Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 2.4Ghz Problems - Help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

PS:
Hope you fix this Dennison and hope to see you again on the Latin cup on P.R.
we meet on IV Latin American cup last year on Barceloneta raceway on P.R.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRGTR
Yes call Futaba my best friend on P.R. Hector purchase this new futaba 2.4 module and futaba need to replace it 2 timas for similar problems, my 2.4 module(airtronics) does not have those problems in fact Hector's module start with this problem on the first race he start to use the module, he send it to service with futaba and the second one that they replace is working fine now.
I did call yesterday, but they obviously requested that I send in the radio and modules for repairs with a 7 day turn around, not including shipping time. Anyway, I decided to explore my theory abit more in that, I knew it had to be coming from the headset after the testing I did. I am happy to say I found the problem!!!!

Visited a local hobby with all the components after work and needless to say, hooked everything up and it worked perfectly!! (you know how it goes, visit the doctor and the pain stops)

Anyway, I know I am not going carzy (just yet) and had to figure out what was going on. So while I am explaining to the guys what's going on, I started giving my radio some small taps at the base I notice the LED's flashing on the RX and the same problem came back. We then took my module out and placed it in a new radio . Again, it worked perfect until we started tapping the radio. (small taps off course) This confirmed it was the module.

I know that meronr suggested the antenna cable inside the TX, but it was not that. It seem to be the upper circuitry deck in the module that modulates the frequency (adjusting dial on the module) which is held to the lower deck by "plug in pins" I took this out and fit it back in snugly.

It works perfectly again! Gave the radio some solid taps using the ball of my palm (not to damage the radio) and no change!!!!

A steady signal all the way.

Thanks again guys for all the suggestions. It helped to steer me in the right direction.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dennison J
I did call yesterday, but they obviously requested that I send in the radio and modules for repairs with a 7 day turn around, not including shipping time. Anyway, I decided to explore my theory abit more in that, I knew it had to be coming from the headset after the testing I did. I am happy to say I found the problem!!!!

Visited a local hobby with all the components after work and needless to say, hooked everything up and it worked perfectly!! (you know how it goes, visit the doctor and the pain stops)

Anyway, I know I am not going carzy (just yet) and had to figure out what was going on. So while I am explaining to the guys what's going on, I started giving my radio some small taps at the base I notice the LED's flashing on the RX and the same problem came back. We then took my module out and placed it in a new radio . Again, it worked perfect until we started tapping the radio. (small taps off course) This confirmed it was the module.

I know that meronr suggested the antenna cable inside the TX, but it was not that. It seem to be the upper circuitry deck in the module that modulates the frequency (adjusting dial on the module) which is held to the lower deck by "plug in pins" I took this out and fit it back in snugly.

It works perfectly again! Gave the radio some solid taps using the ball of my palm (not to damage the radio) and no change!!!!

A steady signal all the way.

Thanks again guys for all the suggestions. It helped to steer me in the right direction.
Glad to hear problem fixed and I was close though
Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meronr
Glad to hear problem fixed and I was close though

Yes you were.