Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin 112c and NiMH  ????? >

Tekin 112c and NiMH ?????

Tekin 112c and NiMH ?????

Old 06-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tekin 112c and NiMH ?????

Hi all, I have a Tekin 112c charger that has E26 firmware. Can I use this to charge NiMH's without damageing them? Should I leave the power- flex off ? I do know that I can have the firmware upgraded, Guess my timing is kind of bad. I just pulled all my old Losi trucks out for my son as he's now old enough, And is ready to RIP!!! I went to my LHS all they have are NiMH batteries and guess what I don't know a dam thing about these batteries. Just the good old NiCD's. Dam I feel OLD! LOL!! Thanks for any input on this. pecor
Old 06-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats the same as mine. If you charge with this charger, do not use the flex, and watch the batt temp carefuly. The charger cuts out after like .5 volt drop. Most new nimh 3300 recomend like .2 volt drop.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

In this case, I would suggest using a tray or low discharge amperage to bring the pack down really low before charging. Be sure the pack is cool, charge at 5 amps and watch the mAh rating on the charger. When it gets to about 2500, just turn it off. Unless your running carpet with a low turn mod, you should have plenty of run time, and when you cut off the NiMH's a little early, I have found that they have much more punch!