2003 ROAR Paved On-Road Electric Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 ROAR Paved On-Road Electric Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 11:14 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Charlie: My on-track reporter for this one is Brad Johnson (look for him at the top of the Stock class ). He's going to give me cell updates at the end of each round, and I will get them up here.

I don't have anybody doing photos though, and of course any other information is appreciated.

I was originally planning on attending this race, but my employers had other ideas. heh
Old 06-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I heard from Mo Denton (A-Main 12th scale stock ROAR Carpet Nats) that the infield is very techincal and there are 29 turns on the layout!!!! Now thats how a Nats course thats running 12th scale should be!!!

Go Speedmerchant!!!

Ray
Old 06-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The track has alot of turns, however its pretty fast almost like a gas track (alot of fast corners and very flowing).

The track temp has been around 150 degrees (well over the cs-27's ideal range) so finding a way to get traction and make it last the entire 5 minutes without burning up your tires has been a challenge in sedan so far.

as far as radio problems some guys have been having them (espically at the far corners of the track) however most have been solved at this point.

So far the only factory team to have arrived is Xray, i expect that the rest of them will be here tommorow (Weds).

Although i havent seen all of the time sheets, Alex Lopez is looking very good with his Xray in stock sedan and Andrew Gray has been very fast in mod sedan with his losi. controlled practice starts thursday so thats when offical times will start (although they are doing lap times for people with personals)
Old 06-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Charlie, Don (track owner) has been doin all he can about the "radio" problems. And alot of it has been solved. There are still a relatively few that may experience the "problems" though. Andrew had the problem on 75 band, but switched to 27 and it all went away. Having raced at this track just about every race weekend since they opened up last year, I've maybe only experienced it 5% of the race days. Alot can be attributed to the Stock motors. I can run one Monster Stock with No Glitching, but switch to another and have Glitching. And the main problem areas were the far corners. But once again, alot of these problems have been solved. Don has done a hard and great job working with this issue.

As for pictures Futureal, I can easily supply those. I'll just have to shrink them down to size. What image size do you recommend for me to post here?

Anyhow, let me go. Trying to hook up my new ESC. L8Rz

Jimmy Mac
Old 06-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Charlie
So who is the "track" reporter at this race? I have lots of cell phone numbers for folks attending, we could just start calling them for updates, here I'll post them here and you guys can call them all when ever you want!!!

Here they are

714-539-ITSA

949-552-Joke

I've heard from a few guys. I guess it's hot there. Mid ninetys and humid. Other than that no track reports.
mid 90s and humid, cant wait.

anyone interested in the fishing report can contact Steve Wang directly.... Cudas are in the water.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by futureal
R/C Tech will have coverage of the race beginning with the conclusion of the practice rounds on Thursday. Real qualifying then begins on Friday, with the mains (Triple A format) on Sunday.

Stick to this thread for updates.
Future,

Is you system setup for blogging?
Old 06-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Hey MD...good luck to you, Speedtech and to Red Bull FIx!!
Old 06-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rto997
Hey MD...good luck to you, Speedtech and to Red Bull FIx!!
Thanks Rich.... gotta get going the G4 leaves LAX in a couple hours. It will be flowin' with red bull and vodka. Gotta get Steve a little snookered. He doesnt fly too well.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Nats

I haven't stopped by this site in many months. Thanks for info and updates on the nats. My son is attending, I spoke to him for a few minutes today and he mentioned having problems on the 75 mhz band. I think Robert with KO helped him find a freq that solved glitching problems. My son mentioned something about powerlines overhead that may be causing problems.

Our local hobby shop held the region 9 on-road elect regionals last month and used the CS27 hand-out tires. Air temps were in the mid 90's and track temps up to 145. This tire is not suited for high temps and lap times were a little lower than what we are used to using a harder tire. Hope they can make the best of it and have fun along with some good competition.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:31 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by MDawson
Future,

Is you system setup for blogging?
As in, can individual people make log entries on the main page? The short answer is no, the long answer is sort of. I am in the middle of implementing my own such system.

If you mean something different, then maybe I can explain in more detail.

Man, wish I was at that race.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

The update.

.sitting in dallas at the airport eating $3 jimmy dean microwave sausage muffins. No real food insight for miles
.we managed to get thru airport screening ok with 75lbs of rc gear. The security guy asked steve if he was a technician, he said he was a rc racer..... That conversation took 20min
.got the hookup. We actually got upgraded to first class, no joke. I might want to trade that in for a bump up in the main.

2.5 hours till nc.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good Luck to all Attending..........

I wish I was there to announce, if nothing else. Hopefully my boys can bring the titles back to the Buckeye State. Go Mo Denton, and Chris Doseck!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Guys. Keep on with them updates MD. How was the flight? LOL ! So what did steve really do for the upgrade?

When we fly for racing, the stuff is always, electronic test equipment..... No sir, no oils, sprays, or fuels inside....
Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

CypressMidWest: I really think the Stock title is comming to FLA.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Fred, are you going?
nope...not this year, we are EXTREMELY busy with projects.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.