Dumper will chime in.

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JR007
Also check the sidelinks and front upper suspension arms if you have not already done this. Remove the front springs. The upper front arm should fall down under it's own weight. make sure the side links are almost falling under it's own weight as well but without having slop in them. The longer side links are great for adjusting either slop or binding. I found with someone elses car that with the short links with the ballcups that it would bind horribly. Could you descrive your setup here?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Also check the sidelinks and front upper suspension arms if you have not already done this. Remove the front springs. The upper front arm should fall down under it's own weight. make sure the side links are almost falling under it's own weight as well but without having slop in them. The longer side links are great for adjusting either slop or binding. I found with someone elses car that with the short links with the ballcups that it would bind horribly. Could you descrive your setup here?
When you check this, make sure that your that you are only testing this under the rear pod plate weight. Remove the bulkheads, and motor from the equation by removing them.

Ensure that lower plate movement is bind-free without the weight of the bulkheads or motor.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

Picked up a GENX10 (non LE) second hand and ran it for the first time on sunday. Loved every minute of it! Couple of breakages but nevermind.
Used Hupos setup and it handles like a dream!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Running the original Gen-X, but with long side links. It's all free and not binding, i've paid a lot of attention to that before the last meet.
I think I will try washers under the rear ballstuds. How thick are the washers to use?
w.r.t. ackerman, When I look straight down, I don't have a lot at all. Because the arms also sweep up, it's a bit deceiving if you don't look straight down! Perhaps a bit more ackerman may help with my aggressive steering.
For tires, i've run quite a few combo's. Yesterday we were all running Exceed pink rear and purple fronts for most of the day. I've also got silver rears, green rears, Frewer purple fronts, and Frewer red fronts.
It is getting better I think, just not there yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.