Wiki Posts
Search

Twister foam tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer Z
Twister tires helped me pull off a second place finish at 301 this past weekend with a fast lap of 20.8 and a 15 lap run These tires are awesome. Plenty of stability and corner speed was out of this world!! Thank you Twister!!
Great run at 301 over the weekend Melvin. Congrat's on your 2nd place finish. I'm thinking about switching to twister tires. See you in a couple weeks.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
If kevin is the guy you are talking about then he must think the mtx3 used the normal rim, not 2mm offset. I do not think the mugen uses a 2mm offset, but I could be wrong. What is boils down to is this. If you want 2mm offset get the kyosho style rim and make sure to order the 2mm offset in the rear. If they are not 2mm offset, then order the serpent style rim. All the mugen sedan cars I have seen people drive have used serpent style rim.

Hope this helps.

DJ Apolaro
Mugen MTX4 uses 0mm offset. When I ran the MTX3 I don't remember having to buy 2mm offset.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Great run at 301 over the weekend Melvin. Congrat's on your 2nd place finish. I'm thinking about switching to twister tires. See you in a couple weeks.
Thanks Steve!! I saw your run with your car also. If it wasn't for a little bad luck I know the result would have been much better!! Twister tires have been working well for me!! They feel the same tall or small which helped my lap times a lot!!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racer Z
Thanks Steve!! I saw your run with your car also. If it wasn't for a little bad luck I know the result would have been much better!! Twister tires have been working well for me!! They feel the same tall or small which helped my lap times a lot!!
Thanks Melvin. The car was good. Driver made some mistakes. Well, I ordered a box full of Twister tires yesterday. See you on the 18th at 301.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRW141
Thanks Melvin. The car was good. Driver made some mistakes. Well, I ordered a box full of Twister tires yesterday. See you on the 18th at 301.
Sounds good!!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Twister Tires-USA TQ's both Sedan and 1/8 scale at the 2008 Region 4 Championships this past weekend at the Homestead RC Raceway in Miami Fl. Twister tires also takes the Sedan A main and records the fastest laps in 1/8 scale. Thanks to Twister Tires-USA for the great support.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Twister Tires-USA TQ's both Sedan and 1/8 scale at the 2008 Region 4 Championships this past weekend at the Homestead RC Raceway in Miami Fl. Twister tires also takes the Sedan A main and records the fastest laps in 1/8 scale. Thanks to Twister Tires-USA for the great support.

DJ Apolaro
Thats flying!! Make sure I get that set-up lol. Twister is the way to go. Looks like its only going to get better!!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default order?

guys,

I'm planning to switch from jaco 40 front 42 rears to twister tires, so using 37 front and 40 rears is the best way to go? I saw this from dj's set-up, and if I order today, do you guys think they could ship it by monday or tuesday using usps (florida to new jersey)? I need it for capitol classics. ty guys
Old 05-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

You are really cutting it close. The best advice I have is to order from the web site and put special instructions for the shipping. You will have to register, but that is easy.

www.twistertiresusa.com

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP
guys,

I'm planning to switch from jaco 40 front 42 rears to twister tires, so using 37 front and 40 rears is the best way to go? I saw this from dj's set-up, and if I order today, do you guys think they could ship it by monday or tuesday using usps (florida to new jersey)? I need it for capitol classics. ty guys
I'm running 40/42 at 301 on my Serpent. Twister have worked awesome.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP
guys,

It shouldn't take more than 2 days for shipping. However, I would suggest that you have it shipped to one of the hotels near the track in Waldorf, MD. I actually had mine shipped to the hotel on Wednesday and the box arrived there today. They're good at holding boxes for you. Here's where I have mine shipped to all the time:

C/O GUEST: GUY HOOD
COMFORT SUITES
11765 BUSINESS PARK DR
WALDORF MD 20601

BTW, you can run softer shore tires when switching, as the Twister rims are stiffer. For me, they haven't worn any faster, even with the softer shore.