Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 09-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, what's the problem with Nicki Minaj? Pretty cool to have so many doubles. Got to be useful with work and stuff.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

Well she's no Kate Bush.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

I'm just about to take delivery of my M05 V2 and I have a question about the droop adjustment.

Is there any need to adjust droop this way when all we currently do to set the droop is adjust the shock length?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Boons
I'm just about to take delivery of my M05 V2 and I have a question about the droop adjustment.

Is there any need to adjust droop this way when all we currently do to set the droop is adjust the shock length?
Nope, no need at all...not having to build the shocks every time should make life easier though...
Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Hey, what's the problem with Nicki Minaj?
Generally, not much. Specifically, Anaconda. It's a butt juggling travesty and an awful bit of noise. I like terrible. This goes beyond terrible.

Originally Posted by marcos graveyar
Well she's no Kate Bush.
I want to see Kate Bush cover this thing now - solo, at a piano

Originally Posted by JosB
Nope, no need at all...not having to build the shocks every time should make life easier though...
THIS is the second best feature on the V2. Build shocks as per instructions. No spacers, no mucking about.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Niznai-
Let me know if you want one, my LHS has one on the shelf. All up with postage to the US, will perhaps land around 300$.
Thanks, but I had two, sold one and my other which has every upgrade and all the bling is waiting for the off season for some parking lot fun. I am good w/ one CR.

Raman-
The people that thought the CR was rubbish are the samones that think the m chassis is junk. Now that the m chassis is 3 generations in, they have take notice.

The CR was a pretty good racer out of the box, handled well. If it went onto a second generation, it would have done really well.
I agree with you, and not trying to start a Tamiya vs CR fight.
I think the CR was a great car for the "Mini" class out of the box. It was well balanced, 4wd, and easy to adjust. For the price it was a better value in my opinion than the Tamiya Mini class which is price slightly less but most of the components need to be replaced immediately (shocks, steering assembly, servo saver, etc).

Tamiya has done a better job to support the Mini class, hence why in my opinion the Tamiya M's have continued to do so well. They iterate on them, they don't keep throwing darts at the wall hoping for a hit (like HPI).

Anyway, I love my Tamiya Mini just as much as the CR, -I like the fact that it is popular, it is a class that almost every club races and there are lots of parts available.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JosB
Very true

So I should just set the droop as per the manual then I guess?

I'm also keen to see how it goes compared to my Mk1 M05 if all set up the same
Old 09-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
I want to see Kate Bush cover this thing now - solo, at a piano
Naked?
Old 09-25-2014, 01:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Naked?
No.

Hey look! Ten minutes, rattle cans and a blow dryer!

(Seriously? Have you seen Kate Bush recently?)
Old 09-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

No.

Hey look! Ten minutes, rattle cans and a blow dryer!

(Seriously? Have you seen Kate Bush recently?)
that's cool...

what body is that?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Blitz Jazz.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

(Seriously? Have you seen Kate Bush recently?)[/SIZE]
Naked or clothed?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Boons
Very true

So I should just set the droop as per the manual then I guess?

I'm also keen to see how it goes compared to my Mk1 M05 if all set up the same
Yes, always build per manual first. Get an idea what the standard setup is and then go from there...
Old 09-26-2014, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Naked or clothed?
Saw her two weeks ago, she's a bit more matron-ey than she used to be.

Back to M05's though, Tamiya have the V2 parts at the Japan Model Hobby Show today.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hello, I'm a noob to this Mini class. We just started racing them at CRC Raceway in Rome, NY.
Last night was the 1st club race. We only had 4 Mini cars last night, but do expect the class to grow quickly. A couple guys w/ Mini's couldn't make it. Lots and lots of interest though.
Now, questions for all you Mini vets:
1) I have a RTR M05, all stock and a M05 Pro (old version) running a 21.5. A racing buddy ran my Pro car while I used my RTR. Overall, the RTR car performed better. Seemed to have more top end even though both geared at 20t.
Q- Typically, is the brushed silver can faster than a 21.5 brushless motor? Cars have identical Peak 45c 2 cell lipos with near identical numbers.
2) We thought the Pro car was spinning the wheels more (too much torque?) since the grip on the track was low. So we switched out just the front kit tires for S-grips. The car was total junk in the Main after the tire switch. Very tail happy in the corners. I mean evil. Wasn't like this with all 4 kit tires.
Q- Do you have to run all same tires at all 4 corners? Front wheel drive is a mystery to me.
3) The RTR car bounced around in the corners pretty good but held the line in corners quite well (to my amazement). I switched the rear stock kit silver rear springs out for gold springs and that settled it down some, but still bouncy. I ran 0 shims in all 4.
Q- With the friction shocks I am assuming there is little improvement to handling? I am already looking at a set of CVA oil shocks for that car as its first "upgrade". The Pro car has oil dampers and seem to work quite well.

Track is a little bumpy, with lowish grip right now, but do expect it to get grippy quickly. They run a lot of 1/12 stock and mod as well as 1/10 WGT on cars there w/ foam tires.

Overall, all 4 of us had a blast wheeling these things and look forward to growing interest and class size quickly. I also have an M06 (stock kit). It should be ready for next Thursday. All stock except CVA shocks.

Thanks for any advice.
Cheers!
Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.