Old 02-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have a novak havoc esc for sale if intrested plz me ill send pics and info
Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caltek1
niznai,

If you have nothing constructive to add, then don't.

What a totally ridiculous statement. If the insert has already expanded it will not have the same consistency, but then what ever works for you.

To be competitive you need to spend money, that's just the way it is.

Later,

Calvin.
Dude, wake up. You're playing with toy cars and you suggest the only way to be competitive is to spend money, then throw your tantrums here like a brat whose sand pit was invaded. How ridiculous is that? Who do you think you are?

You need to be more respectful of others' experience and ideas even if you don't like or understand it. I think saving money is a very constructive thing. I have tried the shaped inserts from Sweep, they are very good, but I don't see why I should pay money to get something I already have or can make for free. If that's not constructive enough for you, oh well, go buy all the inserts you can and corner the market. People with common sense might find my suggestion very useful for others who race TC (that's touring cars, by the way) like myself and have loads of inserts lying around. I have not found found any problem with reusing them as I said. Try for yourself and then come here and give us your opinions.

And try to have fun. Remember, you're playing with toy cars.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Dude, wake up. You're playing with toy cars and you suggest the only way to be competitive is to spend money, then throw your tantrums here like a brat whose sand pit was invaded. How ridiculous is that? Who do you think you are?

You need to be more respectful of others' experience and ideas even if you don't like or understand it. I think saving money is a very constructive thing. I have tried the shaped inserts from Sweep, they are very good, but I don't see why I should pay money to get something I already have or can make for free. If that's not constructive enough for you, oh well, go buy all the inserts you can and corner the market. People with common sense might find my suggestion very useful for others who race TC (that's touring cars, by the way) like myself and have loads of inserts lying around. I have not found found any problem with reusing them as I said. Try for yourself and then come here and give us your opinions.

TOY CARS ???

I have €4000 in my TOY CARS

I happen to think mini racing is the closest form of racing there is and i never think i am playing with toy cars

If you have such an agressive post then PM it !!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

niznai,
Calvin.

Niznai, Here we go again! Who do you think YOU are? Didn't you start this pissing match a few pages ago? People post up here to ask for feedback so they can base their purchases on the experience of others, not to hear your petty antty whining, slamming someone's opinion. Taxi Cab inserts are not an option for all and like stated before, the inserts are just like the tires on your real car. The more heat cycles they are subjected to, the softer/crappier they become. Personally, I would rather spend a little to have the piece of mind my insert is not going to come apart in the middle of a main, sending my car to the wall, causing more damage then could be prevented by buying the right parts to begin with.
From the CONSTRUCTIVE advice I have received from Calvin, I am sure he has tried a few of the ideas posted and made his own opinion of what works good and what needs to be replaced propperly with new parts.
Yes, we are playing with toy cars and it's a shame you are getting so worked up over others opinions towards a toy car.
Enough said!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

niznai,

Thanks for your opinion. spoiled No, tantrums No. Spend money on the hobby and try to be competitive Yes.

However your comments have given me a good idea of the type of person you are.

BTW,

My comment still stands,

Thanks I will add you to my ignore list.

Happy Racing,

Calvin.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you're using the correct mini Inserts and not gooping, you should be able to reuse them to save a few bucks.
If your tc inserts are doing that , you sure must be gooping them excessively.

I bake the goop into my tc tyres and they come out fine.

Everyone has their own budget and take on level of compromise.
I just can't see the sense of wasting tyres and rims with lousy inserts.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Here are some links I have found useful for getting mini gear lately. I thought they might be useful to some of you. The top store also supports other chassis types.

Links:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Rdvtg...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Jason...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://www.feralbatteries.com.au/

Hope that helps someone.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 02-13-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: re inserted links.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here are some links I have found useful for getting mini gear lately. I thought they might be useful to some of you. The top store also supports other chassis types.

Links:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Rdvtg...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Jason...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://www.feralbatteries.com.au/

Hope that helps someone.

Regards,

Calvin.
are you trying to be helpful that's so unlike you from everything i've seen over the years

and I believe the links are bad
Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

niznai,

Thanks for your opinion. spoiled No, tantrums No. Spend money on the hobby and try to be competitive Yes.

However your comments have given me a good idea of the type of person you are.

BTW,

My comment still stands,

Thanks I will add you to my ignore list.

Happy Racing,

Calvin.
Good on you, mate. See, you can be very constructive if you try. This is not the first time you have a dig at me (or at someone daring to express their own opinions here for that matter) or behave like this forum is your backyard. If you can not accept that others may think dfferently to you, just refrain from commenting on their posts. It's easy, doesn't cost money and saves a lot of trouble. Or just get a room with your tools above and have a wank-in around some minis.

I knew what kind of person you and your tools were. I wasn't talking for you and I state it here for the record, you are not welcome to validate my experience.

Originally Posted by sidecarphil
TOY CARS ???

I have €4000 in my TOY CARS

I happen to think mini racing is the closest form of racing there is and i never think i am playing with toy cars

If you have such an agressive post then PM it !!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble mate. I am sure there are others here who have a lot more than that in toy cars (I myself have quite a collection). Nobody denies your right to think whatever you want but that doesn't make it real either. Don't get too worked up about it.

And about agression, I think I have never seen so much aggression as it is here in this very thread which seems to have been hijacked by a handful of guys without a life. This is why they feel so threatened when someone seems to not take their word for gospel. I have experimented myself, I foudn what works for me, and I stand by what I said. Perhaps you should do the same rather than just borrow someone else's ideas. It actually works.

PS. I am not the kind of guy who swears at people in secrecy. If you're a turd, I'll tell it to your face, it's no agression. We believe in that in Australia.

Last edited by niznai; 02-13-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good on you, mate. See, you can be very constructive if you try. This is not the first time you have a dig at me (or at someone daring to express their own opinions here for that matter) or behave like this forum is your backyard. If you can not accept that others may think dfferently to you, just refrain from commenting on their posts. It's easy, doesn't cost money and saves a lot of trouble. Or just get a room with your tools above and have a wank-in around some minis.

I knew what kind of person you and your tools were. I wasn't talking for you and I state it here for the record, you are not welcome to validate my experience.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate. I am sure there are others here who have a lot more than that in toy cars (I myself have quite a collection). Nobody denies your right to think whatever you want but that doesn't make it real either. Don't get too worked up about it.

And about agression, I think I have never seen so much aggression as it is here in this very thread which seems to have been hijacked by a handful of guys without a life. This is why they feel so threatened when someone seems to not take their word for gospel. I have experimented myself, I foudn what works for me, and I stand by what I said. Perhaps you should do the same rather than just borrow someone else's ideas. It actually works.

PS. I am not the kind of guy who swears at people in secrecy. If you're a turd, I'll tell it to your face, it's no agression. We believe in that in Australia.
i raced REAL sidecars so i know what real racing is and although you may think they are TOYS !!! i think they are not toys as the speed of a touring car or a well set up mini is too fast for a child (toy , something assosiated with children and animals ) as i dont fit into either catagory i think my €1000 touring car is not a TOY !!!

i also believe in telling it as it is ..... and i think you are an idiot and i will add you to my ignore list too !!!

soon you will be the only one reading your posts !!!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, got a question for ya.

I recently picked up an M-05, and was wondering if any of you have tried to add on adjustable turnbuckles?

Let me know what you used, and does it work with the Tamiya plastic? Thanks all.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

rc_bam226,

I have the Tamiya adjustable rear links on the rear of one of my MO5's fitted with the Tamiya 1.5 degree rear hubs, these work fine. If you want to use the new 3Racing rear hubs, we have found that an adjustable long rear link is a must. Place the link in the outer hole on the hub, with a 2mm spacer under the ball and then run two degrees of rear camber. I am presently using the two degree rear hubs, however will be going to one degree.

For the front 3Racing do a complete turnbuckle set for the MO3 and MO5, this will give you a pair for the front. I know of at least three racers here in Sydney using them on the front. They are happy with the results. I myself have not used them as I would have to remove them for racers other than clubbies. This ensures I have the car setup as required for these other meetings without having to change car setup.

I have also seen others use a droop screw and plastic parts to make adjustable front camber links, however these ended up stripping out due to the droop screws being to short. This tends to ruin your race.

Using the lower hole on the front of the MO5 chassis will cause more tyre wear on the inside of the tyre if you decide to go that way. The added camber gives you the same wear as on a MO3.

I did neglect to add that the ride height effect the tyre wear, as it will give more negative camber if you you run the car low. I have found the MO5 does not require the ride height to be as low as an MO3. However your ride height will be determined by your track conditions.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 02-13-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

k_bojar,

I have up dated the links, they should work now. You will have to go to the MO3/MO5 listing in the side menu.

Thanks for the witty comments.

Hope your having a great weekend.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Thanks caltek1. I'll look into those.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

You need to be more respectful of others' experience and ideas even if you don't like or understand it.
+1
Ive seen forums ruined by a few (very knowledgeable) ADULTS with a chip on their shoulder & social skills of a teenage brat.

Forums are a platform for discussion, there will always be conflicting opinions, so tolerance of other opinions & ideas is not optional.
My RC hobby has cost me 3x what I spent on my real car, I know which one is the toy:my opinion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.