Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation RAMS Entry Form

attached is the Entry Form PDF for the RAMS 40th Anniversary Race

this is the corrected version!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2008124102627_RAMS40eform.pdf (62.0 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by apposite; 01-24-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Attenion all racers, the late fee for the first class is $55 NOT $65, typo error.

Hello Clark, I would like to thank you for all your time and for bailing me out so quickly last night. I know you stayed up till at least 2:00 am for this. I owe you big time, your the man.

Billy B.

www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Clark and Billy.

For those of you who don't know - Billy "Hollywood" Bowerman was the guy who brought the RAMS back from the "brink" of extinction in 1989 - 1992. He was a one man mission - once he joined with Mike Alton - the RAMS sprang back to life. I would like to personally thank Billy and Mike (and many others who pitched in, Bud K) for what they did in the early years of the Next Generation of the RAMS - thanks guys. Give these guys a hearty "thank-you" when you see them at this event.

How fitting that Billy is Race Managing this event with the RAMS. The guy is a class act. Now, we have to get the Kanemotos and the entire Alton gang to race in our "special" event race.

Hi Scott, yep, the "little" cars can run

Rich
Old 01-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Francis, l was running 42's last year, and I was still traction rolling on some corners. I will most likely use 45's for this year.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jfro6512
Francis, l was running 42's last year, and I was still traction rolling on some corners. I will most likely use 45's for this year.

Thanks....
Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Suspended

YLLIB, that is some funny stuff on your web, lmao. You already have 2 entries, I will bet 50, 75, 100 entries in no time. Nice promote on the RAMS and your place at speedworld. I have heard and read nothing but good things about you and your track, now I see why. I will sign up next week when I come down to race my first 1/10 scale nitro at your track, it is awesome. Is there going to be a lot of your guys at this race?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup, just signed up and got those days off. Can't wait!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im really excited about this race! 1/8th scale Serpent guys IM for a good beginning setup for this is my home track
Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Rich: thanks for the kind words and being a friend for over 15 years.

I would like to special thank Bill McAllister and Jeff Atchison for their part on helping putting the RAMS back together again after a layoff from all the equipment and trailer being stolen and the club was left with absolutely nothing. Bill, Jeff and I put our heads together; some personal funds and I went out and found a spot at Measurex parking lot where I worked to hold the races to reunite the RAMS club. But, it really did not stop there, putting the club back together, some money and time really was not the difficult part, it was too keep the club moving forwards, because at that time I was just going to get married and moving away. The major back bone that kept this club alive was some of the best people you would ever, ever meet, my friends, Mike Alton and family, Rich Browne, Jay and Bud Kanemoto, Jim Atkins, Scotty Kimbrough and I am sure there is some I missed, but it was these guys that put their heart, passion and personal funds at times that keep one of or if not the longest existing clubs in the country today, the RAMS.

I am honor to host this event and to be part of this 40th Anniversary event.
I sure wish I was racing, LMAO or am I crying...

Clark: Thank you, you are the man for helping me in a mayor bind last night, the flier is up and I have made copies from my original and sent out to the RAMS today for this weekend racing.

NitroBaller: I think SpeedWorld/RiverCityRC racing family might just have about 8 or 12 1/10 guys show up for this event, that will be a nice showing from SpeedWorld/RiverCityrc team.

Let's go racing at the 40th anniversary race
Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

The race schedule itinerary is up and the racers participants list is already started for 40th event. Go to www.speedworldraceway.com under RAMS 40th Anniversary for information. I will be putting up more information for this race in the next week.

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-24-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

RACERS: If you need to send your equipment ahead of time too the shop, go to the web and find out how to do that or whatever else you need.

RACERS: I could rent tables and chairs for around $25 for the race, I will have to check on that price. So if any of you out of towners need tables and chairs e-mail me asap. I will make sure it is all taken care of for you guys. I want you guys to all come to this race and have FUN!!!!!!

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-24-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Sounds like you have a good team YLLIB!!! Do you have any fast locals that run a MTX4? I need a good setup for your track and RAMS? Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great job Billy. We at the Rams club are very happy with our decision to have billy run this race for us. You have really taken charge and got this thing rolling. Great job buddy. This will be an event you won't want to miss.

Jason MacDonald
Rams President
Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
RACERS: If you need to send your equipment ahead of time too the shop, go to the web and find out how to do that or whatever else you need.

RACERS: I could rent tables and chairs for around $25 for the race, I will have to check on that price. So if any of you out of towners need tables and chairs e-mail me asap. I will make sure it is all taken care of for you guys. I want you guys to all come to this race and have FUN!!!!!!
Billy,
I need tires for this event in a BAD way. I know you're our JACO hookup, so can you set aside 12 sets of 38 shore (8th) for me.

Get me on your list before you sell out!!!!

If anyone else needs tires for this event, nows the time to pre-order!!!!!

Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Hello bsmooth, Yea I am trying to get a order in 3 weeks, but I have to pay euro and our dollar is weAk, so I am having a little trouble on pricing.
I am ordering no matter what so I have you down and will have tires for you, thanks

[B]I will be ordering abour 300 1/8 scale mugen/kyosho/serpent and about 300 1/10 scale. If anybody needs tires for this race, please let me know asap and I will deliver them at the race Friday morning for you. Like I said, I will be ordering Febuary 15 and no later. I am trying to get the best price for you racers.

JACO 1/8 complete set tires $26.00 38,40 42 shore
JACO 1/10 complete set tires $22.00 38, 40 shore

please call asap guys if you really need tires at this price, best I can do.
Thanks Billy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.