Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is this normal....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default is this normal....

i had my lrp .28 zspec sitting for about a month.

i started it the other day and just revved it for about 2 mins. i did that for 3 days in a row (about 6 mins run time total, went through approx 75cc of gas total)

then i notice theres a little fuel coming out the muffler..so i tipped it back and forth to get it to all run out and a small chunk or something covered in orange fuel came out... along with about 15cc of gel like, thick, unburnt fuel.... what would be the cause of that? is it because i keep it in a cold garage, or is it too rich or what?

thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Find out what that chunk is. As for the gel its just coagulated fuel and oil. Keeping the car in the garage isnt a problem, but dont store the fuel there. the fuel will soak up any moisture vapor and it wont run very good anymore.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

the chunk was like solidified fuel or something.. it was pretty small.

i keep the gas in a cold garage, it doesnt have any condenstaion because i squeeze it then screw the cap on. so theres no air in the bottle, just fuel.

why was there that munch fuel in the pipe though? was it maybe from the last time i ran it? it just seems weird that i burnt 75 or so ccs of fuel and 15 ccs came out the exhaust, in a thick, orange liquid.