Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
DIGITAL OR ANALOG >

DIGITAL OR ANALOG

DIGITAL OR ANALOG

Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

with a 20 gram difference using twin BLS451's in the NT1, my philosophy is just drive the car clean consistant and only good things can happen....
Old 02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

darn server

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 02-02-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
I did say drivetrain, i guess i have to further elaborate, but then again even if i did, you're always right Scott.
You are right, you did say drivetrain. I only caught the screws and pillow balls. Sorry about that. I was WRONG.

You can try and play things off with the comment of "you're alway right. It doesn't change the facts. These servos are of different weights and what you quoted about the difference was incorrect. It is also a fact that all other things staying the same if you increase the power/weight ratio the car will be faster.

Feel free to point out anything else I have said that is incorrect as you did before.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cdelong
I'd settle for a few glowplugs. They don't survive the bench break in too well.

I'll wait for you "pro's" to get the M3 sorted out and buy the "upgrade" version next year

If you are waiting for me to sort out the M3, you will be waiting for a very long time. I am pretty sure I am going to wait until all of E. Rocha's heroes sort out the car.

At least the glowplugs are easy to find. I think Kamikaze sells them, just don't ask them how much they weigh
Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think the platinums weight less?? I think I should run a #6 cause the wire is smaller (and lighter).....
Old 02-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

You people make baby Jesus cry. First thing I see saturday from the rc world is bickering about things that aren't even important. The thread is servos digital vs analog. what part of your always right blah blah blah, have to do with the thread. If you ppl want to bitch about things, do it in PM because there are people that actually want to talk about issues that matter. and stop being pricks to scott. He voiced his opinion just like everyone else is allowed to. I doubt any of you have won a national race.. what you don't think about, is racing is 70% mental. If you think the car is faster with X/Y part and your a decent driver it will probably actually help you because your using what is called PMA. Positive mental attitude. If your confident about your gear you will do better.. so do what it is that makes YOU happy and try not to get lost in your own bs.

-Cheers,

Patrick
Old 02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

I think the platinums weight less?? I think I should run a #6 cause the wire is smaller (and lighter).....
would you be my VRC arch enemy corey? lol
Old 02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
would you be my VRC arch enemy corey? lol

possibly...

I'm struggling with all the new tweaks on my new Futaba 3PKS. If I had my old Helios I'd have hit 45 in the first few days. I don't practice at all- just log in and go.... hence all the DNF runs. I have a 45 lapper in me if the AI cars would get out of the way. I just missed it by .3 seconds getting cut off at the line.

Brian is awesome... 50 laps
Old 02-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

possibly...

I'm struggling with all the new tweaks on my new Futaba 3PKS. If I had my old Helios I'd have hit 45 in the first few days. I don't practice at all- just log in and go.... hence all the DNF runs. I have a 45 lapper in me if the AI cars would get out of the way. I just missed it by .3 seconds getting cut off at the line.

Brian is awesome... 50 laps
yeah, thats just nuts lol.. my best laps strung togather wouldn't come close.. but I also struggle a lot on VRC because there is no periferal vision, and depth perception is lacking for me.. those random other cars don't help.. maybe we should put them on expert level so they are faster and easier to pass lol.. and I won't lap them every 5-6 laps or whatever.. I just try to keep the 1/8th scale on its wheels lol.. I run nitro touring pretty much exclusively, I would be a lot faster if I had front brakes lol.. struggle with the braking with the 8th scale.. .. but if I move to costa mesa I might get the new mugen or something..I have a feeling that the guys that I run with won't be happy I am playing this game.. I am getting faster lol, BTW I am the guy RIGHT behind you in 1/8th scale at the fort lol..

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 02-02-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by E.Rocha
Scott
when the last time you win major race with all fast drivers?
you too much concern on weight and too much talk, I guaranty you still not faster.
When was the last time you spelled something right? I bet scott is faster than you and your noob sauce.... Take a walk and come back when you can contribute something to the conversation...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
E. Roch 36 posts = 36 stupid posts!!!! Dude are you retarded or just bored, what have you won? 3rd grade spelling be or nothing ..............I'm guessing!!!!

Go away!!!!
Well said Brad! Sometimes the way to deal with people like that is to not compete with them at all. Just my two cents.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

ok, back to the topic of servos: is there a benifit to having a analog throttle servo? what does one want to look for in a throttle servo in a 1/10 touring car? more torque? more servo speed? or a good mix? im pretty settled on buying the BLS451 for steering, what should I do for throttle?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badKarma
ok, back to the topic of servos: is there a benifit to having a analog throttle servo? what does one want to look for in a throttle servo in a 1/10 touring car? more torque? more servo speed? or a good mix? im pretty settled on buying the BLS451 for steering, what should I do for throttle?
IF there is a benefit to having an analog servo, the only benefit I am aware of is reliability. Digital servos "check" their and adjust their position 3x as often as an analog servo. When you hit the brakes hard you are in effect stalling the servo. Stalling all servos is not great for them, but for digitals it is worse because of what I said a few lines above. If you run a one way front you will never use that much brakes. If you run a solid, make sure you set your brakes to not lock up the front wheels and you should be OK. I have been running a digital throttle/brake for over a year now but before that I would only run an analog servo in that position. When digitals were fairly new (about 5-6 years ago) I did blow a digital servo running throttle/brake in an offroad buggy. It was a fairly common happening. It seems as though the servo manufacturers have improved their products, but analog is not a bad way to go on throttle/brake.

Higher speed and torque is never a bad thing. Up until just recently the airtronics 94737 servo was an extremely popular servo for throttle. I still have 3 of them sitting on the bench. Its specs were: .12 sp with 70 oz of torque.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
The only benefit to having analog servos for the throttle is they seem to hold up better, I know that quite a few people posting in this thread have said that they have no problems using digital servos for the throttle..I have not had much luck using them. I use an Airtronics 94357 analog servo, It has held up very well in this application..It's spec's are 125oz of torque and the speed is .07, It does not seem to fade in longer races. I like to use a faster servo for the throttle (you can slow a servo down with most of the better radios on the market) I look at it as another tuning tool, if the traction is down you can always slow the servo down..If you have a slow servo you cant make it faster..For digital servos their are quite a few good ones on the market. The only drawback to using a analog throttle servo is if you use a Futaba radio you cant use the HRS mode (fail safe). I use Digital steering servos and Analog throttle servos, it's just my choice but it works for me and thats all that matters to me, Scott their are quite a few people who have won major races on this board....
Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Oasis:

I will clarify that comment:

When you look at the number of people that post on this board, a low percentage of them are major race winners. There are a lot of race winners that do post sometimes, but most of the people on this board have not won any major events.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.