Wiki Posts
Search

MRT Brushless ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default MRT Brushless ESC

I keep seeing posts suggesting a new brushless ESC by MRT. Any details?
Old 01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

They are devoloping one, but there are no dates etc available as it is still being worked on.

I wouldn't wait around as it might be some time.

I'm also interested, especially if it ends up waterproof like all their other stuff.

Skiddins
Old 01-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi or8ital, yes we're developing brushless no details other than it's being designed to be the ultimate 'competition specification' brushless speed controller.

Hi Skiddins, it will be 100% waterproof like all our 'other stuff'.

It will be a very small size and have 'advanced' software/programming running on a high end microcontroller, with a very fast processing speed (critical for optimum response, control and performance).

No more information is available at this time.

-Terry_S
Old 01-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Terry, you are such a tease...
Old 01-13-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes Dave

You'll all be the first to know here when we have any news!

-Terry_S
Old 01-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi or8ital, yes we're developing brushless no details other than it's being designed to be the ultimate 'competition specification' brushless speed controller.-Terry_S
Will it be programable via bluetooth on a mobilehpone with realtime & logged telemtry? If not it's not gonna be the ultimate just pulling your leg

I guess Clive got his bread board back out then, have you figured out how you are going to water proof the sesnor port?

Reminds me of Team America

"Now I've seen everything"

"Have you seen a man eat his own head? No? Well you haven't seen everything"
Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JevUK
Will it be programable via bluetooth on a mobilehpone with realtime & logged telemtry? If not it's not gonna be the ultimate just pulling your leg

I guess Clive got his bread board back out then, have you figured out how you are going to water proof the sesnor port?

Reminds me of Team America

"Have you seen a man eat his own head? No? Well you haven't seen everything"
Jev when it comes to brushless you're one of the most experienced people at the race track, I'd value any suggestion you have when it comes to what works for racing. I know my leg is being pulled The control and performance comes first for racing, all the extras and gimmick gizmos just add to the cost and nothing to faster lap times.

The whole speedo will be 100% waterproof including the sensor port should one be required. What happens at the motor end is down to the motor designers to solve. I guess problem free wet weather sensored racing is something people would like if possible.

One important design consideration that goes without saying is having the ultimate MOSFET specification, the days of big brushless speedos with heatsinks and fans needs to end. The next generation brushless is coming!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

One important design consideration that goes without saying is having the ultimate MOSFET specification, the days of big brushless speedos with heatsinks and fans needs to end. The next generation brushless is coming!
Well to be fair, it already has.

Mod class is breathing it's last breath. 10.5 & 13.5 run fine on most esc out now without fans and big heatsinks.

Esc efficiency will not be the be all and end all. Software and gimicks(your words ) will be a bigger selling points.

Terry have you ever looked into having cases made from extruded aluminium? I have a picture in my head of an esc that would be truely special .
Old 01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well to be fair, it already has.

Mod class is breathing it's last breath. 10.5 & 13.5 run fine on most esc out now without fans and big heatsinks.

Esc efficiency will not be the be all and end all. Software and gimicks(your words ) will be a bigger selling points.
Efficiency is always important no matter what motor is being used and software with brushless is equally important. Our design criteria involves having the best MOSFET spec together with advanced programming, unnecessary extras and gimmicky gizmos are excluded. Software for motor control is crucial, software (the user interface) for programming and setting the ESC is crucial. Get the fundamentals right first, performance, control, 100% waterproof etc, and not forgetting also make it small.

Terry have you ever looked into having cases made from extruded aluminium? I have a picture in my head of an esc that would be truely special .
Jev we've looked at pretty much every possible case design, extruded aluminium included.
We have our design which could best be described as the 'ultimate case design'. One thing we don't do is use superlatives without them being backed up in our product designs. We always work from the view that we want it to be as good as it can be, something we're going to race with ourselves.. so it has to be very good indeed!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Could you add wall detection to it? If Im headed toward a wall slow the car down and steer it out of harms way? That would be a nice feature..
Old 01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

The more processing power you've got with high end microcontrollers means you could then have time to have 'object detection and avoidance' built in, I know I'd find it useful!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Reminds me of Team America

"Have you seen a man eat his own head? No? Well you haven't seen everything" [/QUOTE]

"are you a team player"
Old 01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Lipo cutoff? Either way, I'll be one of the first in line when they come out!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdearhart
Lipo cutoff? Either way, I'll be one of the first in line when they come out!
That'll be a given I guess, as the TSX brushed speedo already has this option built in
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

something we're going to race with ourselves.. so it has to be very good indeed!
I thought you 2 had all but given up

Here's the sort of thing I had in mind but much smaller and the end caps would not over hang.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...&doy=16m1#spec

I think the switch, receiver and sensors wires could be sealed in one end by a plate with a foam or rubber sandwich. Would look very neat and anodised a bight colour.

If people wanted to stretch the power limits a heatsink could be bolted to the top. Like in a 1/8th car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.