Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy info

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

on the radio i was thinking about getting a spectrum transmitter and reciever. i understand they are good, but whats the downfall. every good radio has a downfall.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
i found out that the motor is the origanal motor and it only has 3/4 of a gallon through it with 20% and that was threw the break in prosses also. he said that he doesnt really now the power of the motor to well so that tells me that he hasnt raced it so the motor really hasnt seen its prime yet. should i get another motor now while this one is still fresh or just run this one for a while to get used to the power and what not.
there was one other thing to... i was in the CEN matrix forum yesterday and i was reading that peolpe are changing out the LSD in the truck, or i think they are, nut anyhow they are changing the lube in the LSD to like grease and 80wt oil. i understand that this makes the car run alittle freely and smoother, but what are the other advantages to all this, and what are the disadvantages.
the motor that is on it has a pull start also should i dich that or should i just get a good ignitor and hope for the best
The motor should be OK, you don't need to buy a new one, you could use to practice and even race with it.

Regarding the grease in the differential (rear) it is used too make the car more docile.

If you plan to race, it maybe advisable to get an starter box and modify the motor to use a bump start, basically what you need is a different backplate and a larger flywheel. This is required because in the middle of a race if the engine flames out, you or your pit man will go crazy trying to start the engine again.

Hope this info is useful to you.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

it is helpful stuff and i apreciate it all. reguarding the rear and front gears.... what would be recommended in the front and in the rear? should i run grease in rear or oil. i guess in just looking for the best performance out of the truck so im not buying new gears after every practice or in the first race the rear end goes out.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It is best to run oil in the diffs.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

on the oil part should it be in the front and rear only or in the ceter also. im not to sure if there is a center i could have been misstaken when i read the forum, but just on the front and rear what weight oil 80wt???
Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Front/Center/Rear on my truggy is
5/30/5
But this varies with the truggy that you drive ask someone else that has this truggy and they will be able to help you more than I can.